Good Job Anet. Support the Hackers

Jitters.9401

I was trying the elite attack golem just for the fun of it.

I was on my mount.

No one was around me.

I use auto run and constantly pan the camera.

Then suddenly this spellbreaker appears behind me and throws the spear. To dismount me.

I am beating him easily enough. He has maybe 10% health left. Way off in the distance I can make out 2 shapes moving super fast... speed hacking.  My graphics are on max distance and they cleared that distance in mere seconds. 

Those two shapes are on me when almost instantly then 2 more suddenly appear.

Same guild. Like the TV show. "Something and Stimpy".  But change "something" to the real name. 

Gets tedious watching a full guild with hackers get away with it. 

If anet doesn't stop it, then they support it.

And if the bald headed spellbreaker reads this. I've beaten you every 1v1 but you always call in speed hackers. I know it. You know it and calling in speed hackers will never change the fact I am better than you and it is eating you up inside.

Lolol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

And as I was writing this they had exploited to get a mesmer inside our t3 garrison, who then teleported the rest of them onto the outer walls... almost right on top of me.

Not a single outer wall down  one at 45% but the enemy is inside. And sadly no. They never had anyone hiding inside. They had a failed attempt at outer water gate, a failed attempt at the NW wall.. then exploit for the win. 

Dark Haven Alpine BL Garrison now belongs to the red borderlands under that guilds name. 

Good job Anet. This is exactly how you tell the honest players what you really think of the.

A whole guild. Literally a whole guild cheating to win. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

is this like the Aliens thing going on in the USA so many see it yet 0 videos or photos? 😄

Btw desync and netcode can bork really easy in this game.

Plenty of videos on Youtube and some have been there a few years. It just take some get up and go to see the proof instead of obfuscating every time a light is shown on the problem.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

is this like the Aliens thing going on in the USA so many see it yet 0 videos or photos? 😄

Wouldnt be too suprised if you are one of these hackers who "Its just desync bro". Just as recently I'v seen a druid who port on 10% hp to Narnia when about to be killed all the time, very important desync to not die 1500 range away!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Widebody.5071 said:

Plenty of videos on Youtube and some have been there a few years. It just take some get up and go to see the proof instead of obfuscating every time a light is shown on the problem.

oh i know ive seen some dubious gameplay myself many times, it is something that Anet hardly can battle lol all they can do it is mitigate it over time in favor of cheaters to blend them in the gameplay that's how u "eleminate" cheaters, back in early days of the game cheaters would cheat(package injection and 0 delay on skills so they  could 1 sec macro burst the target) with the elementalist burst but could be countered with retaliation and high vit guardians they would kill themselves on me while my game almost would crash :D, Anet prefered to remove retaliation., and we never know if the fix that allowed eles to cheat arrived, so some eles can still be cheating idk :) with their macro super fast mega burst.

@semak.7481 the down teleport is actually a known cheat/hack situation , some would even port to spawn to res themselves, i m8 have encoutered only 1 that did that, a ranger that would teleport to spawn in downstate.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, psizone.8437 said:

Honestly, we need more of this to see Anet actually giving a crap about it. It feels like after this happened the rate at which hackers get caught has dropped.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/guild-wars-hacker-shamed-banned-by-devs#:~:text=The developers then deleted Darkside,versus Player (PvP) mode.

lol, that's doesn't feel like 8 years ago.....yikes, what year is this? Didn't Covid just start....Tempus fugit, in omnibus casibus.

• Sad 2

On 7/24/2023 at 9:20 PM, Aeolus.3615 said:

so many see it yet 0 videos or photos

Or the German lion south of Berlin. The only video is blurry, very short, dark (night ofc) and stops right when one would be able to see the thing better.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/19/2023 at 10:25 PM, Jitters.9401 said:

And as I was writing this they had exploited to get a mesmer inside our t3 garrison, who then teleported the rest of them onto the outer walls... almost right on top of me.

Not a single outer wall down  one at 45% but the enemy is inside. And sadly no. They never had anyone hiding inside. They had a failed attempt at outer water gate, a failed attempt at the NW wall.. then exploit for the win. 

Dark Haven Alpine BL Garrison now belongs to the red borderlands under that guilds name. 

