Anyone tried power gs herald?

Tekey.5084

2 hours ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

Eh, I find Condi Herald to be better than power builds.

Not about being better. Condi vindicator can be absurdly powerful and I've been playing one as my main for quite some time. I just like the idea of using greatsword and having Glint as a legend, thus the question

• Like 2

Didn't tried with GS. Aside from some bunker builds which I tested in PvP which didn't went anywere, I haven't played Herald in a year and half, since the pre-EoD nerfs. Both Renegade and Vindi are stronger at PvP/WvW roaming and neither of the two are top dogs in the meta. When I want to play  a mediocre build with sentimental attachment I chose Firebrand instead...

• Confused 2

On 7/12/2023 at 8:19 PM, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

It works well, downside GS loses a lot of luster due to not having leap in the rotation to fill in the blanks as you wait on the CDs on GS. personally, looking towards the shortbow myself.

Tried shortbow on vindicator. Felt amazing  indeed, and I was expecting it fo suck due to the lack of torment (skill 3 only) and chill (it can apply torment according to your build). I think it's been quite clear I play condi 😃 though I could happily change for power when gs herald becomes a thing (shame the cooldowns on gs are so kitten long)

11 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

Didn't tried with GS. Aside from some bunker builds which I tested in PvP which didn't went anywere, I haven't played Herald in a year and half, since the pre-EoD nerfs. Both Renegade and Vindi are stronger at PvP/WvW roaming and neither of the two are top dogs in the meta. When I want to play  a mediocre build with sentimental attachment I chose Firebrand instead...

Well, I do feel the same about firebrand, though I simply can't grasp rev on pvp/wvw. Energy being a thing on each legend screw me up all the time, and as I don't have the luxury to stick to a rotation, and I end up always messing up. Ironically, I used to do great as a d/d elementalist, that's being said for years to be quite complex

On 7/17/2023 at 12:10 AM, soul.9651 said:

It might be in the future, shortbow mace/axe on herald, altho i havent seen anyone testing it

Don't know about it compared to meta herald build, but as dps/support, the survivability of condi rev builds is very good. It basically just helps on soloing stuff and boon sharing occasionally (specially so in herald's case when talking about boons), so there's that. If open world pve is your thing, definetely worth trying, otherwise you'd probably have an easier life sticking to meta builds

Edited by Tekey.5084