Jump to content
  • Sign Up

AX 5 and Stab.


SnackParty.3178

Recommended Posts

Who's in on this? Give us stab, during the duration of Whirling Ax. The reason I say this, I've picked up on how AI, reacts to this ability. It's very smart, and picks up on the ability as a channel; which means, the first thing, with a knock back or knock down, is going to insta pop, when triggering AX 5. That means, something is almost always, going to stop it from working, since the AI, is hold back the CC, until AX 5 is used. There is the movement skill trait, that does help the problem, but, it also must rely on that skill, just to use the ability. Honestly....while I'm typing this, ANET could spice it up more, by giving the ability a reflect/blocks¬†ūüėȬ†if not stab. That be sweet.

  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Or idk, stop nerfing it's damage output per strike? It's quite sad to strike with Axe 5 these days if not fully buffed and with mostly dps traits.

On top of their awful approach to OH dagger and no reworks for OH mace, I do wonder if they believe that some kitten staff will fix all warrior issues with their new expac.

Who knows, maybe they will rework many core weapons and ask you to buy the expac for the fixes cause "it will be part of a new pve mASStery" 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Axe 5 should absolutley not have stability build in to it.

The counterplay to the whirldwind of death should be CC or being able to kite it. Giving it stability would make counterplay borderline impossible if your caught in it.
You have to keep other peoples experience AGAINST such things in mind regarding gameplay like this.

Besides, there are plenty of stability sources avalible.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Axe 5 should absolutley not have stability build in to it.

The counterplay to the whirldwind of death should be CC or being able to kite it. Giving it stability would make counterplay borderline impossible if your caught in it.
You have to keep other peoples experience AGAINST such things in mind regarding gameplay like this.

Besides, there are plenty of stability sources avalible.

I believe I had already addressed the other sources of Stability. If you get caught in the short range of whirlwind, maybe learn to get good. Not exactly like anything is sucking you into it. You should also know, abilities have game mode options. Also, I'm talking general, pve, where there's a ton of mobs and there's usually a good chance, something interrupts the ability. Having to rely on a build trait, just to use the move, shouldn't be a thing. 5, needs some sort of improvement, to counter. Honestly, I'd take the reflects, over stab. Would make the ability, extra fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2023 at 1:34 PM, SnackParty.3178 said:

I believe I had already addressed the other sources of Stability. If you get caught in the short range of whirlwind, maybe learn to get good. Not exactly like anything is sucking you into it. You should also know, abilities have game mode options. Also, I'm talking general, pve, where there's a ton of mobs and there's usually a good chance, something interrupts the ability. Having to rely on a build trait, just to use the move, shouldn't be a thing. 5, needs some sort of improvement, to counter. Honestly, I'd take the reflects, over stab. Would make the ability, extra fun.

Totally agree. I've tried to make Axe 5 work in PVP... a lot. I've tried a lot of builds, a lot of use cases. It never performs - in PVP, it actually often gets to see its full length play out more than in PVE... and why?

Because people aren't actually afraid of it. Because it's so easy to out-range it, and the damage is often so lacklustre, there's no reason to interrupt a warrior who is busy spinning around and around not achieving much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i was doing about 2-3000 dmg at lvl 46 and thats with 0 vuln not sure how hard it hits at 80 but its pretty decent dmg. I know i'm not doing 20-30k I forget arcing slice dmg.

Also how does a warrior get stab?

Edited by Axl.8924
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

i was doing about 2-3000 dmg at lvl 46 and thats with 0 vuln not sure how hard it hits at 80 but its pretty decent dmg. I know i'm not doing 20-30k I forget arcing slice dmg.

Also how does a warrior get stab?

Brave Stride, under strength build. Nice to have, but also is required to use, for something to not auto interrupt ax 5.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
√ó
√ó
  • Create New...