We have same matchup 3rd week in a row !

Radagast.6271

5 minutes ago, Radagast.6271 said:

I dont understand why UW, DL and ER has same matchups 3rd week in a row and same colours. It just cant be like that. Is matchup system bugged for EU ?

NA here but, it sounds like there has been a tie in the tier above blocking a server from dropping down which would allow one to move up. The tie mechanism only looks at Warscore and doesn't have a tie breaking mechanic. Hope that helps for definition sakes at least.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Radagast.6271 said:

I dont understand why UW, DL and ER has same matchups 3rd week in a row and same colours. It just cant be like that. Is matchup system bugged for EU ?

it a tie in t4, ergo nobody of t5 can rise or drop, so your t5 matchup is even more stuck than it normally is

problem is from UW point of view, we have noone to fight in T5. a couple of days ago we went to every border and capped every single thing. its beyond boring at this point and cant be fun for DL and ER either getting their kitten kicked in as soon as they have some ppl to cap stuff, UW come steamrolling with 40+ blobs for content

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Pengu.7481 said:

problem is from UW point of view, we have noone to fight in T5. a couple of days ago we went to every border and capped every single thing. its beyond boring at this point and cant be fun for DL and ER either getting their kitten kicked in as soon as they have some ppl to cap stuff, UW come steamrolling with 40+ blobs for content

Just a tip: A lot of people don't WANT to fight you due to the playstyle of certain guilds. It's just unfun, especially with the 4v1 ganking groups throwing siege on opponents.

Apart from that, we just don't have the numbers if it's not prime time. Elona is practically dead after 10 pm. And even for this reset we were only able to fill up 2 maps.

Edited by ZenDrake.8316
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am mostly a PVE player but come also to WvW because of some rewards like gift of battle.  So my experience in WvW is limited but I want to give a short comment too.  My server is Miller's Sound that is linked to Elona Reach so I am part of the 2 outnumbered servers in EU T5. 

I have never seen such imbalance in a game. Sometimes all WvW maps are 99% green (Underworld).

Just one example: If I want to take a camp (next to our spawn point) it can happen frequently that I have not only NPC opponents but 4-5 green human players as well. So I have to say that this experience is not much fun. It will in no way attract more players to the WvW game mode.

It would be wise for ArenaNet to improve their algorithm to get better balanced matchups.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pengu.7481 said:

Not using exploits on the desert map to port into t3 keeps would be a start to make it less annoying. Especially when you're already massively outnumbering both servers. There's a thief on your server that does this for hours. Oh, and not using hacks. Like the Ele that ported away while in downstate (not mistform, he literally vanished) and returned with full health.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solene.3067 said:

It would be wise for ArenaNet to improve their algorithm to get better balanced matchups

your situation has about nothing to do with algorithm or match ups

There was a beta, the tiers were randomly assigned afterwards. You got in a situation where the 2 last servers above are not able to win against each other, for particular reasons (for example, the fact that French servers have much less activity during day time in summer, which means their ppt is not up to par to what they have to face). Which means that the current system's way of balancing teams -tiers- is not functionning properly as it should.

The only "algorithm" you have in there is the world linking, and at this point it's pretty much proven they are deciding on it manually. And honestly, who can blame Anet on that ? you have 15 teams to make and oddly 27 servers to make them with. You don't make a complex Lego construction with duplo pieces. 

Edited by latlat.4516

2 hours ago, ZenDrake.8316 said:

Just a tip: A lot of people don't WANT to fight you due to the playstyle of certain guilds. It's just unfun, especially with the 4v1 ganking groups throwing siege on opponents.

Apart from that, we just don't have the numbers if it's not prime time. Elona is practically dead after 10 pm. And even for this reset we were only able to fill up 2 maps.

cant talk about toxic ppl since i dont see that happening too often, i usually roam by myself, but i know from experience the bm'ing happens on all servers.

1 hour ago, Solene.3067 said:

I am mostly a PVE player but come also to WvW because of some rewards like gift of battle.  So my experience in WvW is limited but I want to give a short comment too.  My server is Miller's Sound that is linked to Elona Reach so I am part of the 2 outnumbered servers in EU T5. 

I have never seen such imbalance in a game. Sometimes all WvW maps are 99% green (Underworld).

Just one example: If I want to take a camp (next to our spawn point) it can happen frequently that I have not only NPC opponents but 4-5 green human players as well. So I have to say that this experience is not much fun. It will in no way attract more players to the WvW game mode.

It would be wise for ArenaNet to improve their algorithm to get better balanced matchups.

yea thats the problem, we have been so starved for content and ppl to fight that any camp or promise of a fight get swarmed with 10+ ppl, which just makes the situation even worse since noone want to fight kitten like that . completely understandable. we dont want to be in T5 just as much as u guys dont want to fight us.

17 minutes ago, Xenon Z.6015 said:

Not using exploits on the desert map to port into t3 keeps would be a start to make it less annoying. Especially when you're already massively outnumbering both servers. There's a thief on your server that does this for hours. Oh, and not using hacks. Like the Ele that ported away while in downstate (not mistform, he literally vanished) and returned with full health.

again i cant talk about ppl doing exploits since im not one of them, i know from experience tho that it happens on every server 

Edited by Pengu.7481
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Langeball.9351 said:

Here's a question, how is UW t5 these days. It was like t1 before the beta week.

Because Anet, in their unfathomable wisdom, decided - not for the first time - to reshuffle all matches after the beta. And they put both UW and FOW which during a normal 2-month WvW period would be in T1 by now or competing for it, in tier 5.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ZenDrake.8316 said:

The biggest joke is that on UW or Vaabi there are a few who fill Enja with salty messages, because they gank back with outnumbered buff. Emphasis on OUTNUMBERED.  I was allowed to see some of the messages themselves, what they get and that just shows again that it has so some disturbed folk in the game. DL doesn't even have a link and they complain about being ganked, imagine.  The whole Matchup is a Gank towards DL and ER c'mon xD

But yeah big fail to have the same enemies in 3 weeks.

PS: Enja you are doing great keep up. The real roamers know that you guys are unbelievable kind persons which have skill . In addition, respect that you have chosen a national server, which is known to have more casual peoples. Not every guild does that. ❤️

• Like 1