Mechanist for solo OW champs/legendaries?

Antrix.4512

Greetings to engineers 🙂

I recently decided to take a break from my main and play a bit with my other characters, including the Engineer, who has been gathering dust all this time. My Mesmer went into fractals (too boring in OW, although still on top), and the device and explosives master seemed like an interesting option to me.

As far as I remember (probably a lot has changed over the past year), Mechanists were almost gods in solo against champions and legendaries. Today in the evening I tried Lord Hizen's build (from the latest video), thankfully all the Celestial gear was inherited from the boost to level 80, quickly collected CP for the spec, bought the necessary stuff and went to test on champions. In general, Mech often does not survive even up to half of the HP of the enemy. I tested on Vampire and Coztic from Verdant Brink. Yes, the lack of experience playing as an engineer is definitely noticeable, but I watch the videos (even relatively not old ones, before the last patch) - Mech is invincible, even legendaries do not knock off half of his HP, and I do not know how to heal my own 😁

Somehow everything turned upside down... everything that should be invincible (logically) has become quite frail, and what should be frail - began to sweep everything in its path (I'm talking about my Thief Cele DE, with which I calmly solo with the help of three buttons removing Bandit Executioners as crumbs from the dinner table, although I know that ANet will fix this soon). Comrades engineers, what do you say? How to maintain the Mech? Or this spec isn't viable currently in solo?

The mech is inherently overpowered in the way that as a pet it may ignore many enemy mechanics. Whether it receives this pet-perk or not is largely dependent on what you're fighting and I would think that on weaker enemies like the ones you tried, it just doesn't benefit from just being immune to nearly everything.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hizen build didnt get changed so this build is still viable.

Now on the matter of how to keep your mech alive, this is just micro managing. With Celestial gear your mech is relatively tanky and wont get destroyed by boss unlike full berserker mechanist but you still have micromanage its positioning so it doesnt stand in an aoe or use healing turret (I think it is what he runs) to heal your mech. Also dont be afraid to use your shift signet and your F2 to cleanse if need be. 

• Like 1