I started playing pvp again but i met a Catalyst putting tons of pressure and burn

Sven.7201

1 hour ago, Sven.7201 said:

Is it normal that Catalyst is so strong?

I think it's more a Learn2play issue on my side but i can't help asking the question.

Eh.  I mean, there is a certain amount of L2P, and you'll get plenty of people here telling you to just Git Gud.  But the reality is PvP is the most unbalanced garbage where every update, people flock to the most overpowered meme meta builds.  The Devs have ten years of screwing up every patch with nerfs and buffs.  There are dozens of class specs, no matter how advanced a player you are, that will never be great at PvP.  Don't look for class balance in this part of the game.  

Edited by Alaeacus.9635
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sven.7201 said:

I think it's more a Learn2play issue on my side but i can't help asking the question.

2 patches ago cata was SS tier and we even got 5 cata winning mota for trolling, then they nerfed it a bit, and it became A+ tier for a few months, recently they decided to nerf most of the other top meta specs while also doing big buffs to cata, so now cata is is again the only one S tier  with an oppressive build. 

Enjoy this horrendous meta while you can because i assure you it will be absolute chaos after all the new broken builds will pop left and right in the new xpac

• Like 2

19 hours ago, mariugo.4856 said:

2 patches ago cata was SS tier and we even got 5 cata winning mota for trolling, then they nerfed it a bit, and it became A+ tier for a few months, recently they decided to nerf most of the other top meta specs while also doing big buffs to cata, so now cata is is again the only one S tier  with an oppressive build. 

Enjoy this horrendous meta while you can because i assure you it will be absolute chaos after all the new broken builds will pop left and right in the new xpac

To be fair there's an argument to be maid for Tempest being a competitive choice too.  🙂

The thing that sucks the most about fighting a catalyst is the fact that they put out so much pressure offensively which gives them stability, prot, and other defensives baked into their offense.  meanwhile the only way of downing a cata is to put on a ton of offensive pressure, which you can't do because they're putting out a ton of offensive pressure, which forces you defensive.

• Like 3

On 7/12/2023 at 4:06 AM, Sven.7201 said:

yes. 🙂

On 7/12/2023 at 4:06 AM, Sven.7201 said:

no. 🙂

stay positive. 🌈🦄

• Like 2
  • Confused 4