Unnecessary deadeye changes in July 18th patch

Nightstinger.7698

I just want to highlight the changes for deadeye in the July 18th patch. It is understandable that there were changes made to the quickness build, as it performed like a dps build as well as providing quickness. That being said, the changes done to both "premeditation" and "iron sight" also affected the pure dps build. This is highly unnecessary. The dps build is already highly limited in team play, and the dps build is challenging to play in terms of optimization of dps rotation, due to revealed mechanic, and marked management + kneel mechanic for rifle. 

Since the dps builds are very limited on thief in team play because of low boon output, low sustain and survivability and difficult usability, the dps should in all fairness be some of the highest in the game. It is now far below what it should be. 

I kindly ask the gw2 balance team to revert these changes. 

Edited by Nightstinger.7698
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

• Nightstinger.7698 changed the title to Unnecessary deadeye changes in July 18th patch

Learning D/D Maleficent Seven has been the most fun thing for me. It's difficult and finicky, but due to the high top end I'd still be doing alright DPS even when making mistakes here and there. Now I'm just extremely discouraged. Feels like looking at some of the Elementalist builds and realizing you're putting in a ton of effort for a mediocre result, and it's not exactly like Deadeye gives a lot of perks to the party either.
I'll continue playing it, because it's just that fun to me, but man... Unlucky...

• Like 3

yeah I think these deadeye changes missed the mark totally. as far as I can see, there's no change documented about the quickness uptime, instead they just gutted the damage?

would not the smarter play for anet to have been gut the quickness uptime so that you need diviners gear if you want to run the quick build, and leave the damage mostly alone? 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, emtea.6931 said:

yeah I think these deadeye changes missed the mark totally. as far as I can see, there's no change documented about the quickness uptime, instead they just gutted the damage?

would not the smarter play for anet to have been gut the quickness uptime so that you need diviners gear if you want to run the quick build, and leave the damage mostly alone? 

That, my friend, would unfortunately require foresight on the part of the balance team, adequate testing in real-world scenarios (by actually playing through encounters within the game, including regular old PvE), and being able to realize that percentile adjustments have a rather outsized portion of influence on damage output (being, you know, scalars rather than based upon stat coefficients), but to achieve that, it would first require having an understanding of the game, mechanics, and profession they're trying to balance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

as others have said, the 1 thing the dps deadeye build had going for it was that it did good damage in single target situations. this was enough to offset the fact that is has limited utility outside of bringing basilisk venom for breakbars.. now it has lost the damage it's kinda pointless in a "why would you run it over <insert other dps build here>?" way

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2