Rework fractal numbering

Because the fractal numbers will go higher than 25 eventually, they need to rework this numbering concept. For one, changing the fractal numbers around each time a fractal is added is annoying. But, why not for each tier, just assign a number 1 through whatever to each unique fractal, and then each new fractal after the last just gets the next number higher. Each tier then has the same fractal numbers in it. Or something completely different I am up to as well. You could just have rotating fractal levels in/out depending on dailies/recs/etc. Do away with the numbers? Anyone have any other thoughts?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

8 hours ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

Because the fractal numbers will go higher than 25 eventually, they need to rework this numbering concept. For one, changing the fractal numbers around each time a fractal is added is annoying. But, why not for each tier, just assign a number 1 through whatever to each unique fractal, and then each new fractal after the last just gets the next number higher. Each tier then has the same fractal numbers in it. Or something completely different I am up to as well. You could just have rotating fractal levels in/out depending on dailies/recs/etc. Do away with the numbers? Anyone have any other thoughts?

Interesting idea.

But why not take it one step further and get rid of the numbering altogether? They could be named (as they are today) and simply prefixed or suffixed with a tier level when appropriate. For example: "Tier 1 Silent Surf", "Tier 2 Silent Surf", etcetera. There's 2 issues I can see with this: personal fractal level and AR levels, but I'm sure som system could be devised to handle that.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2023 at 5:51 PM, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

But, why not for each tier, just assign a number 1 through whatever to each unique fractal, and then each new fractal after the last just gets the next number higher.

In a couple of years they might do something like that.
Right now the fractal number has a purpose.
#1 the higher the number the more AR is needed (you don't need 150 AR until fractal 100  or any AR to do fractals below #20)
#2 The rewards are different, players receive more encryption boxes depending on the exact number, it's not the same number of boxes from any fractal in the same tier.
#3 IIRC it used to be back when there were more duplicate fractals that the higher number had a harder set of instabilities and more hp. I don't think the HP part is true anymore I'm not really sure about instabs cause they've undergone a lot of recent changes.

All of that could be changed and maybe it will be in another year or two.