Testing PVE builds

Not sure if there is any enviroment (in pve) that you can do that. Personally, when it comes to testing and mostly for boon duration, healing scaling and final stats, I use the:  gw2skills.net/editor/gw2 . Going there you just put the gear you want, the runes and sigils, choose the build and then hovering over your skills will show you the said info.

• Like 1

I usually craft my builds with the editor from gw2skills.net. Once I have reached my goals with stats:
- When I just need a field-test for data collection only, I go for green or rare gear from TP and the runes+sigils. Depending on the price of the upgrades, I can use a BL kit to get them back.
- When I am certain about my build, I go with exotic stuff - which is sufficient for 90 % of the endgame content.

Statswap on the go works with:
Blood Ruby Backpack
Blood Ruby Pedant
Blood Ruby Band (one normal and one attuned)
Mist Talisman (two, they are not unique)

So I only need to take care of the armor, which is imo easier to obtain. I usually use Bladed Armor Boxes (Verdant Brink, Heart of Thorns) and  Warlord's Armor Boxes from WvW. Both have stat-select. I use those for expensive parts and buy the rest from TP.

If you just want to mess with stats without using sigils, I can also recommend Bloodbound weapons.

Another cool option for Dagger, Sword, Shield, Scepter and Greatsword are the Caladbolg Weapons. You can obtain multiple of those. Each can be exchanged into a different weapon-type, which comes with a stat-reset.

• Like 4