Catching a tactic troll lead me to realize that.

babana.7521

WvW Tactics Activation is kinda broken.
Yesterday I disabled public tactic in our EBG keep because they are getting troll non-stop. To my surprise, this tactic troll managed to enabled it and pull the tactic. I am standing in our keep, carefree since I already disabled public tactic but it got pulled anyway. 

Either the tactic troll is hacking or it is this explanation: 

Scenario #2
When players of same guild are on the same map while one of them disabled public tactics, when one of the guild member left that map, public tactic will be enable even thou the person who disabled it is still on the map.

Therefore if it is scenario #2 
Can ArenaMet please make this tiny changes, only enable public tactic when all member of that guild holding the structure has left the map. Thank you very much.

Edited by babana.7521
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

• babana.7521 changed the title to Catching a tactic troll lead me to realize that.

Are you saying that you didn't see the person pull the tactic, didn't really "catch" this happening?  If this person is in your own guild, that sounds more like an internal guild issue you should be working out.

Edited by Chaba.5410

7 hours ago, babana.7521 said:

only enable public tactic when all member of that guild holding the structure has left the map.

This sounds terrible.  What if the person who disabled the public tactivator access purposely stays on the map and doesn't activate the tactics at all to troll everyone?

(I'm still trying to figure out what this is supposed to exactly solve.  Solution looking for a problem?)

Edited by Chaba.5410

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Are you saying that you didn't see the person pull the tactic, didn't really "catch" this happening?  If this person is in your own guild, that sounds more like an internal guild issue you should be working out.

I caught the troll, I had him on video. it's a low level account, I am assuming it's an alt. hence scenario #2

Edited by babana.7521

21 minutes ago, babana.7521 said:

I caught the troll, I had him on video. it's a low level account, I am assuming it's an alt. hence scenario #2

And he's in your guild?  You wrote something about being in the same guild and I'm not really understanding why.

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

And he's in your guild?  You wrote something about being in the same guild and I'm not really understanding why.

no, not in my guild. 

I thought of the second scenario because our squad had just tagged down, most guild mates have logged, one or two were still on the map (blue dots) when I climbed onto the dome to stakeout, when the tactic was trolled, the dots were gone. That's why I thought maybe when guild mate left the map, it trigger the game to re-activated it even thou another guild member still there.

Edited by babana.7521

Tactics really do need a functional rework.

• We often get people who pull blue EBG keep waypoint tactic which is within interact range of the supply depot, all tactics should not be next to objects, walls or usable NPCs.
  • Tactics need a prompt when pulled to confirm their use.
  • The game needs to put up a message in big letters "X(player) has pulled/used X(tactic) at X(location)" across the screen or in-game chat.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, deajae.4319 said:

The game needs to put up a message in big letters "X(player) has pulled/used X(tactic) at X(location)" across the screen or in-game chat.

This would definitely cause a lot of flaming in chat from the people who already get mad when they think a pull was mistimed... and not really solve anything

On 7/14/2023 at 2:40 PM, deajae.4319 said:

• We often get people who pull blue EBG keep waypoint tactic which is within interact range of the supply depot, all tactics should not be next to objects, walls or usable NPCs.
  • The game needs to put up a message in big letters "X(player) has pulled/used X(tactic) at X(location)" across the screen or in-game chat.

Also maybe is best if player under 200 levels cant pull them..

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/14/2023 at 3:25 PM, Me Kill You.9035 said:

This would definitely cause a lot of flaming in chat from the people who already get mad when they think a pull was mistimed... and not really solve anything

On the other hand it would be handy to have a more prominent announcement that an EWP has been pulled.  On the other hand if you only give such an announcement the second and subsequent times in a given time interval you could identify the players that are continually pulling tactics.

• Sad 1

Announcing whoever did it doesnt  do anything. People who do that want the attention.

The only real solution is to have whitelist and blacklist but not really sure if this game can handle that and may result in issues if nobody approved is on.

Regardless. allowing guilds custom restrictions would help a lot. 

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

On 7/13/2023 at 2:32 PM, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Scenario #2 is correct;  permissions have been a horrible joke since forever.

Which means business as usual.

Yep. I've repeatedly reported this as a bug to Anet, and they don't care. Our bugs are considered "features" in their eyes.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/14/2023 at 1:40 PM, deajae.4319 said:

While I agree, people would have a fun time with point 3.

Giving people the ability to global put messages while people probably would not be able to rightclick report. 

Thinking about it, let's do it. 

On 7/14/2023 at 7:40 AM, deajae.4319 said:

They could disable tactics if the objective is not contested.

I like the confirmation prompt idea.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, babana.7521 said:

No to prompt, Imaging when you run inside your keep  trying to pull emergency waypoint, when enemy zerg already breached and are sure to kill you, especially SMC, you want prompt to confirm tactic pull?? THATS A SURE DEATH. 

That's what we call a "Hot EWP"... people simply announce that it's hot when they pull or right before they pull.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/14/2023 at 7:40 PM, deajae.4319 said:

@Bristingr.5034 Was talking about this suggestion for a prompt to confirm use. the suggestion is trying to murder the legitimate tactic puller who is actually trying to help.

imagine this
Commander: pull the tactic!!!! now!!!  
Scout: I pulled it, a window pops up for confirmation, I died before clicking yes.

Edited by babana.7521
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1