Suggestion: Prevent blocked players from joining your squad

I've had a few run-ins with rude and insulting players that after getting kicked from my squad have no issue joining again to disrupt the squad chat and ruin the game for everyone else. It feels like a major oversight to let players on your block list join a squad that you're commanding.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

or even seeing your tag. We should be completely invisible to blocked players IMO.

Being visible to blocked players doesn't disrupt gameplay, at least not mine, but them being able to join your squad as many times as they want with no limits, despite being kicked multiple times in a few seconds seems off. Even just a cooldown timer on joining if you've been kicked would help a lot, but currently there are no limitations or consequences so it's wide open to griefing and abuse. I'm not asking for all blocked players to be tossed in the oubliette, just a way for commanders to prevent blocked players from joining their squads.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, TDN Darkholme.8052 said:

Being visible to blocked players doesn't disrupt gameplay, at least not mine

In WvW, non-squadded players that shadow your on-discord-organized squad can mess up strategic positioning and tactical invisibility invisibility, to troll you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, babana.7521 said:

Make your squad private.... ?!?

Dont matter as it only hides you on map they can still join your lfg.

But OP would  this count everyone in the squad?

What if a pug had your friend that was late to the party blocked so they cant join, how would you know who to kick?

Would you start over the whole squad?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

In WvW, non-squadded players that shadow your on-discord-organized squad can mess up strategic positioning and tactical invisibility invisibility, to troll you.

The tag can be invisible. The only way invisible to blocked players would work would be for every member of your squad to block every pug trailing the squad....which seems like a problem to me.

(hmmm , should i tell them that we spent resources everywhere else ? Or they have a Dicorce server/guild/friend option that fixes this issue ?)

I would aggree with you , and we can improve it  by having the group invisble(cannot see) from the start if you don't meet the criteria (not enought LI / gearscore / DwD tittles ) , but in the other hand i simply ask for a tiny thing .... an official dps addon that can be used in CM (raid-strikes) only , and any external is bannable .

edit: or 2nd option,  you need to push a button that gives your LFG listing a "[selling nametag]" to have an official option to sell instances , but if you dont push it you get banned and from the start it inviisible to any people , until he pushed a button  . The default option when pushed to create a group , will automatically put the "[Group Content nametag]

You will have complete control over your group , and essentially you will exist into you own   world , like the high-end lfg in WoW

Or with the 2nd option we hurt people that boycot new tenchologies to make money (no easy mode for Raids) that we will have in the future

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

But OP would  this count everyone in the squad?

What if a pug had your friend that was late to the party blocked so they cant join, how would you know who to kick?

Would you start over the whole squad?

Not sure what you mean tbh

18 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

What's with the rude tone and all the random assumptions? If a player joins a public farmtrain I'm commanding just to troll and start arguments I want the ability to keep them out instead of them being able to rejoin whenever they like, despite being kicked multiple times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, TDN Darkholme.8052 said:

Not sure what you mean tbh

What's with the rude tone and all the random assumptions? If a player joins a public farmtrain I'm commanding just to troll and start arguments I want the ability to keep them out instead of them being able to rejoin whenever they like, despite being kicked multiple times.

You start a squad person a and b join then 6 more people your a total of 9.

Your friend gets online late and wants to get into squad but cant since person b have them blocked.

How will you fix this?

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

You start a squad person a and b join then 6 more people your a total of 9.

Your friend gets online late and wants to get into squad but cant since person b have them blocked.

How will you fix this?

The original suggestion was only for squad leader's blocklist to apply, so this issue would never arise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I see the problem but I'm not sure I see a good solution. The problem with the blocklist is that a lot of ppls tend to block other ppls for some pretty silly reasons, and I don't want to sit in strike squad for an extra twenty minutes waiting for it to fill bc comm has blocked everyone who has ever killed them in wvw, for example. The cooldown seems like a better idea but the problem there is I've also seen comms kick ppl accidentally, and then ofc you have troll merge situations where the comm suddenly has to kick half the squad . . 

The best solution I can think of is for this to be reportable behavior that would result in some sort of consequence for prolonged offenses . . .

• Confused 1