Lootbags for decorators?

Ya know... i kind of jokingly thought this one day when thinking about the updates to WvW and giving healers (and everyone) better rewards for playing.

What if... decorators got a similar update for decorating! As it stands you get absolutely nothing but a gold sink and huge time waste when you could be making gold in other parts of the game but here you only get fulfillment and joy, 2 currencies that can't really be used anywhere. 😄 

Now image if they added a way to actually get gold from decorating, for instance... for true decorators that spend hundreds of hours in the guild hall making decos and placing them, thinking up fun ways to decorate for the holidays, festivals or making little home areas for themselves and guildies, What if once a minute you got a loot bag from placing decs??? 😄  People that aren't patient won't waste their time standing in the hall to get a mere 60 bags in 1 hour having to place a dec once a minute, but for those of us actually doing stuff in the hall we wouldn't actually be focused on that. (obviously it wouldn't have to be exactly once a minute - or even that method, just brainstorming giving an example)

Now why bother you say - well people decorating in the hall are people playing GW2! and not logging off to go play other games that you can decorate in or do other things. It's another reason to try and keep you playing their game. The longer you're on the more likely it is you'll spend money in their gem store or what ever that reasoning is, ((and blah blah blah corporate greed stuff.)) but keeping people interested in the game i think is important.

Just a fun idea i had and though i'd share. 😄

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

26 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I’m not going to lie to you, for better or worse in 11 years, this is a genuinely new suggestion.

You get one of these:

New but still bad, mostly for the exploitability.
I'd rather have resources spent on something else.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/16/2023 at 4:32 PM, Linken.6345 said:

I can see it now loot bag farming bots afk in guild halls were noone but the occasional GM can see them.

Great idea OP

how do you afk decorating though? you can't just stand there and let you're minions decorate for you. 😄

On 7/16/2023 at 5:28 PM, Omega.6801 said:

New but still bad, mostly for the exploitability.
I'd rather have resources spent on something else.

how? you physically have to be there placing down decorations. you can't just sit afk in guildhall forever.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 2

I agree there should be a better path (less of a gold sink) for scribing guild hall decorations and even things like hero banners.  Last I looked it cost about 7g to make ONE hero banner or you can waste your guild commendations on them. 

I cannot fathom the cost of making each decoration for a guild hall let alone the time and creativity that goes into the intricate decorations that are made and created.  Looking at some of the recipe trees for decorations is mind boggling the amount of materials that go into one single decoration.  I have been to many guild halls that are decorated for each holiday or festival while others are just there for convenient travel and nodes.  

It would be nice to see some changes/updates to how decorations are made and materials attained.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Booey Bubblehead.4890 said:

I agree there should be a better path (less of a gold sink) for scribing guild hall decorations and even things like hero banners.  Last I looked it cost about 7g to make ONE hero banner or you can waste your guild commendations on them. 

I cannot fathom the cost of making each decoration for a guild hall let alone the time and creativity that goes into the intricate decorations that are made and created.  Looking at some of the recipe trees for decorations is mind boggling the amount of materials that go into one single decoration.  I have been to many guild halls that are decorated for each holiday or festival while others are just there for convenient travel and nodes.  

It would be nice to see some changes/updates to how decorations are made and materials attained.

It is 4.41g even if you are using the sell prices.

In theory all the guild crafting stuff  should be pooled from all the guild members but unfortunately the entire guild hall system is just a minimum viable product. The most you can do now is have people toss stuff into the guild bank but if you do that now you have to deal with the mess that is guild ranks(roles would be much better).

I WANT BACK PAY.    LOL   I have three  guild halls  that I have put about 5000 gold into  each  scribing and decorating and a fourth I am working on now.  15,000G  for the fun of decorating? you have to really enjoy it  because that is pretty much all you get. except an occasional "WOW"  from a fellow guild member.  Since Guild halls seem to be used less and less every day  that doesn't happen much either.  Deco rewards would be nice  but also something to draw people back into using the guild hall.   for instance maybe move PVP to the guild halls. or GVG.   In the hall not just the areana

Edited by Navoe.4283
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Does crafting give EXP still at 80? Never payed attention to it~ otherwise you'd slowly get spirit shards as reward so you'd already be getting something ;o

like how Fallout 76 gives you EXP every time you create and place a camp object...

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Haha 1

For me, I wish they would come up with a way to attract guild members or the public to visit the Guild Halls more often. Make it easier to invite the public to visit your Hall without the need to join your guild or the need for you to be present in your GH for your party to go in. Some improvements in the decorating mechanics would be great too,  like giving us an option to reset last action, example, to put back the accidental removal of a difficult to place decoration. Also, let us have a way to see how many decorations we have placed in the Hall for better planning and decor 'rationing'.

Edited by Min Min.9368
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Navoe.4283 said:

Deco rewards would be nice  but also something to draw people back into using the guild hall.   for instance maybe move PVP to the guild halls. or GVG.   In the hall not just the areana

I like this idea of having matches in your guild hall, like an optional rotation pool.  (cut screen - fade to black - text appears) Now entering <guild name goes here>'s guild hall and then placed in a guild hall pvp area. You could see there decorations around the arena but the playable area would be the same layout (hall based). I also thought of something like this for player made pvp arenas. I think GTA had something like this with player made race tracks that you could search through in an lfg like system. This kinda thing would be great for player made roller beetle tracks. Players could enter tracks into a voting system, ride them, test them, vote on them, then top # could get selected for the next month for matches and races. Kind of a mix of decorating and player creativity.

