[Suggestion] please please please make the new Fractal CM title not require the reset of the whole instance

Title.

Dances with Demons works wonderfully in Sunqua Peak - if the party wipes, everyone's eligibility buff is reset and you get to try again fresh without hassle.

In Silent Surf, for some reason, the title eligibility requires restarting the whole instance, which means minutes of downtime between each pull since you also have to kill the miniboss before you get to attempt the real thing. The fight is very very long as is, and it is incredibly disheartening to wipe at 10% only to get to exit to say hi to Dessa and beat up the dummy boss.

The hassle involved in getting the title also creates incentive for heavy LFG gatekeeping - you will see 40k, 50k UFE requirements, infusion pings and fractal god titles partly because players really dislike the extra downtime. (And yes, everyone is allowed to make a group with whatever requirements but the clunkiness of the CM run underscores the gatekeeping issue).

Easy fix: make the title eligibility visible and reset every time the party wipes. Fast, elegant, simple and player-friendly.

Edited by Iquasi.2973
  • Like 2

It took my group about six restarts today to get the title -- not that bad, actually.

The LFG requirements seem crazy, but after four days with rather inexperienced PUGs I have to say I understand why people are setting the LFG req this high. However, on occasion, you will bump into an experienced group that is chilled and doesn't ask for that much KP. But that's a rare case, I have to admit.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 2

37 minutes ago, Iquasi.2973 said:

Dances with Demons works wonderfully in Sunqua Peak - if the party wipes, everyone's eligibility buff is reset and you get to try again fresh without hassle.

In Silent Surf, for some reason, the title eligibility requires restarting the whole instance, which means minutes of downtime between each pull since you also have to kill the miniboss before you get to attempt the real thing. The fight is very very long as is, and it is incredibly disheartening to wipe at 10% only to get to exit to say hi to Dessa and beat up the dummy boss.

I get what you mean, but one might argue that 100CM "Nightmare Aspect" title requirements are about the same as 98CM "Leaves No Hero Behind" in Shattered Observatory... and I think they didn't change LNHB req.

But indeed, it would be nice to reset the eligibility after each wipe.

38 minutes ago, Iquasi.2973 said:

The hassle involved in getting the title also creates incentive for heavy LFG gatekeeping - you will see 40k, 50k UFE requirements, infusion pings and fractal god titles partly because players really dislike the extra downtime. (And yes, everyone is allowed to make a group with whatever requirements but the clunkiness of the CM run underscores the gatekeeping issue).

Infusion pings are kinda legit for title runs, as they show your teammates have completed 100CM at least once, meaning they actually played all the phases.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure the kp req will become lower as people get more experienced.