[deleted]

so let's break this down:

the current contention seems to lie with the Potential bug:

The Utility Googles utility skill presently does not consistently cleanse the vulnerability condition or the Crippled condition. Each is a Condition within the meaning of Utility Goggles skill description "Conditions Removed: 2."

the skill effect reads

Gadget. Break out of stun, gaining resistance, clearing blindness, and removing damaging conditions.

as we can see from the bold text; utility goggles will remove 2 Damaging conditions, Vunerability and cripple are NonDamaging conditions, those will instead be dealt with by the Resistance boon
Resistance does NOT cleanse conditions, it simply make the negative effect of Nondamaging conditions ineffective, if the remaining duration of the Vunerability and/or Cripple exceeds the Resistance(5s), then when Resistance exprires, those condtition will regain their effeectiveness

so i'm sorry to say, the bug is wrong

On another note, this post should probably have been posted in the engineer subforum

Edited by Parasite.5389
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1

But it's the wiki tho, it's written and maintained by players, like any other wiki. It says so right there on the first page. Who on the forums would you imagine has authority over the wiki, and where do you imagine that authority would come from . . ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, chromodynamix.2495 said:

But it cleanses Immobilized just fine, and that's a nondamaging condition.  That's the problem.  Either it should say "cleanses 2 damaging conditions" and cleanse 2 damaging conditions and no more OR it should say  "Cleanses 2 conditions" and actually cleanse 2 conditions, including nondamaging ones.

Your contention that the initial part of the description says "removing damaging conditions" means it should only remove damaging conditions conflicts with the skill descriptor part saying "Conditions Removed: 2."  That's internally inconsistent.  It's also inconsistent with the game as Immobilized is removed even though it is a nondamaging condition.

well thats your interpretation of the text, i interpret it differently, it shouldn't need to clarfy that the 2 condition removed are limited to damaging conditions when the description of the skill CLEARLY states that it removes damaging condition.

as for the immobilization, are you certain that it's being cleansed, or if the duratiuon simply shorter than 5 seconds? also if you are running the trait Purity of purpose, then Immobilization is CONVERTED to 2 extra seconds of  resistance

Edited by Parasite.5389
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Parasite.5389 said:

well thats your interpretation of the text, i interpret it differently, it shouldn't need to clarfy that the 2 condition removed are limited to damaging conditions when the description of the skill CLEARLY states that it removes damaging condition.

Not an engineer, but the fact it also cleanses Blindness does make it a little unclear? I would guess it does remove up to 3 conditions then? Or is it up to 2 including blindness?

Edited by SlayerXX.7138
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, SlayerXX.7138 said:

Not an engineer, but the fact it also cleanses Blindness does make it a little unclear? I would guess it does remove up to 3 conditions then? Or is it up to 2 including blindness?

Since it say clearing blindness and remove 2 damaging conditons then yes it removes a total of 3.

I haven't been able to quickly find a decisive answer to this in the wiki but personally I would assume that skill descriptions and skill facts should always match the ingame version exactly - otherwise you might see a divergence and be unsure whether the wiki is even up-to-date or whatnot.

As mentioned by Inculpatus cedo.9234, use the Talk page and mention the other editor so they get a notification. Even if they don't reply, in my experience wiki admins are EXTREMELY quick with noticing talk page edits and will eventually resolve that scuffle in whatever way they see fit.

Maybe as an alternative throw, other traits like Pain Response also only mention it as "Conditions Removed" and the Skill facts template simply doesn't seem to make a distinction between any type of condition or a subset of conditions - even if those conditions are individually listed like for Pain Response (although some others like Withdraw don't have that skill fact at all, but that's just consistency with ingame's inconsistency).

That being said, I just let myself get immobilized by a Mordrem Husk and Utility Goggles definitely does not remove immobilize although the long time resistance certainly allows you to ignore the effect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, SlayerXX.7138 said:

yes, it's a total of 3 conditions; Blindness is listed seperately because it's a seperate effect; the "Conditioned removed" portion will remove 2 random conditions from a list

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Endaris.1452 said:

Maybe as an alternative throw, other traits like Pain Response also only mention it as "Conditions Removed" and the Skill facts template simply doesn't seem to make a distinction between any type of condition or a subset of conditions - even if those conditions are individually listed like for Pain Response (although some others like Withdraw don't have that skill fact at all, but that's just consistency with ingame's inconsistency).

Pain Response "Dodging removes A(singular) damaging condition from you" from the list (Bleeding, Burning Confusion, Poisoned, Torment), clarifying that it will only remove one of those conditions, when you dodge, not all of them.

Withdraw: "Cure conditionS(plural), then roll backward while healing and evading attacks", will remove all listed conditions (Chilled, Crippled, Immobilize, Torment)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

Pain Response "Dodging removes A(singular) damaging condition from you" from the list (Bleeding, Burning Confusion, Poisoned, Torment), clarifying that it will only remove one of those conditions, when you dodge, not all of them.

Withdraw: "Cure conditionS(plural), then roll backward while healing and evading attacks", will remove all listed conditions (Chilled, Crippled, Immobilize, Torment)

My point being that Pain Response has a skill fact for Conditions removed and Withdraw (among others) has not. And that a skill fact for "Damaging Conditions Removed" doesn't exist in the template.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, Endaris.1452 said:

My point being that Pain Response has a skill fact for Conditions removed and Withdraw (among others) has not. And that a skill fact for "Damaging Conditions Removed" doesn't exist in the template.

prior to the June 28th balance update, Pain response previously read;

Gain regeneration and remove damaging conditions when struck while below the health threshold.

without a limit on the number of conditions removed, so they are being consistent in their skill facts

Edited by Parasite.5389
  • Like 3

Hey there, @chromodynamix.2495, I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble with editing on the wiki. 

As has been pointed out above, content on the wiki is written and maintained by players. Customer Support will not be able to help you much with this situation. I do have some suggestions for you which you may find helpful.

First, if you put something on the wiki and it gets removed, the worst choice would be to get into what we call an edit-war. No one looks good when that happens, and either that page will get protected by an admin or, in the extreme, a temporary block may be put on the responsible wiki accounts. The best choice would be to go to the respective article's talk page and explain why you believe the edit you made should stand. Another option would be to talk to the other person who's editing that page and see if the two of you can gain clarity together. Every editor has a talk page, and you can go to that page's history to see which individual may be best to approach. For this particular situation, I would suggest the article's talk page as your first go-to.

The wiki works through discussion and collaboration. There's a lot of subjectiveness to a lot of things which at first may seem straightforward. We all work together to provide the best information about the game to our fellow players, and I thank you for trying to do just that. If you could bring the discussion to the talk page, it would be greatly appreciated. If you also believe that this is a bug, I'm sure Anet would love to have that sent in as a bug report, too.

Edited by Greener.6204
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 13