[WvW] - Scrapper and Berserker Damage Output Complaint.

SleepyBat.9034

Why do these specs need such high damage stats to have mid-level damage output?? It's so frustrating to build craft on them because you have to tunnel vision offensive traits and skills that you have no room left for cleanse and defensive skills. And then you still get farmed by thieves and mesmers and have zed damage against any decent cele builds.

• Like 2
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Both those specs are capable of one shot or one shot combo damage, not exactly "mid-level damage output".... 🤷‍♂️🍦

Thanks for not reading the post. Those builds can only do that because they tunnel vision damage, I shouldn't have to run one shot meme build levels of offensives just to kill people.

Edited by SleepyBat.9034
  • Like 3
  • Confused 7

meh, needs the S+ teir aura tempest to work. I mean, i have been beaten by it, but those people are just great players and they won fair. The power version that is. Also, I agree, cele is too tanky with damage. I usually ignore those players because carry is waay too high, or they just out heal and wear the opponent down. outhealing a berzerker gear anything while winning with only landing 25% of attacks is kinda counter fun imo.

Edited by oatsnjuices.1698

5 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Bring back damage on hard CCs please.

I think I need to submit a bug report. For some reason the forums won't allow me to click the emoji option ten thousand times. Must be a bug else they are looking to not allow me to wear out my mouse button. Going with bug since we have bags in boxes that are in backpacks that are in sacks still in the game.

18 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Bring back damage on hard CCs please.

Comped groups will have a field day. Imagine running into a comped group of 6-7 peeps, capable of chain CCing you for 7-10 seconds straight, never mind that they blow you up after the second CC even in "tank" gear, because they reimplement hard CC damage. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, andrewlcl.8176 said:

Comped groups will have a field day. Imagine running into a comped group of 6-7 peeps, capable of chain CCing you for 7-10 seconds straight, never mind that they blow you up after the second CC even in "tank" gear, because they reimplement hard CC damage. 

I am ok with that if that means the same group can impact a larger boon ball that would have just killed the comp group all the more. With more CC pressure available it might make people ask, do I run CC to shutdown a target versus apply more boons to the group. A larger side will still have more options in either case but CC and damage gives more counter play versus straight out boonball play. So, I do say, re-up damage on hard CC.

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, andrewlcl.8176 said:

Yeah...I'd much rather the CC be somewhat threatening than a laughable breeze unless someone else follows up on your execution.

I welcome giving CC back some punch. The 1-5 it is currently is due to kneejerk overswinging by the "balance" team.

• Confused 3

6 hours ago, TexZero.7910 said:

The 1-5 it is currently is due to kneejerk overswinging by the "balance" team.

I do think power creep (and a blatant attempt to sell more new specs and expansions) was the reason driving the massive "balance" patch that dropped damage from CC skills, and shaved both healing and damage from a whole host of other skills. 

That patch just gave the team room to add more weapons and skills without further trivialising old content. That includes instances of trivialising encounters with players running most older specs in WvW. 

Nevertheless, the power creep is still so blatant that, for months now, many of these new specs have been mentioned repeatedly when discussing the most obnoxiously overpowered of builds in GW2. 

Edited by andrewlcl.8176

6 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I am ok with that if that means the same group can impact a larger boon ball that would have just killed the comp group all the more. With more CC pressure available it might make people ask, do I run CC to shutdown a target versus apply more boons to the group. A larger side will still have more options in either case but CC and damage gives more counter play versus straight out boonball play. So, I do say, re-up damage on hard CC.

I don't think that would be helpful in in example. In most cases, boon blobs themselves have a comped group backbone (like a guild for example, or at least a bunch of friends who communicate on what to run). 

If we re implement damage on CC skills, the boon ball will demolish the small comped group. It's also just how the AoE cap works. 

18 hours ago, andrewlcl.8176 said:

I don't think that would be helpful in in example. In most cases, boon blobs themselves have a comped group backbone (like a guild for example, or at least a bunch of friends who communicate on what to run). 

If we re implement damage on CC skills, the boon ball will demolish the small comped group. It's also just how the AoE cap works. 

No, we can agree to disagree, bring back all the damage on CC, maybe even increase it so we can counter the boon meta, the balance in boons is at an all time low right now. 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
missing word