Player created end game content outside the box kind of thinking that might even be used for more then i'm thinking about. Like how soccer can be played in the pvp area in guild halls currently. 2 teams. 1 person stands afk as the ball. then the 2 teams use knock backs, pulls, push, fear skills to knock the afk player/ ball into their goal!!! This kind of outside the box thinking is wonderful!

Edited by Kelly.7019

48 minutes ago, Min Min.9368 said:

For me, I wish they would come up with a way to attract guild members or the public to visit the Guild Halls more often. Make it easier to invite the public to visit your Hall without the need to join your guild or the need for you to be present in your GH for your party to go in. Some improvements in the decorating mechanics would be great too,  like giving us an option to reset last action, example, to put back the accidental removal of a difficult to place decoration. Also, let us see have a way to see how many decorations we have placed in the Hall for better planning and decor 'rationing'.

ESO has something like this though visiting other peoples homes is tied to your friends list/ guild list. They don't even have to be online, nor do you have to be grouped with them for you to visit their house. It's a wonderful idea I wish gw2 would incorporate. Having to be in a party really cuts down on that freedom and more outside the game coordinated efforts/ discord communities could benefit from this.

Obviously i'd hope (though it won't happen) a home system and not guild system would / should do this. (plus the whole idea of a home system is basically expanding upon the decorate your toon idea).

Every now and then i list lfg's for people to visit but #1 where exactly will curious minds look and #2 people probs are looking for metas when i post in squad channels. Though i have had about 1 person come visit everytime i've listed. 😄

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Haha 1

Now i dont agree with the suggestion. I do however agree that decorating is only a gold sink and nothing more. 

Some achievements for crafting or donating decorations to the guild. Maybe repeatable after a while. Yes that would be better that only placing deco's because that is, like others said, exploitable.

• Confused 1

I think that can exist now it's called "Donate to your guildmate that spends time making the decor." 

People do HP Trains and don't get gold for it magically in game - people tip them for their time.

Just, y'know, have guildies that tip you if you really need to?

Seems just awkward and weird to implement. Also just feels like a joke but somehow I feel like you're not joking.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Kelly.7019 said:

ESO has something like this though visiting other peoples homes is tied to your friends list/ guild list. They don't even have to be online, nor do you have to be grouped with them for you to visit their house. It's a wonderful idea I wish gw2 would incorporate. Having to be in a party really cuts down on that freedom and more outside the game coordinated efforts/ discord communities could benefit from this.

Obviously i'd hope (though it won't happen) a home system and not guild system would / should do this. (plus the whole idea of a home system is basically expanding upon the decorate your toon idea).

Every now and then i list lfg's for people to visit but #1 where exactly will curious minds look and #2 people probs are looking for metas when i post in squad channels. Though i have had about 1 person come visit everytime i've listed. 😄

Oh you too listed your GH in lfg? I only recently did that and like i mentioned in the other topic, I only got one to visit after 3 days of listing. And I believe that person has visited my Hall before because she was very calm and quiet lol. Anyway I listed my group in the Guild Plaza. But not going to do that anymore, a waste of time and super boring too.

Edited by Min Min.9368
  • Confused 1

i had 3 people join my "come visit my guild hall" group today and then immediately bail after i said hello to them. How Rude! 😄

Apparently many gw2 players don't read before joining groups 😞 😄 😞

Edited by Kelly.7019

On 7/21/2023 at 1:00 PM, Kelly.7019 said:

i had 3 people join my "come visit my guild hall" group today and then immediately bail after i said hello to them. How Rude! 😄

Apparently many gw2 players don't read before joining groups 😞 😄 😞

By the way, Kelly where do you list your GH open house in LFG? Which section? Don't mind my asking. I put mine under Guild Recruitment > Guild Plaza. Bad business.

You want to be rewarded for queuing and placing items that other people in your guild have supplied the mats for and that nobody outside your guild can see? That's quite the ponzi scheme. It's on a par with TP flippers asking for lootbags for their time- they're playing the game after all...

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2023 at 7:06 AM, Funky.4861 said:

You want to be rewarded for queuing and placing items that other people in your guild have supplied the mats for and that nobody outside your guild can see? That's quite the ponzi scheme. It's on a par with TP flippers asking for lootbags for their time- they're playing the game after all...

not que'ing no, only placing. Hey if anet changes the rules- why not, its about keeping people interested in playing your game.

Off the top of my head Just about every other aspect of the game has a way of making money/currency with it except this.

Now true i didn't consider other people who didn't create the decs (cause i made 99% of mine) but that's part of the system, and i highly doubt anyone who isn't a hardcore decorator would bother with this like i said in the OP.

Also notice i didn't say scribe, i said decorator 🙂 but yea w/e

On 7/23/2023 at 4:27 AM, Min Min.9368 said:

By the way, Kelly where do you list your GH open house in LFG? Which section? Don't mind my asking. I put mine under Guild Recruitment > Guild Plaza. Bad business.

usually just in central tyria party or squad, cause ya know its 4 the people!

Edited by Kelly.7019