Good job Anet. This is exactly how you tell the honest players what you really think of the.

A whole guild. Literally a whole guild cheating to win. 

Alt-Win-R brings up the window game recording thingy. 
Take a video of the incident,  report the culprit with the in game report function under "botting:" upload video to Youtube as unlisted 

Send support ticket to - top right hand corner of the front page/ top  left hand if you are already in the forum, sign in, 
You will need :
Time incident happens
Date incident happens
What server are you on 
What server culprit on 
What Map it happen 
What structure
Describe what they did
Account name of culprit's  - block the culprit, use the send message function to get their game name with the numbers, ie:  fakename.1234
Attach video link.

Send 

Posting it on the forum does nothing.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, babana.7521 said:

Posting it on the forum does nothing.

Sadly, I have reported before "with"physical proof and nothing was done.

There was one hackazoid I deliberately fought 3 times to get the evidence to give anet. I even put that person on my friends list to see if anything would occur...and almost every day he'd be back in wvw.

So I lost faith. 

I posted my post though as a means to show that people are brazen enough to openly cheat because there really are no repercussions.  That particular guild has been around for quite a while and even with many witnesses,  still  went ahead and cheated.  That is some pretty extreme confidence that they will not face repercussions from those in charge. 

Edited by Jitters.9401
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Hesione.9412 said:

In my current match-up, there is a player who is consistently inside the Stoic upper floor polygon. You can't target them to report them. It's extremely frustrating.

My last match-up there was a spellbreaker from a guild called "zerk" who I downed. Whenever I tried to stomp him, he would self knockback (in down state) moving a distance backwards so that I couldn't finish. Did it about 5 times, rallied then ran inside stonemist. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Guys 1st of all in 1st place report this to Anet, recording videos is great

@Sahne.6950 those exist since begging of the game, dont put the video here btw i think players have been temporary banned

My comment was ment to be more of a joke than anything else btw, Anet does nothing to this players in NA u had a know tag knowing to run immortal or with no CD between skill (in which i belive that is with WPE package injectection), Anet never took an action, even on spvp toournament Anet alowed a team to partecipate with bugged runes that were doing more than it should be (and that team won), on the old forum an Anet dev commented that players glitching LoS (before the LoS rework) were players improving themselves.

My story with the macro eles in the start of the game ended in favor of the macroers since Anet removed  the boon that would make them self kill.. that's Anet for ya....

Dont expect much from this guys, just that it is easier for them to put some makeup over to hide them then actually change what allows those players to do that.

Players hitting faster than quickness is also possible some mmo's bork themselves, server m8 think it is desync and server tries to atempt to reconcialite with some sorta movement algorithm between the action and clients, the result is players w/o quickness attacking with quickness speed,  i think Gw2 has a system that tries to "resync" the players and sometimes that camouflages the possible cheat, i belive it is something related with interpolation during the period that server and client are trying to reconciliate where it should detect possible cheat but the server reads as a false flag and allows has it the algorithm is trying to fix the action between the players.

How to fix this? better extrapolation algorithms with flagsin actions that pass certain limits into a Anet only framework access where they can predict path of a toon and skills, and raise flags so Anet can analyse them better and take action.

The guys that do all this work in the netcode  are actually the true Anet wizards.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, applecinder.1960 said:

FA (and also MAG when he's on his alt) has JMACK blatantly hacking in front of everyone.

That is the thing. I understand some use it discreetly to avoid being spotted by anyone even the GM that are watching them hence no actions can be taken yet. This guy has been using it daily regardless who is watching blatantly is almost taunting the GM, as though he is unbannable cause anet(allegedly) will not take actions on them.

Edited by caltus.5832
  • Like 1

On 7/24/2023 at 1:20 PM, Aeolus.3615 said:

There are literally hundreds of videos of people flying (in golems too), appearing from nowhere, on a class/race combo with no stealth (including at spawns), teleporting around like they have access to blink with a 100 ammo charge.  People (entire guilds actually) dropping from above, in zones they don't control on top of enemies like they were in the movie Jumanji and respawning.  Most are not posted in the forums, because Anet will do nothing about people cheating, but will ban the posters from the forums.

• Like 2