Ele Changes For July 18th -- Ele Fixed -- Move On -- Start New Thread For New Ele Suggestions

On 7/20/2023 at 8:37 PM, Kuma.1503 said:

Your frustration is justifiable. I'm with you there, changes like these are what will eventually cause me to quit Gw2 for good. 

But in this instance, I can't help but question if some amount of Karma was involved. I've been around these parts for a few years at least. Read a lot of posts. Yours typically focus on reducing power creep in other classes. I've seen you encourage, even cheer on changes like these when it happens to other classes. 

Trevor is doing the same. From the perspective of other players. It matters not HOW another's class is brought down, only that the almighty power creep is reigned in so that their enjoyment of the game can increase. If we continue to encourage that for other classes, we can't really complain when the pendulm swings the other way and we're on the recieving end of these destructive nerfs. 

I honestly don't care if my main will get nerfed or not, if it's busted then ofc it should get nerfs, it's fine. The problem I have with Trevor and others is their hyper focus on 1 class, meanwhile things like Willbenders, Harbingers, Virtuosos and others run in their powercreeped states and no one gives a kitten, that's just childish. 
All these topics about "Ele is busted" are nothing more than "I can't one shot Elementalists from spawn, fix it, now".
There's a reason why there are memes about "going into downstate is part of rotation" for Elementalists...

P.S. Trevor, I didn't go through all of your posts, you're not that valuable for it.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

42 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

I honestly don't care if my main will get nerfed or not, if it's busted then ofc it should get nerfs, it's fine. The problem I have with Trevor and others is their hyper focus on 1 class, meanwhile things like Willbenders, Harbingers, Virtuosos and others run in their powercreeped states and no one gives a kitten, that's just childish. 
All these topics about "Ele is busted" are nothing more than "I can't one shot Elementalists from spawn, fix it, now".
There's a reason why there are memes about "going into downstate is part of rotation" for Elementalists...

P.S. Trevor, I didn't go through all of your posts, you're not that valuable for it.

That's fair then. I retract my critisism. 

As far as complaints go. 

🍔and Willy Wonka mostly get complained about in WvW. They're managable in PvP since they don't have access to nearly as much sustain or boon spam. (I still  hate Willy's port + immob but that's a me thing). 

Virt complaints dropped off after the recent nerf. Their block spam was toned down, and their F5 is a meme. They're still obnoxious to fight, but whether or not they're OP in context of the current meta is debatable. It's looking like Power Mirage/Chrono is the way to go for Mes right now. Moa + Stealth into Magic Bullet is what people are currently complaining about. Consensus is looking like Continuum Split is the culprit there. We may see more complaints about it once people hop off the ele train. 

Speaking of Trains. You're pretty spot on about the level of hyperfocus people have here. I blame that partially on the echo chamber effect. You have a lot of frustrated people compaining to each other and having those frustrations reinforced by their peers. If something becomes OP, popular, AND is annoying to fight, you can bet people are going to hop on that train until it gets nerfed. 

6 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

I honestly don't care if my main will get nerfed or not, if it's busted then ofc it should get nerfs, it's fine. The problem I have with Trevor and others is their hyper focus on 1 class, meanwhile things like Willbenders, Harbingers, Virtuosos and others run in their powercreeped states and no one gives a kitten

That's because everything else was and still is hovering A Tier or S Tier at best, in quite a nice rock/paper/scissors balance. Ele was like S++ God Tier OP 5 and by far transcending every class at everything. The reference towards Willbenders & Harbingers & Virtuosos even being comparable to how Ele was performing is laughable. The only reason you can't see it, is due to that Ele desensitization I've been talking about.

The other classes are fine right now. Even after participating in yesterday's MAT, we can see that the class representation had by far the most variety we've seen in years, and I can say that everything felt strangely and oddly balanced amongst every class, even Eles.

It needed to happen, and the game's balance feels good for once. This is a very very rare thing to be able to say about GW2 pvp.

6 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Dude come on. You're trying too hard to downplay the most broken build in GW2 history, that had the largest margin of difference between its own performance and all the other classes, ever. Either you're trolling or this is the strongest example of Ele desensitization that I've ever seen.

The entire community excluding yourself, unanimously agreed that it was ultra god tier busted and needed serious fixing. Normal general complaints about various issues will see a thread or two a month written about it, and even when other builds have been OP, you might see 5 or 6 threads going at the same time about it, but when you see the entire first 2 pages of the forum filled ONLY with complaint threads and about a very specific class, this is something that's never happened before and at some point you've got to be real with yourself and hone up to what that means.

Ele seen just as much representation as other classes in the MAT, maybe more actually. It's still strong, it just isn't braindead training-wheels strong now. You have to actually think to play it now, and you get punished for bad skill use finally. You're on an even playing field with other classes the way it should be. Get used to it. Get over it.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 4
  • Confused 8

• Trevor Boyer.6524 changed the title to Ele Changes For July 18th -- Ele Fixed -- Move On -- Start New Thread For New Ele Suggestions

I can confirm tempest, at the very least, is still A+-S tier.

2 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Ele seen just as much representation as other classes in the MAT, maybe more actually. It's still strong, it just isn't braindead training-wheels strong now. You have to actually think to play it now, and you get punished for bad skill use finally. You're on an even playing field with other classes the way it should be. Get used to it. Get over it.

Just going to say, ele is still very very strong across the board. Anyone qqing about it is either entirely underskilled or just plain spoiled. Still sustains and damages at a very high level.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

That's because everything else was and still is hovering A Tier or S Tier at best, in quite a nice rock/paper/scissors balance. Ele was like S++ God Tier OP 5 and by far transcending every class at everything. The reference towards Willbenders & Harbingers & Virtuosos even being comparable to how Ele was performing is laughable. The only reason you can't see it, is due to that Ele desensitization I've been talking about.

The other classes are fine right now. Even after participating in yesterday's MAT, we can see that the class representation had by far the most variety we've seen in years, and I can say that everything felt strangely and oddly balanced amongst every class, even Eles.

It needed to happen, and the game's balance feels good for once. This is a very very rare thing to be able to say about GW2 pvp.

Dude come on. You're trying too hard to downplay the most broken build in GW2 history, that had the largest margin of difference between its own performance and all the other classes, ever. Either you're trolling or this is the strongest example of Ele desensitization that I've ever seen.

The entire community excluding yourself, unanimously agreed that it was ultra god tier busted and needed serious fixing. Normal general complaints about various issues will see a thread or two a month written about it, and even when other builds have been OP, you might see 5 or 6 threads going at the same time about it, but when you see the entire first 2 pages of the forum filled ONLY with complaint threads and about a very specific class, this is something that's never happened before and at some point you've got to be real with yourself and hone up to what that means.

When Ele can get all the boons on their bar like Boonbeast did, then you can say that as fact. Until then, you don't have the right to ever speak as if you know Ele's history. 

Edited by Dreams.3128
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3