What profession/elite spec doesn't make you "play the piano"?

Puffer Fish.1796

Hey all. Returning veteran player, been back a little over a week and decided I wanted to main Untamed in open world. I love the gameplay of it, though I haven't fully unlocked it yet so I'm still in baby mode. I completely missed out on the original version of the spec so I haven't noticed any of the things the forums are complaining about.

My problem is my hands. I've recently developed rheumatoid arthritis and one of the big things that upsets my joints is, apparently, stretching all over the place to press keys...like Untamed needs me to do with its 5 F keys and unleashed swap.

I don't want to stop playing the game completely, but I think I may need to change my main until I get my illness under control enough that something as simple as playing Untamed won't make my entire arms hurt the next day.

So, my question...what's your favorite elite spec that doesn't require a ton of complex keywork? I'm thinking I may need to go either guardian or warrior.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

People hate on Bladesworn but I thoroughly enjoy it's style. Other warrior specs are engaging and aggressive, you move around allot, dodging into enemies, Full Counter and Primal burst spamming... Very fun and satisfying.

Bladesworn feels very different but still effective. You're typically looking for a chance to pause for dragon trigger which could mean just running a distance away from the enemy to get out of their attack or breaking a break bar to give yourself some breathing room or just letting yourself get surrounded as they come to you. Then you path out your next moves using trigger guard, flicker step and either a ranged, dash or melee burst, your pick. It takes some getting used to but the results are fun in PvE.

• Like 6

Quickness Untamed should get easier on your fingers after July 18th at least.

Anet seems to plan to change the Let Loose mechanic so you no longer have to go in and out of Unleashed state.

It looks like you'll be able to just stay in Unleashed Ranger and swap weapons only to use the Ambush skills again.

Most of the time I don't think you necessarily need to micro manage the pet abilities if you're not trying to break records in DPS.

Just now, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

Most of the time I don't think you necessarily need to micro manage the pet abilities if you're not trying to break records in DPS.

I've barely been utilizing the pet abilities anyway lol. Good to know that it'll be a little simpler by this time next week.

• Sad 1

If you don't play PVP then Staff/Staff Mirage should be fairly low intensity still. It's not as powerful as if was before the June Patch.

You generate your Clones then you basically just press the Dodge button every few seconds and don't do much else other than move your character around.

It won't be the highest DPS class but it is survivable enough to kill the Legendary bounties. 

• Like 1

Vindicator revenant should do the trick.  Usually it's just be in one stance, hit the button for the persistent effect until your energy drains, and then switch to the other stance and repeat along with the occasional weapon and dodge button presses.

Also as mentioned, mechanist, bladesworn, and mirage are usually pretty low-intensity as well.  It does make me wonder if dual axe power soulbeast is still decent enough since that's also pretty low-intensity too last time I checked.

It depends on your type of content.

If you are doing things in open world, I still think you can get away with running condi shortbow and axe Ranger. It's not really hard and you can just spam bleeding until your target dies. Mechanist is also a relatively good option. Mirage S/S as well.

For group content...I guess you can always run DPS Alac Mechanist or Heal Alac Tempest. Both can provide alac and in worst case scenario, for Tempest you can just spam overload for every non water element and keep the water overload for healing.

22 hours ago, Leo G.4501 said:

People hate on Bladesworn but I thoroughly enjoy it's style. Other warrior specs are engaging and aggressive, you move around allot, dodging into enemies, Full Counter and Primal burst spamming... Very fun and satisfying.

Bladesworn feels very different but still effective. You're typically looking for a chance to pause for dragon trigger which could mean just running a distance away from the enemy to get out of their attack or breaking a break bar to give yourself some breathing room or just letting yourself get surrounded as they come to you. Then you path out your next moves using trigger guard, flicker step and either a ranged, dash or melee burst, your pick. It takes some getting used to but the results are fun in PvE.

I was playing this last night and actually really enjoyed it. Managed to unlock the whole spec with some HoT HP trains, so next time I play I get to actually try the whole spec as intended lol. It's definitely a different playstyle than I'm used to but it's in a good way. Thank you for the suggestion!

• Thanks 1