devs threw scrapper a bone :)

doc.9162

4 hours ago, Gaeb.2837 said:

B- The high duration w/o any concentration (bad design).   

I’ve seen this opinion thrown around and I’m not sure I agree.  The way I see it is BD requirements can be a fine tuning knob to push DPS up/down on the boon dps builds compared to full DPS.  So in regards to Scrapper, if they wanted to boost pScrapper DPS they could boost Object In Motion damage modifiers.  But, that would also boost pqScrapper, if they wanted to avoid that they can reduce the power to concentration conversion and/or base quick duration to require some diviner gear.  Considering neither pScrapper nor pqScrapper are out of line on their damage, everything is fine as far as BD IMO.   If pqScrapper was rocking a 35k+ bench it should be toned down, but it’s kinda middle of the pack right now.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, Noxin.9276 said:

It doesn't feel like "spamming skills" like before where you just spammed the gyros, I feel more engaged having to consider which field is down, for how much longer, and what blasts and when to execute them to provide the quickness without overcapping. In most group fights the fields are going down regularly, but its still a reactive thing rather than a same-y watch for cooldown of gyros and press them.

Despite not needing them to quick effectively - Leaps are overall annoying as hell and need to be looked at -  throwing yourself off the boss platform isn't good uptime 😛

lol at leaps. Absolutely. You know what, that's a good point overall. I mean I still feel that we're using up skills for the quickness rather than their intended purpose, but you're right, it's a heck of a lot more interactive than the previous iteration. Probably accounts for why it feels more fun, at least in part.

Good point well made.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 7/24/2023 at 8:31 PM, Jerus.4350 said:

I’ve seen this opinion thrown around and I’m not sure I agree.  The way I see it is BD requirements can be a fine tuning knob to push DPS up/down on the boon dps builds compared to full DPS.  So in regards to Scrapper, if they wanted to boost pScrapper DPS they could boost Object In Motion damage modifiers.  But, that would also boost pqScrapper, if they wanted to avoid that they can reduce the power to concentration conversion and/or base quick duration to require some diviner gear.  Considering neither pScrapper nor pqScrapper are out of line on their damage, everything is fine as far as BD IMO.   If pqScrapper was rocking a 35k+ bench it should be toned down, but it’s kinda middle of the pack right now.

I thought exactly this when I saw how much quickness I could put out with no BD. Scrapper isn't a powerhouse and personally I don't like the idea of punishing players for just bringing buffs to the group - boon duration like you say could allow for a balancing mechanism for builds that do too much damage, making players self-adjust when the spec is an outlier.

10 hours ago, wolfyrik.2017 said:

lol at leaps. Absolutely. You know what, that's a good point overall. I mean I still feel that we're using up skills for the quickness rather than their intended purpose, but you're right, it's a heck of a lot more interactive than the previous iteration. Probably accounts for why it feels more fun, at least in part.

Good point well made.

I think the goal is that your rotation should have the side effect of doing quickness while you fight - I know that after an adjustment period for my build I was getting to the point where I am just dpsing - not thinking about the quickness uptime the way I used to with gyros which I definitely was using "just for quickness" and not for their combat effects. This way I feel the change was a great success - minus leaps of course.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

It still does like 8 damage in WvW so, no blast gyro for me. 😅

Also, the knockback was a problem when people didn't use right but for me it was better than the stun. I cannot stun people off a cliff in WvW, or break a stacked group like I used to do with the knockback.

• Like 1