Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Hall of Monuments questions


Recommended Posts

i'm going for 15 points in the Hall of Monuments but I have some questions:

what is a good profession to play through all the campaigns, is there a combination that is particularly good? I used to play Mesmer/Elementalist, but tbh most of my memories have faded so i'd like to go the easy route.

Do you have any suggestions as to the order of campaigns I shoul play through that might be the most effective, as I understood starting with Eye of the North is the best.

Should I worry about getting to 15 points, I noticed there were some mini's included that were rewarded through birthdays. Is it actually feasible to get to 15 points, I lost my old key-card so I bought it again. it's really nostalgic seeing the old world again ^^

any tips are welcome, it is a long term project for me so i'm not in a hurry but making it streamlined would be great.

Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, deathdealer.2197 said:

what is a good profession to play through all the campaigns, is there a combination that is particularly good? I used to play Mesmer/Elementalist, but tbh most of my memories have faded so i'd like to go the easy route.

It may be a good idea to pick ranger (either primary or secondary) so you can tame pets to add to the HoM because that gets you some extra points. But if you don't want to play ranger all the time you could pick a different primary, swap your secondary just long enough to get the pets and then swap back.

I'm not actually sure what's considered a good or easy profession these days so I don't want to give any recommendations. I don't play GW1 much any more and never worried about making good characters when I did, I just picked whatever combinations seemed fun.
 

1 hour ago, deathdealer.2197 said:

Do you have any suggestions as to the order of campaigns I shoul play through that might be the most effective, as I understood starting with Eye of the North is the best.

You can't start in Eye of the North because your character has to be level 10 to go there. I think it's often considered best to start in Nightfall so you get heroes early on, because they make other things easier, and then go to EotN as soon as you get to 10 because it gives more points and quick access to more heroes.
 

1 hour ago, deathdealer.2197 said:

Should I worry about getting to 15 points, I noticed there were some mini's included that were rewarded through birthdays. Is it actually feasible to get to 15 points, I lost my old key-card so I bought it again. it's really nostalgic seeing the old world again ^^

A lot of people will sell, or even give away, mini pets because you get them for all your characters birthdays so a lot of older players have all the ones they want and more. You need 1 green and 1 gold mini and you might have to buy them but you can probably find someone to give you white ones.

If you want to buy them the best place is still Kamadan on the US districts (unlike GW2 you can switch regions at will in GW1). Unfortunately buying or selling anything means spamming chat, but you may not need to do it for long.

Edited by Danikat.8537
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

It may be a good idea to pick ranger (either primary or secondary) so you can tame pets to add to the HoM because that gets you some extra points. But if you don't want to play ranger all the time you could pick a different primary, swap your secondary just long enough to get the pets and then swap back.

I'm not actually sure what's considered a good or easy profession these days so I don't want to give any recommendations. I don't play GW1 much any more and never worried about making good characters when I did, I just picked whatever combinations seemed fun.
 

You can't start in Eye of the North because your character has to be level 10 to go there. I think it's often considered best to start in Nightfall so you get heroes early on, because they make other things easier, and then go to EotN as soon as you get to 10 because it gives more points and quick access to more heroes.
 

A lot of people will sell, or even give away, mini pets because you get them for all your characters birthdays so a lot of older players have all the ones they want and more. You need 1 green and 1 gold mini and you might have to buy them but you can probably find someone to give you white ones.

If you want to buy them the best place is still Kamadan on the US districts (unlike GW2 you can switch regions at will in GW1). Unfortunately buying or selling anything means spamming chat, but you may not need to do it for long.

Thank you! i've been playing a M/E like the good old days, but having a pet class might indeed be a good call. I think i'll be fine on a Ranger, i'm mostly there for the nostalgic value and some extra achievement points. 

i'll look out for the give-aways aswel. thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Many years ago I did HoM and GWAMM in just over a year on a Rit.  While the game was more active then for doing dungeons and such I did do most of the VQs with heroes only.  Rit was also capable of farming the first part of UW, the first rooms you can get to without doing any quests, with a pretty good ecto return to help finance other things.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Erich.1783 said:

Many years ago I did HoM and GWAMM in just over a year on a Rit.  While the game was more active then for doing dungeons and such I did do most of the VQs with heroes only.  Rit was also capable of farming the first part of UW, the first rooms you can get to without doing any quests, with a pretty good ecto return to help finance other things.

i'd have to give it a look! thanks!

Edited by deathdealer.2197
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As said, you do not have to be a ranger to charm pets. You can do it after completing bout 1/4th of a campaign by switching your secundairy class to rangers and equipping the charm pet skill.

all classes are good. GW1 does follow the trinity of tank, heal and dps. However, with the system of heroes and henchman you can create a team of your own. Specially with heroes you have specialized builds for setting up the heroes you bring along (I always liked the 3 mesmers as they heal, dps AND bring minions to tank for you.. Still I would not prefer to play a dedicated healer when playing solo with heroes/henchman.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...