regarding dungeon paths

i am sure ill get negative  comments and a bunch of toughs confused smiley faces lol. if you are ones of the people that like to skip things thats fine but if you see come on in. on lfg please do not join my party. i am there for fun and loot. this isnt 10 years ago were everyone dies every few seconds or takes forever to kill everything. most of the time people are cool with that. however todays been rough had to quit my own partys . youl save your self and my time

• Like 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

I am not entirely sure if you are a veteran speed runner that is discouraging newbies or a newbie that is tolerant and wants to explore (I think the latter...) ... Regardless, if you articulate your requirements in LFG, there shouldn't be any disappointments or need for anyone to quit... As owner of the group, it's up to you to clearly set the parameters for joining... The likelihood of anyone associating a forum post with your LFG posting is pretty close to zero....

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

It's a good idea to clearly say exactly what you want to do in an LFG message, you can't assume anyone joining will just now how you like to do dungeons or will expect the same thing.

Especially when it comes to skipping, because a lot of people will have been taught that's how everyone always does dungeons, no one fights all the enemies and they'll be kicked from groups if they don't know the skips and do them quickly enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My personal experience with the EU LFG for Dungeons:
LFG descriptions for dungeons are mostly ignored. Most speedrunners understand the terms, but they do not care. Training/Teaching new players the mechanics is nearly impossible nowadays. Any requests to slow down are ignored and usually lead to even more DPS and even more ignorance. I had a couple of "chilled runs", where people insisted to have both Quickness and Alacrity for a story-dungeon.

If you say in your LFG that you watch cutscenes, the speedrunners just join your group and kill stuff while your watch your cutscenes. They do not kick you out of your own group for watching the cutscenes, which is probably their way of interpreting the LFG description.

If you have new players around and try to teach them the most basic combat mechanics, stuff like crowd-control or how healing/buffing works (= the holy stack meta), everything is dead before you have even finished your first sentence. A few weeks ago I had an argument with a player who told me that "chill run" means speedclear without cutscenes. 

If I want to teach new players, I usually go there alone or with one friend. This is quite challenging, because I have to keep a fragile player alive, explain mechanics and still make it through the path.

LFG is for farming.

• Thanks 2

That's why I said it's a good idea to clearly say exactly what you want. If you know ambiguous terms like "chill" are frequently misinterpreted or have multiple different means then it's not a clear description.

If I want to do it slowly and follow the story I'll write something like "Path 2 - slow run, no skips, watching cut scenes and dialogue" and talk to people joining before we start to make sure they understand, and to find out if it's their first time doing it.

• Like 2

I've found that it takes two ppls to communicate, and just bc you make a clear lfg and try to get ppls on the same page before you start that's no guarantee the ppls who join your lfg will have the same intentions. I don't think there's an answer other than dropping and relisting, but I share op's frustration . . .

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Ive done ~10 random dungeon paths this week for fun, lfg requirements were always respected. True most were speedruns but a few were "story, watch cutscenes" and players were patiently waiting for those watching them. 

Yeah thats not always the case, have seen clashes in expectations but usually it works out. But be very clear with lfg desciption.