Specter has no access to granting alac in WvW?

Scorcher.6428

Pretty much the title.
Was this a random undocumented change or is this a bug following the 27th patch? I cannot find information mentioning this change anywhere. I see it's been replaced by protection though which is nice too I guess?
Now thief has 0 access to alacrity in competitive. Idk if this is a good thing, bad, on purpose or whatever. I'm just very confused 😅

• Like 2

even if shadestep would also give alac in competitive you would most likely get bursted out of shroud before acutally given mich of alac to beginn with.

I think protection is somewhat better for the sustainability but i got the feeling that shroud combined with thief low health pool isn‘t really gonna make it worth in wvw. For small scale pvp on the other hand I can imagine it is really good, but thats only a guess 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Felices Bladewing.3914 said:

even if shadestep would also give alac in competitive you would most likely get bursted out of shroud before acutally given mich of alac to beginn with.

I think protection is somewhat better for the sustainability but i got the feeling that shroud combined with thief low health pool isn‘t really gonna make it worth in wvw. For small scale pvp on the other hand I can imagine it is really good, but thats only a guess 

I could already give protection to my Tether who would most likely be the powerhouse keeping our side in it and I could heal and give Barrier to everyone in a burst during a drive from either side. I can upkeep that new protection well enough so I imagine I could also give at least frequent Alacrity. 

I really appreciated being able to contribute some quality of life to people who bother to jump on siege, and it was nice to be able to get some momentum going and punch through a little faster. I do agree, the new protection is better sustain in an ongoing shifting and pivoting fight but I feel like that trade off is cruel. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kash.9213 said:

I really appreciated being able to contribute some quality of life to people who bother to jump on siege, and it was nice to be able to get some momentum going and punch through a little faster.

Felt the exact same way!!

The prot is probably more useful, but the removal of alac seems completely unnecessary. Feels especially bad because the change is completely undocumented in the patch notes. I guess I'm just really disappointed 😔

14 hours ago, Felices Bladewing.3914 said:

• Like 2

So in WvW Scrapper can't quick, Specter can't Alac.. but I guess we can just switch to Ele and get both right ?

I don't want to adhere to the "CmC is an Ele main" conspiracy but the lack of communication on the reasons some changes are done (some not even in patch notes) is starting to grate on the nerves of even the more reasonable of us 😑

Edited by Sirvaleen.1379
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

^Yes it's because Ele main, same reason Guardian has been top dog in all content since release cuz Guardian is a dev favorite/their sugarbaby class.

If I wanna zerg-play I switch to Ele.

I don't bother with Specter or Deadeye in WvW. Just not worth it anymore compared to Daredevil, even before DD buffs (which actually didn't really even effect PvP for it at all).

You will receive a better Specter for WvW once they give Scepter to Daredevil unless they nerf it or something, which would be sad.

Edited by Doggie.3184

On 7/10/2023 at 12:41 PM, kash.9213 said:

I could already give protection to my Tether who would most likely be the powerhouse keeping our side in it and I could heal and give Barrier to everyone in a burst during a drive from either side. I can upkeep that new protection well enough so I imagine I could also give at least frequent Alacrity. 

I really appreciated being able to contribute some quality of life to people who bother to jump on siege, and it was nice to be able to get some momentum going and punch through a little faster. I do agree, the new protection is better sustain in an ongoing shifting and pivoting fight but I feel like that trade off is cruel. 

Since competitive shroud nerf its kinda redundant

Edited by Lithril Ashwalker.6230
  • Thanks 1