Liadri The Concealing Dark - Light up the Darkness - Bugged

• 1) Light Balls Expire prematurely
  • 2.) If you dodge while holding a light ball; the light ball is removed.
  • 3.) attempting to pick up a light ball, does an animation lock, rooting you in place, until light ball is collected.
  • 4) Throwing said light ball at boss, is not 100% if she dashed or casts an animation.

Assuming this achievement is actually doable on any class, its current state is very much unfun due to not really possible to complete.  I quite GW2 for 2 years because content was too difficult to complete. I hope someone looks at this and makes this achievement not so impossible...  Desperately hoping not to spend 100+ hours fighting with the RNG  for a .0001% of completing this achievement.  Please fix. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

dodging doesn't remove the light orb..they time out , even if you're holding them. They have a pretty short duration.

picking up the orb locking you in place forna second, is intended.

I can't say I noticed Liadri dodge any of my orbs, you might just be missing.

It's a hard achieve, it took my years. Finally got it today. It is doable on any class. Play a class you know well and slot in defence and mobility or blocks. Condition cleanes are helpful as well as she casts cripple on you.  Dodge food helps.

the only bug this fight has is a graphical bug that randomly blinds the screen with the darkness drops getting screwy. This can be avoided with post processing on none.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The achievement is doable on any class. There are youtube videos up and have been up for years. The achievement was even doable BEFORE HoT or PoF and got significantly easier since those expansions, not to mention the again power creep with EoD.

This is entirely a skill issue at this point and yes, the achievement remains challenging for some players but given this is legacy content multiple years old by now, chances are slim that the developers will make adjustments (besides more power creep in the future which would again make the fight easier).

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fifth.8169 said:

no comment. 

It's a hard achieve and you'll need to spend time practicing it. Some people get it easier than others but it is intended to be hard to gwt.

If you're not enjoying it, then leave it for another year and try again.

just because you want ot easier, doesn't mean it should be. It's not like you get anything special for the achieve..no title, no mini,just AP

• Like 1

It's a skill + class issue.

I've been playing for years, and don't think I'm really any better now than I was a few years ago (arguably, I'm at the age where reflexes, etc, are declining, so should be worse).  I've tried that battle before, never to any success.

But in the past year, I started playing a mechanist, and with that, on I think my third or fourth attempt this year, completed it.  High DPS helps, because it just means you don't have to avoid enemies for as long.  The mechanist build I have has a few abilities that let you move (rifle jump) as well as a utility skill that does it - those extra movement skills makes it easier to get to where you need to be or avoid danger.  And the mech itself can hold some aggro.

So while the battle may be winnable with any class, I would say it is more easily winnable with certain classes - and even beyond that, for a given class the right skills, etc have to be chosen.  There are probably classes with certain traits equipped where that battle really isn't winnable.

The annoying part I find about the gauntlet is that if you win a battle, your mech is 'killed', so you have to wait for the respawn, but if you loose a battle, your mech is still alive.  Seems a bit backwards, though I suppose it makes it faster to retry on failure.

• Like 1