I wish Coalescence of Ruin would hit in melee

GoingMenthol.7281

I wish the first hit was a melee AoE and the two other hits were like normal

It would have shorter range but I'm finding more situations where I'm right next to the target and cannot hit without leaping away to reposition, and fewer situations where I need to hit something at 1400 range since the 1200 attack is spaced further away from myself

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I'm going to keep linking this quote until Hammer 2 gets reworked to the underlined standards provided by Grouch.  A weapon's skill 2 needs to be a RELIABLE skill usage that will almost always be a net-positive during gameplay. Rev Hammer 2 is none of these things. Whether it's bugged, inconsisent, slow, can't hit anything on the Y-axis (elevated ground) or goes the wrong direction, it's always a crapshoot with this ability.  With all Rev's getting access to Shortbow in about a month, Hammer will be virutally useless outside of the one specific function of a gamemode it was probably designed for(WvW zerging). 

On 7/8/2022 at 6:50 PM, Josh Davis.7865 said:

Engineer

In Engineer, we've updated skills on their core Rifle weapon to modernize it to more recent gameplay standards and to better support power builds.

One of these standards is that your #2 skill should be damage-positive if possible- something you want to use whenever it is available as a regular part of your gameplay. For this reason, we've switched the location of Blunderbuss and Net Shot, so that Blunderbuss is now on #2, and Net Shot on #3. Blunderbuss has had its cooldown reduced, and now additionally applies Might to the Engineer and nearby allies, making this skill key for regular use in combat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Oh hey, someone else finally posted about Hammer.

Many AoEs that Anet reworked are terrible. Especially on Revenant. The height and application all have some kind of dysfunctional design to them that makes certain angles or height buggy and not hit anything.

Inspiring Reinforcement has been reworked in a way that only you can projectile finish has angles that makes those drag against the floor almost, sometimes people can run through it and leaps literally count as evade frames, Stability is overnerfed to create an unreliable experience to players using it properly.

CoR greatest flaw is the idea that the kitten square starts at the edge of the tip which is ridiculous to think about and that same animation sprite is somehow used backwards on Mace 2. Not to forget sound had been broken until recently as they somehow fixed it without mention after 3 years and half while at the same time the skills have been broken for just has long and on going.

https://youtu.be/yl2sAXxEGuE

https://youtu.be/Mac6-9zhxTY

I have yet to post this bug compilation that I have stopped cummulating with how Anet never cared to any of the bug reports I've posted on their forums, in game report and even reddit. Nobody cares even if its highlighted in the wiki. Years going.

13 hours ago, Jaykay.9641 said:

Hammer will be virutally useless outside of the one specific function of a gamemode it was probably designed for(WvW zerging). 

This is so untrue, Hammer has always been good if you know how to use it and it's not exactly mega brain either to use a weapon that is designed for mega hits only.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

Oh hey, someone else finally posted about Hammer.

Many AoEs that Anet reworked are terrible. Especially on Revenant. The height and application all have some kind of dysfunctional design to them that makes certain angles or height buggy and not hit anything.

Inspiring Reinforcement has been reworked in a way that only you can projectile finish has angles that makes those drag against the floor almost, sometimes people can run through it and leaps literally count as evade frames, Stability is overnerfed to create an unreliable experience to players using it properly.

CoR greatest flaw is the idea that the kitten square starts at the edge of the tip which is ridiculous to think about and that same animation sprite is somehow used backwards on Mace 2. Not to forget sound had been broken until recently as they somehow fixed it without mention after 3 years and half while at the same time the skills have been broken for just has long and on going.

https://youtu.be/yl2sAXxEGuE

https://youtu.be/Mac6-9zhxTY

I have yet to post this bug compilation that I have stopped cummulating with how Anet never cared to any of the bug reports I've posted on their forums, in game report and even reddit. Nobody cares even if its highlighted in the wiki. Years going.

This is so untrue, Hammer has always been good if you know how to use it and it's not exactly mega brain either to use a weapon that is designed for mega hits only.

as a fellow core revenant/hammer user. I loved this video ❤️

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The bugginess on where it will land is the worst part...had one of the Crown Pavilion boss fights where CoR wanted to START it's path at the boss and head off in a 90 degree angle towards other players, as if the boss was wielding the hammer instead of me!  I'm sure it was due to the uneven terrain in the boss pit...their programming for this skill just can't handle all situations.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, otto.5684 said:

I was hoping that hammer is fixed so rev have a functional ranged weapon usable on all builds. Now that SB will be useable on all builds, I do not see a reason to use hammer anywhere. SB is better in every conceivable way.

You say that with such confidence, in PvE Shortbow surely has the better cooldowns however I'd gladly prove that wrong in a PvP scenario. Hammer always get the last word against any ranged builds, especially on Core Revenant.

If anet would fix up the CD on CoR it would easily become more competitive even in spite of the broken state.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Confused 3

13 hours ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

Ah yes, video with bad music is proof a crap weapon is good, that shows staff doing a lot of lifting there over the hammer. Not sure what your goal was.

Yikes, prove to me that you ain't strawmanning this one then. Because I don't like it when players in video games begs the devs to change things over blatant skill issues.

Surely, just uhm surely Staff wouldn't do anything for any other build that Revenant has ever come to know, esp one with Shortbow. I couldn't imagine someone ever needing Staff while using Shortbow because it can definitely have 50% uptime on projectile hate without traits or bait any attacks with free damage/sustain. Surely Staff did all the damage and sustain like everything it's ever used for.

Irony aside if you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't have to resort at such low blow that has no basis.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

° hammer skill 1 auto attack:                   1 sec cast => 0,75 sec cast

33% faster projectile traveling speed.

° hammer skill 2 coalescence of ruin:     0,75 sec cast => 0,5 sec cast

10 sec cd => 6 sec cd

Hit range starts at the player, not from further away like now.

hammer skill 2 could add enemies who get hit deal 20% reduced physical/condi damage to your allies. Allies who get hit by it receive 20% less condi/physical damage. This effect doesn't stack obv. (They could add this if it would still feel underpowered)

° Hammer skill 3 phase smash:                 for pvp/WvW damage looks fine. Maybe for pve some more damage increase?

° Hammer skill 4  field of the mists:        1 of the more unique skills and shouldn't be changed.

° Hammer skill 5 drop of the hammer:  

hammer 5 skill when casting taunts/pulls enemies inwards (like the dwarf chains). When the cast is complete the stun hits in 240 radius.

Because of this, it hits more often and the 240 radius doesn't needs to be made larger.

This could be an option maybe instead to make it better ranged. The identity of hammer ranged stays the same and some dwarf like features added to make it resemble that, like above.

• Confused 1