Delete Crack Shot.

rainhelm.3827

All this trait does is allow condizerk to have condi on their ranged autos, which they should have by default. 

This doesn't even need much work, just build those benefits into baseline warrior and those weapons by default. Then you can rework this as a utility trait for pure ranged warrior builds or a trait for future staff/support builds.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Strongly agree, and I think its possible that its exactly what you say and it'll be replaced by a Staff trait when it gets added to the game.

The listed effects of this trait are truly unhinged after baselining the cooldown. All this does is add 1s burn to Longbow's auto - it's literally competing with [Warrior's Sprint] which is 10% ALL strike damage plus bonus effects which completely blows the Rifle auto +10% out of the water.

In fact, now that I have it written out, I'm pretty sure increasing Condi Berserker's Power damage by 10% outdpses the burning added to Longbow auto on the bench log. 

It does still have the BUGGED, non-listed effect of giving Rifle non-auto skills double adrenaline gain when traited which makes a Rifle rotation work for Power Berserker - but at a steep DPS cost so it's still not worth the tradeoff. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

Strongly agree, and I think its possible that its exactly what you say and it'll be replaced by a Staff trait when it gets added to the game.

The listed effects of this trait are truly unhinged after baselining the cooldown. All this does is add 1s burn to Longbow's auto - it's literally competing with [Warrior's Sprint] which is 10% ALL strike damage plus bonus effects which completely blows the Rifle auto +10% out of the water.

In fact, now that I have it written out, I'm pretty sure increasing Condi Berserker's Power damage by 10% outdpses the burning added to Longbow auto on the bench log. 

It does still have the BUGGED, non-listed effect of giving Rifle non-auto skills double adrenaline gain when traited which makes a Rifle rotation work for Power Berserker - but at a steep DPS cost so it's still not worth the tradeoff. 

Honestly condizerk has way bigger problems as a playstyle but this one just personally bugs me whenever I open up the build tab. Crack Shot is just there and staring into my soul, annoying me with its very existence. Reminding me that I could play literally anything and I chose to play condi... As a warrior.

On a more serious note, they made big improvements to the overall QoL of the playstyle but haven't managed to solve the fact that it only feels like a real spec while berserk is up and a lot of the time, its not even up to you to keep berserk up. It really, REALLY sucks if you let berserk end early and there really is no need for this kind of all risk no reward mechanic with no in-betweens.

I think it would be a lot better if we had a separate rage bar that fueled berserk duration (would also give people a visual que to track berserk duration) instead of having it on a set timer that can be extended with rage skills. Have the rage skills fill the rage bar instead of adding X seconds.

This will result in practically the same bench but now your ''oh no I'm out of berserk'' rotation can use rage abilities without fearing that you're sabotaging your next berserk. And this is how you would elevate playability of berserk without buffing its bench DPS where it can sustain endless berserk anyways.

Not to mention its a visual QoL letting player track remaining duration with ease and most importantly it fits thematically. Building up the rage, doesn't get more berserk than that.

Edited by rainhelm.3827
  • Confused 1

They probably will delete it imo. There's a lot of similar traits left on other professions / weapons. Crack Shot is probably the worst tho.

The real problems imo are the actually useless ones like Vengeful Return and Dual Weilding. That not only have literally never been used or touched but are massively out of date. Also, calling longbow a "ranged" weapon at all, either by you or ANet, is a stretch tbh.

6 hours ago, GigityCat.7529 said:

They probably will delete it imo. There's a lot of similar traits left on other professions / weapons. Crack Shot is probably the worst tho.

The real problems imo are the actually useless ones like Vengeful Return and Dual Weilding. That not only have literally never been used or touched but are massively out of date. Also, calling longbow a "ranged" weapon at all, either by you or ANet, is a stretch tbh.

I supressed the fact that Vengeful Return still exists, what a kittening joke of a trait. It should have been removed or reworked into something else years ago.

Dual Wielding should be able to stack with swiftness, turn warriors with two one-handed weapons to blenders.