We want legendary relics on relics release

• rune.9572 changed the title to We want legendary relics on relics release

There is another option.

They could also leave runes as is, and then release it separately when it's ready. It is better to do things once correctly, than many times wrong. Relics are not going to break or make this release.

Any other half-hearted measures would just be broken and annoy people, as well as cause confusion. Especially considering people will already have their hands full with the other features.

If I'm correct, the opening up of all profession weapons will also be delayed, correct?

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 34
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Unfortunately ANet didn't even think of the issue when designing the system so that isn't going to happen. They don't even know how long it will take to fix! It seems despite 10+ years of experience they still don't have a good grasp of their own rate of productivity.

50 minutes ago, rune.9572 said:

weaselspeak.

Are you new around here because that is normal for ANet.

21 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

There is another option.

They could also leave runes as is, and then release it separately when it's ready. It is better to do things once correctly, than many times wrong. Relics are not going to break or make this release.

Any other half-hearted measures would just be broken and annoy people, as well as cause confusion. Especially considering people will already have their hands full with the other features.

If I'm correct, the opening up of all profession weapons will also be delayed, correct?

I agree that is the right decision but it is very impractical. It will likely double the development work because of the additional effort needed to undo changes. A well disciplined team and decent revision control system would theoretically be able to (relatively) easily unmerge the changes but ANet does not seem to have that well disciplined team. This is based on the number of instances of accidental releases of things and hotfixes that are much larger than expected for their changes suggesting that unintended changes have been merged in and released.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Lots of issues with Relics, agree, delay their rollout and allow people to get more info and or a test weekend, right now this is sounding like a really bad idea for leggo ones or not. Take the base 40, are those going to be the ones we already have so you don't on day one break every build that is already in place? How are you going to account for all the runes people have acquired over time when they want to roll out a new build? Should it be a free one per set of 6 that players have? What if they don't have leggo runes but have leggo gear but still carry around a number of sets to swap in and out depending on what role they might be trying to fill, one per toon of 60 doesn't cover that. I don't mind goals, goals are a big part of the game but this is just bashing time people already put in both crafting but also in acquiring for use. It might be better to leave the 6th pieces we have now and add a seventh slot. That keeps all things neutral in what all players have spent time in doing. Again, delay this feature and gather more feedback.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

I agree that is the right decision but it is very impractical. It will likely double the development work because of the additional effort needed to undo changes. A well disciplined team and decent revision control system would theoretically be able to (relatively) easily unmerge the changes but ANet does not seem to have that well disciplined team. This is based on the number of instances of accidental releases of things and hotfixes that are much larger than expected for their changes suggesting that unintended changes have been merged in and released.

I understand and I agree. I'm just more looking for the people that may get upset.

I just don't want to pressure anyone too much.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Sad 2

Well... I'm out.

I stopped playing, waiting for how Anet were going to answer that legendary runes question they obviously overlooked during the relics creation process.

Most of my builds rely on the 6th effect of equipped runes, especially roaming builds for WvW. Tomorrow I'll log in and those characters won't work anymore. I refuse to be forced to grind again only to regain full functionality of my toons.

Such contempt for players who invested time in the game is really sad. They could at least give us the corresponding relic for each equipped build until legendary relic release.

• Like 26
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 4

50 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

ANet didn't even think of the issue when designing the system

I think that they did think of the issue but miscalculated the backlash. I believe that they thought all of the various build impacting elements (relics, elite spec weapons, new class weapons) would be sufficient to keep players happy in spite of the loss of 6th tier bonus swapping.

• Like 6
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

33 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I think that they did think of the issue but miscalculated the backlash. I believe that they thought all of the various build impacting elements (relics, elite spec weapons, new class weapons) would be sufficient to keep players happy in spite of the loss of 6th tier bonus swapping.

If they had thought about it the blog post would have been written with the rest of the announcements. If it was written and they were simply holding off on the announcement it wouldn't have required an extra 2 day delay.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I'm a player with Legendary Armor, Weapons, Jewelry, Sigils, and Runes. I WILL NOT spend another CENT on GW2 until this bs is addressed and fixed. I ALREADY PUT IN THE WORK. I HAVE 7/7 LEGENDARY RUNES. the work is done, I've paid for the content. I refuse to go backward in time for a year or more while you devs scramble to convince the player base that this isn't selling me a shirt I ALREADY OWN. A kittenING EXOTIC PIECE AFTER YEARS OF WORK TO MAKE A LEGENDARY ACCOUNT?! HELL NO!! Make it right Anet, and none of this "significant progress for a feature we haven't even finished and you'll need to wait 1-5yrs for", fix it before SOTO launches or you will lose potential profits. I swear it. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

If they had thought about it the blog post would have been written with the rest of the announcements. If it was written and they were simply holding off on the announcement it wouldn't have required an extra 2 day delay.

My apologies for not being more clear. I believe that they thought about the matter before the first announcements about the relic system. I think they thought about the impact (at least) months ago and chose to go ahead calculating that there would be some players upset but that the numbers willing to walk away or at least not order/preorder the expac would be sufficiently small that they could ignore them.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

This whole thing has me heated, I won't lie. It's probably a bit obvious from my previous post though. It's such a kitten move to just rip some functionality off of something we all grinded out and then not even offer us a comparable replacement. Like not only are we not just getting a legendary relic, we gotta wait who-the-kitten-knows how long to actually regain the functionality of the runes. It's bs and Anet knows it. Well myself and my guild, we will speak with our wallets since I doubt the forums will be enough to make them treat us right.

