Im getting so tired of still being slowed after finishing combat and conditions are gone.

It's Anet's way of artificially slowing players down from completing content too fast, getting bored, and then running off to another game...that, coupled with barely having anywhere outside a camp or city that you can even sit still for a minute to peruse the big world map (cuz I swear the mini map keeps shrinking) without getting aggro'd. 😏

• Confused 9
  • Sad 1

I thought it was so that stealthed players couldn't run as far if they momentarily managed to get away from a WvW fight.  You know, give pursuit a chance to find the stealthy one now that he is alone and still limping.

I suppose they could separately code pvp and pve battle timers.  Just add one more thing to go wrong and get broken after each balance patch.  

9 hours ago, Hashberry.4510 said:

Or you could slot some manner of cleanse. Or flap above until someone else kills the mean mobs.

I think maybe they're talking about those situations where you've killed every enemy, you have no conditions, but you're still stuck in combat for several seconds afterward unable to mount and moving at the slower in-combat rate.  I agree it is annoying.

• Like 17

47 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I think maybe they're talking about those situations where you've killed every enemy, you have no conditions, but you're still stuck in combat for several seconds afterward unable to mount and moving at the slower in-combat rate.  I agree it is annoying.

Yep.  Especially in PoF zones where the enemies have ridiculously large aggro ranges.

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Yep.  Especially in PoF zones where the enemies have ridiculously large aggro ranges.

The PoF zones are extremely annoying compared to other zones and this is one of the main reasons for that. It's kind of ironic because I assume that this was done to promote mount usage. Use mount = less annoyance in other words. Except the OP is complaining about something makes sure you can't use mounts more fluidly. Add to that this issue of aggro ranges and then you understand why I stopped going to PoF zones pretty much entirely by now. Whereas I still spend time in HoT zones. Also annoying zones but there you don't have these two issues and with HoT masteries and mounts those zones are fine. 

As I mentioned it's something that also happens in Bitterfrost Frontier. So it must be done on purpose if other zones that came before and after don't have these two issues.

• Like 4

Ive been stuck in combat for more than a minute after the last condi is cleared and all foes are dead in WvW. Meanwhile the foe that Ive killed can respawn, mount up, and run all of the way back to where I am slowly trudging along to restart the fight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

20 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Interesting. If it does work with other mounts, I wonder if it will work with the warclaw in WvW.

Probably not since WvW doesn't apply masteries and uses its own point system or you'd have people gliding around without putting a point into it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Ive been stuck in combat for more than a minute after the last condi is cleared and all foes are dead in WvW. Meanwhile the foe that Ive killed can respawn, mount up, and run all of the way back to where I am slowly trudging along to restart the fight.

The only thing I can think that causes that is you hit an ambient mob like a rabbit or something with a non dmg skill like an aoe pull. I used to always get stuck in combat at certain supply camps after killing everything until I realized my spectral grasp hit a rabbit or some other ambient but that rabbit wouldn't get pulled towards me but would count as in combat until I killed it or ran slowly far enough away.

• Like 2

FFXIV made a great QoL choice dots (conditions) are not preventing you from mounting up and locking you in combat. GW2 feels so backwards in that regard, welcome early to 2000. WvW can have different rules, no reason in the open world to lock you in slow mode with those conditions which can last up to few dozen seconds.

GW2 brings Bethesda games to my mind where enemy gets bugged and has forever aggro on you so you never can fast travel, even if the bugged enemy is in other side of the country. Thank god PC has console commands to fix those

Edited by Jin.8501
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

17 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

need gifts of exploration so doing map competition and oh my gosh... I'm stuck in combat with no enemies around far too often...

If that happens so often for you in core maps, it's probably something you are doing without noticing it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Epsilon Indi.2031 said:

Lands to harvest berries
Every single icebrood wolf in the area

"Aaand I took that personally."
7 minutes of chilled.  Cleanse on cooldown for the next minute.

The thing is that it still happens after the chilled effect is gone. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

The ways(there are definitely multiple) this game tries to determine if you are in combat can be truly baffling. On the one hand you have situations like people are describing but there has been quite a few times I've ended up out of combat in the middle of a boss fight in fractals and that is without doing anything to disengage.