Make use of the in-game /wiki function!

Venguard.2640

If there is every something you don't know, you can directly search the wiki from in-game using the "/wiki" chat command.

Just follow up /wiki with your keyword and it will open your default browser to the article of your keyword, or related results.

For example: If I wanted to know about the crafting system in Guild Wars 2, I would type into my chat box, /wiki crafting, hit enter and read away.

You don't even need keywords.

You can follow the /wiki command with any chat link. If you Shift+Click something that has a chat link, it will be sent to to the chat panel without sending the line, letting you type more in the chat before sending the line. (Ctrl+click sends the chat link directly to chat, and it's not recommended to use this method very often, as sending chat links to chat without typing anything extra often results in getting your chat lines suppressed for a while)

Like so:

/wiki [Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic][silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic][Endless Miniature Tonic][Endless Embiggening Tonic]

Some of the chat links that you can shift+click to use with the /wiki command include items, skills, traits, effects, points of interest, waypoints, recipes from a crafting station, wardrobe skins, and outfits from the wardrobe.

You can add up to 12 different links at a time with a single /wiki command.

When you use the wiki command, in the wiki's search results you will get the IDs of the items and their raw chat links. Like so:

• [&AgE6rgAA]Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic (item #44602)
  • [&AgHTBQEA]Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic (item #67027)
  • [&AgEsOQEA]Endless Miniature Tonic (item #80172)
  • [&AgFdPAEA]Endless Embiggening Tonic (item #80989)

You can use the IDS to tell appart items that have the same name and icon but are actually different items, and you can use the raw chat links to copypaste them in chat for other players to see.

Archived