Edited by Sylvrr.6541
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Considering expansion relics are unlocked from achievements, the legendary expansion relic will likely require unlocking all of them first, so even if it was available at launch, it wouldn't be obtainable until the end of the expansion. What they can do however is give the legendary core relic up front, but that would confirm that each expansion would have its own legendary relic.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Healix.5819 said:

Considering expansion relics are unlocked from achievements, the legendary expansion relic will likely require unlocking all of them first, so even if it was available at launch, it wouldn't be obtainable until the end of the expansion. What they can do however is give the legendary core relic up front, but that would confirm that each expansion would have its own legendary relic.

I really hope that is not how they are gonna try and implement these things. The last thing PvPers and WvWers are gonna want is their builds locked behind running around in each expac doing more achievements.

Edited by Sylvrr.6541
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Agreed.  This seems wrong.  I appreciate that they want to improve this feature and add more utility and flexibility to the system, but you're removing value from a previously crafted item in order to do so.  The correct thing to do is to fully compensate players.  I wouldn't split hairs if it were a cheap, ubiquitous item.  But these are legendary runes that represent a large time gate and expenditure of materials purely for a convenience item.  Do the right thing, ANet.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Sylvrr.6541 said:

I'm a player with Legendary Armor, Weapons, Jewelry, Sigils, and Runes. I WILL NOT spend another CENT on GW2 until this bs is addressed and fixed. I ALREADY PUT IN THE WORK. I HAVE 7/7 LEGENDARY RUNES. the work is done, I've paid for the content. I refuse to go backward in time for a year or more while you devs scramble to convince the player base that this isn't selling me a shirt I ALREADY OWN.

Yeah, how I feel about this too. Especially with how undercooked eod got released... Finish the product first and I'll think about buying it. Until then, there are like a 1000 things competing for my time and money.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

Having crafted 6 legendary runes so I wouldn't have to go through the hunt for runes and I could just change my build at will, Anet's solution and compensation doesn't satisfy me. I'll hold off on spending more on gems, until I see where this goes, but the idea that suddenly I'm in the same boat I was before I spent 2 plus k on legendary runes doesn't sit well with me.

Edited by Vayne.8563
spelling
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 3

Actually it should be given to everyone with 6/6 runes, and everyone with 7/7 also receives the relic and something extra, remember, it's not only the people with 7 runes that are losing functionality.
And to be fair, the seventh rune is basically that, an extra, especialy with underwater content being abandoned now, it's why a lot of people only craft 6/6 and never get the seventh, or leave it as the very last thing, together with the 4 underwater sigils.

But we have to see what that compensation is going to be, i hope it at least reduce the vast majority of the potential material and gold grind/collections.

Edited by Brandon Uzumaki.1524
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Having crafted 6 legendary runes so I wouldn't have to go through the hunt for ruins and I could just change my build at will, Anet's solution and compensation doesn't satisfy me. I'll hold off on spending more on gems, until I see where this goes, but the idea that suddenly I'm in the same boat I was before I spent 2 plus k on legendary runes doesn't sit well with me.

Out of curiosity, what would be a satisfactory answer? If they had launched the legendary relics alongside I'm guessing that would work (and require nominal if any extra cost). But since it's a year's wait, what would work in the interrim as compensation?

Am I a little irked at them splitting the set bonus from my legendary runes? Maybe a smidge.

Am I losing my mind that we won't instantly get a legendary rune at SoTO launch? Nah. I can wait. It's gonna happen eventually.

Am I mad that I won't automatically get one when they do get launched? Ehhhhh? Depends on how much "substantial progress" we get from our previously made leggy runes. I'll wait to pass judgment on that one since the information is simply lacking right now.

3 exotics per level 60+ character is fine with me for the time being. Many of my toons are storage alts/parked at JPs forever anyway, so I can funnel them to my more frequently played characters provided they're account bound. Sure it'll be a nuisance until the legendary one comes out, but I still enjoy GW2 too much for this to make me quit.

I do, however, hope Anet learns from this and the rather alt-unfriendly jade bot core/module systems for the future. Please don't make this a new trend moving forward.

EDIT: Stay madge, confused-emote people.

Edited by Caitmonster.9036
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 10

2 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Out of curiosity, what would be a satisfactory answer? If they had launched the legendary relics alongside I'm guessing that would work (and require nominal if any extra cost). But since it's a year's wait, what would work in the interrim as compensation?

It's not a simple answer. I'm getting something different to what I've lost. That's always thorny. So if they give me back a legendary relic on launch, yeah, that would shut me up, but it will also make me not quite as interested as doing content in the expansion, because I'm sure a lot of it is around getting this stuff. The whole situation will likely devalue the expansion for me, one way or another. Eventually I'll have ever relic unlocked anyway, because that's how I play. It's the time frame of having t wait for builds so I can have a decent build when I go out with my raid team. Or when I jump into WvW.

Then I have a character I built years ago, that shouts yarr and summons a parrot. He's using privateer runes. I built that character, a norn pirate, specifically to use those runes. That character is completely gone, unless they have a relic with those functions and why would they? I invested considerable time and energy, even bought gem store shoulders for that character. They're changing something I use and like, to something with fewer options at launch that probably won't help that character survive. I made that character my dedicated fishing character. His name is Captain Arghhhh. It's likely that's a wasted character right now. He'll stay my fishing character, but yeah that's a bit disappointing too.

It's just that when an expansion comes out, I expect to be looking forward to it, not looking forward to the release date with this uneasy feeling that I've been set back. 

I'm a pretty new raider as these things go. I have six legendary runes, so I can jump into various builds and I know I need all the help I can get. Having to go farm those things just so I can get raid ready again doesn't sound fun. It puts pressure on me and I don't play games to be pressured.  Maybe they could take the most common runes that people use, scholars or what have you and put the runes into an unlimited choosy box that you can get for free from an NPC like they used to do for betas. Let people get the old six rune out of them for now, until they come out with the legendary one at some point next year.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3