Stat switching bug

I bought a capacitor in the heart of mists and double clicked on it, and it follows up with a prompt asking if you'd like to use it to change the stats on your item.  Upon selecting yes it simply disappears and you don't get any benefit.  It just wastes 250 shards of glory and does nothing.  I guess you have to drag it on to your item or something? However this is not made clear, an it's a pretty serious issue that you can actually use an item to do literally NOTHING and just throw money away.   The text straight up lies to you and then just destroys it. 

Edited by Kstyle.5829
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

I know, but it also resets your equipped trinkets.

Wtf so it just resets a random thing?  None of mine that are equipped are reset.  Maybe it did some dumb thing and reset one on my bank or something.  It seems like it literally just disappeared and wasted 8 gold. And I only had like 30 gold since I basically just a casual PVPer

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

I know, but it also resets your equipped trinkets.

You are sure about that? 

It's not indicated in either the tooltip or wiki, and I never had this problem the few time I used one.

So OP, just to be clear about the steps :

1 You unequipped the mist trinkets you wanted to reset (only mist trinkets, one of each type max)

2 (Optionnal) You removed all the upgrade in it so they are not destroyed. 

3 You ensured that those were the only mist trinkets in your inventory. (Otherwise, it may have reset those) 

4 You used the mist capacitor

If you did all those step and it didn't reset the trinkets, you encountered a bug and I suggest you send a ticket to the support with what happened and the date and time it happened so they could sort out a solution for you.