If They Barely Nerf Cata Again Tomorrow

Yerlock.4678

Surprise conjured weapons rework, each weapon now has an aura skill, flame axe now does massive burns, lightning hammer has perma shocking aura, magnetic shield is restored to unnerfed versions.
Conjurer trait now makes casting a conjured weapon a stunbreak and they all grant auras depending on attunement.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Its honestly going to end up with Ele players being horribly demonised for playing the profession.

It's already came to that.

Playing Ele and definitely stacking Ele is considered a skanky thing to do NA ATs.

I can't tell you how many times a final round of an AT begins with two teams discussing: "We won't play Cata if you don't play Cata", usually resulting in one team tricking the other team into not playing Cata and then they all log into 3 to 5 Catas right before the match starts, and then the other team has to all log out and log back in as Catas to be able to keep up with it.

It's just gotten to be overly unfun man.

CMC needs to hotfix this and make it right.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Its honestly going to end up with Ele players being horribly demonised for playing the profession.

If anyone playing cata in PvP has any complaints, I'm already needlessly agressive and condescending towards them. "Shut up you are playing cata," is an argument that refutes everything.

Also just yesterday I tried insulting others by calling them ele mains. It worked. 😄

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

If anyone playing cata in PvP has any complaints, I'm already needlessly agressive and condescending towards them. "Shut up you are playing cata," is an argument that refutes everything.

Also just yesterday I tried insulting others by calling them ele mains. It worked. 😄

*Profane insults full of vulgar*

> Oh yeah? Well you're an Elementalist Main! 😠

*Rages, spontaneously combusting and logging off*

> Ha- swapped to Fire.

Playing full signet cata is considered straight dishonor in pvp at this point and it's crazy it has even gotten here. I cheer and make sure every player knows they're appreciated when I see the match up and no one is playing ele.

If they buff it, then man idk lol. PvP will be even more of a meme. 🤡

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

Did the same thing in SPVP the other day when a Cata complained about Gunflame being OP.

Think I responded something like: "My brother in christ, you are playing cata".

Think the main fun part thats come from this is that you can quickly identify the sane players in any group.
Its like the ele issue is an IQ check, and thats coming from the unga bunga, rifle go brrt, warrior main.

Edited by WingSwipe.3084
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, apharma.3741 said:

Surprise conjured weapons rework, each weapon now has an aura skill, flame axe now does massive burns, lightning hammer has perma shocking aura, magnetic shield is restored to unnerfed versions.
Conjurer trait now makes casting a conjured weapon a stunbreak and they all grant auras depending on attunement.

That would be bad rework cause the skills suck

conjures do need a rework though

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

Lately in NA I'm legit seeing people making Eles named things like "CMC Fetish".

Not sure yet if it's funny or if it angers me.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Endorphin.9147 said:

For the people who mention the signet trait. People seemed to of forgotten that cata was S tier before the signet buffs.

Exactly, I keep trying to remind everyone of this. The issues here are muuuch deeper than just Written In Stone.

It's important that people don't become desensitized to this and begin normalizing Cata's power outside of WIS because everything about it is still insanely overpowered even without WIS. Even if they disabled that trait, Eles could still fallback on FA or Hammer and they would still be the strongest.

• Confused 1