[Suggestion] Instead of revert the qscrapper change, make gyros blast finishers with Kinetic Acceleration.

Luche Lenardon.4951

As title says.

It's the general consensus now that the main argument of old vs new qscrapper is due to how the update trade the smooth speedy feeling of scrapper for more DPS. While I myself find the old one more to my liking, I can't deny I do love both version of it. So instead of choosing one or another, we just keep both by making all Gyros blast finishers. Since every gyro (except Shredder) are already combo field, it will give people who run the old LI build the old version feeling. The vet who want to push more dmg can still go with the current build with more dps but harder rotations as well.

• Like 1

Although this is not a bad idea, I think the proposal of adding whirl finishers is better, then you just go with hammer 2 and shredder gyro and you get all the quickness you'll ever need. And if Anet thinks that's a buff, they could instead replace leap finishers with whirl finishers. So they keep the 2 finisher restriction and they avoid those awkward situations people are talking about where you need to leap out of position to apply quickness.

Making all gyros into blast finishers will  allow people to spam blasts to get more effects than just perma quickness, multiple AoE condi cleanses, instant 25 might stacks to a group, instand swiftness cap, crazy healing with all those blasts into healing gyro field. And I don't think Anet will let that pass. 

So I reckon just replacing leap finishers with whirl finishers with the current system will solve the issue. 

Edited by jason.1083

17 minutes ago, jason.1083 said:

Although this is not a bad idea, I think the proposal of adding whirl finishers is better, then you just go with hammer 2 and shredder gyro and you get all the quickness you'll ever need. And if Anet thinks that's a buff, they could instead replace leap finishers with whirl finishers. So they keep the 2 finisher restriction and they avoid those awkward situations people are talking about where you need to leap out of position to apply quickness.

Making all gyros into blast finishers will  allow people to spam blasts to get more effects than just perma quickness, multiple AoE condi cleanses, instant 25 might stacks to a group, instand swiftness cap, crazy healing with all those blasts into healing gyro field. And I don't think Anet will let that pass. 

So I reckon just replacing leap finishers with whirl finishers with the current system will solve the issue. 

I feel replacing Leap with Whirl will also incur the same set of problem in different way. Now instead of able to use other weapon set and utilities, you'll be locked to Hammer and Shredder Gyro in every quick build. Engi just doesn't have many whirls to give variety of choice.

Adding more choice to the finisher we could use tho feel legit since engi players love using the right tool at the right place and time. By adding more blast into gyro it means we got more choice instead of changing the 2 choice of leap > choice of whirl.

Well, whirl is definitely better than leap, especially if every trigger gives quickness, you could keep up 100% quickness uptime just from shredder gyro, and then you can focus on anything else with the rest of the skills/traits. 

And the way I see it, Anet won't let all gyros being blast finishers pass, it's just too much potential. 

Edited by jason.1083

Wouldn't the amount of blast be the same tho?  number of Blast finishers in current quick scrapper build, compare to the pre-patch build with gyro (if you count as if gyro having blast finisher) is pretty much the same. You'll be swapping out Healing Turret > Medic Gyro, and Throw mine > Shredder, heck even quick duration gonna get a tad lower too, but it give back more super speed coverage and finishers with less clunky animation, giving back the smoothness feel of the old one in trade of damage and boon duration.

Well, yeah you can have a lot of blasts now as well, it's just that giving that finisher to all the gyros, something that scrapper already buffs them like crazy, and granted all the blasts will give their normal finisher output + up to 6 seconds of quickness each on top of the effects those gyros provide, it will basically be like a big boon/condi cleanse/healing bomb to a whole party just from 1 player. 

That's definitely not gonna make it's way into the game. 

Edited by jason.1083