Can this person get banned?

one of my guild mates were scammed by some guy, but the agreement happened outside of the game. no words were exchanged in game that i know of. My guildie thinks the guy won't get banned because of it, but i think he will. What are your opinions on this matter?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, ILoveCats.2569 said:

one of my guild mates were scammed by some guy, but the agreement happened outside of the game. no words were exchanged in game that i know of. My guildie thinks the guy won't get banned because of it, but i think he will. What are your opinions on this matter?

Uhm if there is no record in game how would he get banned?

Your friend sending him something, he can just say well I thought it was a gift what about it?

It is even worse if your friend gave him cash outside of game to buy gold since that is not allowed and could get ur friend in trouble too.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 3

I think it depends on what happened. For example if your friend arranged to buy or sell items via mail to get around the TP fees then I don't think Anet will do anything because that's not a system they support. As far as they're concerned anything you mail to another player belongs to them now.

Although I don't think they tell the person who reported someone what the outcome was even if they were affected. Your friend won't get a response from support to tell them the guy has been banned, they'll just say they will handle it.

• Like 1

It always helps to file a report. you can also do this by a support call (in order to provide more details). It is unlikely that based on a single report any action is taken as it will lack solid evidence and it is not worth the hassle to investigate very deep. However, when more reports come in, it might be possible they'll look into it further.

tl;dr: 
Yes report it
No, do not expect a ban.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2