If Cata got another buff next week what would you do😂

Yerlock.4678

For what it's worth I don't actually see many catalysts in unranked, it's actually the same few over and over again. I think by and large the community has accepted that it's so grossly OP that it's just not fun to play as or against. The remaining few are either using it because ele is their vibe, or because they know it's OP and want to have as much time on it as possible before it inevitably gets nerfed, which may very well be years from now.

The one true silver lining in all of this, CMC has brought all types of pvpers together for the first time in ages.

We may hate each other but we all agree Cata is OP!

Edited by Waffles.5632
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Vinny.7260 said:

I'd hope the community eventually gets bored and just refuse to play Catalyst. I'd love to see what that looks like from their reporting end, overpowered elite specialization getting ~0% play after being buffed further.

It'skinda happening, only g1 tryhards and sweaty duos are playing in rn, i've seen matches with high rated ppl with 0 catas

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

It'skinda happening, only g1 tryhards and sweaty duos are playing in rn, i've seen matches with high rated ppl with 0 catas

u have no idea how toxic the community is if you think people will avoid an overpowered spec lmao. bro..people PAY FOR GIZMOS AND RANK!

• Like 2

I'll go do my dailies in wvw and open world. Its gonna be horrible, but it is what it is. Today, in the morning, off hours, there were 3 catas in my unranked conquest game. What is the point of playing unranked, when even off-hours are filled with this garbage?

Thankfully the only good cata I fight in the morning wasn't one of them, and so the game was won (I was on the team with 1 cata, so clearly we were handicapped). That's the thing though, the cata player doesn't have to be that good... they just have to spam buttons - have 2 of them on the same team and your average unranked player just dies in the aoes instead of going to another node.

Edited by Hotride.2187

4 hours ago, Vinny.7260 said:

I'd hope the community eventually gets bored and just refuse to play Catalyst. I'd love to see what that looks like from their reporting end, overpowered elite specialization getting ~0% play after being buffed further.

This is unironically what is kind of happening. The condi version at least is a very dumb build to play as. You basically 111111 *Do combo piano rotation while kiting* 111111 *Do combo piano rotation while kiting* 11111111111. Buttonmashiest spec I've ever tried. Plus it's so cracked that people view playing it as dev-sanctioned cheating. There is no glory in winning as it, and it isn't fun to play. The only upside to it is it's SSS++ untouchable God tier broken, but it's not actually a "good" build.

Result is you do get quite a few games where everyone refuses to play it.

Edited by Master Ketsu.4569