Please update the placeholder mortar kit skin?

As in title. I've heard it called many generous names such as the iron toilet, 2012 bidet, firehose, etc. 

The main reason I make this post is I've heard it said that this was intended to only be a placeholder skin and that it would be updated post launch. I'm sure whoever made that promise is long gone, but Anet has made claims to improve core content with SotO and this would go a long way for good faith.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

For one, the current mortar skin is actually quite resembling to the real handheld mortar (yes they do exist). 

But as with any changes of this type, Anet is very unlikely to do anything about it. 

If you want to combat all those funny names, just think what I said, it's a replica of the real counterpart,you can even tell whoever is making fun of it and make yourself seem smart. 

Edited by jason.1083
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, misfired.8403 said:

For reference here is what the old mortar kit used to look like:

and here is the updated skin:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elite_Mortar_Kit#/media/File:Elite_Mortar_Kit.jpg

Oh, wow. I didn't really do anything with Engie back at launch (other than to create him for birthday presents) and so do not remember the original mortar kit at all. Thanks for posting this.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2