Mistform

random.9803

I really think it is about time they did something with mistform ,your lucky enough to down and Elementalist near towers after he has blasted you with his nonsense broken build  and lo and behold he mistforms into the safety of a tower to regen in safety, I believe once downed the option to mistform into a portal should be unavailable. The easy option should be removed imo

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10

Interesting...

lets look it from the other end too then:

You finally get lucky enough and manage to down a ranger/necro with their nonsense broken builds and if you also get downed, since your class is the glassiest glass in the game, from their pets/condis, that they fart like there is no tomorrow, now you are in a down state fight... the necro damages you preventing you from healing yourself WHILE ALSO HEALING HIMSELF at the same time which you can't interrupt by just damaging him back... and the ranger just calls the pet to res him... but you think "that's ok i'll just interrupt the pet healing him" well nice joke cuz ele doesn't even have an interrupt in their down state and even if it did, the pet just instantly starts ressing again without the ranger having to cast the ability again so you have no option but to just use mist form and try to get out of their range but in both cases they already have an advantage on their healing in down state so they just get up before you and kill you...

gotta nerf those necro and ranger down states for sure!

imagine calling for nerfs for one of the weakest down states in the game when it loses to pretty much any other down state and ONLY has advantage in ONE very specific case which can be avoided altogether because newsflash unless you down him right in front of his door mist form more often than not is not gonna be long enough to reach the portal and you kill him anyway...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Ele downstate is broken when near a gate but pathetically useless if in open field or not close enough to a gate.

I'd personally be well up for a rework of ele downstate, but they'd have to change the rest of it, since the others skills are beyond useless - I'd take ranger downstate in a heartbeat!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, psizone.8437 said:

I vote we just remove downstate.

The no downstate events are hilarious, especially when you fight a group that are obviously used to mass reviving downed allies.

If not, a rework of all downstates to make them fairly equal in ability wouldn't be awful.

I vote we just remove upstate.

With everyone constantly being downed, Anet have to balance it.

• Haha 8

7 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

all #2 downed skills are broken and need a rework.

• Revenant: I don't recall seeing one using their #2 skill at all

i have seen it used quite a few times, usually to turn the tide of a fight with a little help from gravity.

as for ele downedstate:

downstate when you are on your own is usually just a delay of the inevitable regardless of profession. the downed state skills matter more when in group fights were someone can help you up if you can delay a stomp.  for this the context of the fight will matter a lot.  in larger group fights repositioning and invulnerable are very strong to ensure you can get rezzed, i would rate here ele > thief > mesmer > rest.   yet in say a 2 vs 2 open field fight the ele downedstate is pretty useless.

being able to mist into towers/keeps i dont really mind as one shouldnt fight right in front of the portal if one doesnt want the target to retreat, as they can teleport inside at any moment while still alive anyway.

Edited by bq pd.2148

1 hour ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Imob? 

Immob works but the time between them going down and you using an immob before they vapour away can be pretty slim.

If Anet swaps ele downstate 2 and 3 so the vapour form has a slight delay before activation it might be more manageable. 

13 minutes ago, psizone.8437 said:

Immob works but the time between them going down and you using an immob before they vapour away can be pretty slim.

If Anet swaps ele downstate 2 and 3 so the vapour form has a slight delay before activation it might be more manageable. 

i think you cannot use skill 3 before a stomp animation finishes thats why skill 2 usually have a way to prevent it, the immob on ele skill 3 wont do the trick.

13 minutes ago, psizone.8437 said:

Yeah. I played Wvw for so many years know, heard commanders say countless times to Imob Eles the moment they go down, putting Imob on a ele is ingrained into my brain at this point. 

It's muscle memory for me. 

11 hours ago, random.9803 said:

I really think it is about time they did something with mistform ,your lucky enough to down and Elementalist near towers after he has blasted you with his nonsense broken build  and lo and behold he mistforms into the safety of a tower to regen in safety, I believe once downed the option to mistform into a portal should be unavailable. The easy option should be removed imo

Simple fix, don't fight outside a gate.

• Like 1

Looks like some teef failed at bullying and didn't get ez bag, welp.
Reality is: 

• you can overload Elementalist with condies before they even see downstate skills on their bar, include immobilize and they're dead for good
  • there are abilities that can hit enemies inside objectives thus denying ress potential if it's solo, not all classes ofc
  • pets and clones can get inside objectives to deny that ress as well
  • Elementalists downed skills are worthless in 99% situation and won't save anyone in open field ever
  • if Elementalist doesn't have stab it can be cc'ed in Vapor Form with skills like "Line of Warding"
  • there are abilities in this game that will kill enemy instantly upon meeting some conditions aka: low hp, getting hit by warriors "Battle Standard"

Did I miss any? Probably yes. For every single Elementalist that gets into objective via Vapor Form, other 20 dies horribly in wild because of busted teefs.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, bq pd.2148 said:

i have seen it used quite a few times, usually to turn the tide of a fight with a little help from gravity.

I swear to Grenth I never seen that skill being used on me. Maybe because we have very few revs?

10 hours ago, bq pd.2148 said:

downstate when you are on your own is usually just a delay of the inevitable regardless of profession. the downed state skills matter more when in group fights were someone can help you up if you can delay a stomp

exactly! In a zerg fight, Ele's #2 is totally unfair, Wars and Guards are useful but with a counterplay, but the rest are totally worthless unless nobody tries to kill you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Exzen.2976 said:

Ele downstate is broken when near a gate

Or in a zerg where all they have to do is mist to the back lines to be revived. We have seen this so many times. 

Totally bogus that a profession played by a developer has an op "get out of death free" ability. 

Edited by Jitters.9401
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

13 minutes ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Or in a zerg where all they have to do is mist to the back lines to be revived. We have seen this so many times. 

Totally bogus that a profession played by a developer has an op "get out of death free" ability. 

This has nothing to do with the quoted developer. And ele spent years being total crap too, everyone is acting like ele has been favoured/op since launch. I think people are forgetting how completely ridiculous/dominant Firebrand and scourge were for YEARS in wvw.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Exzen.2976 said:

This has nothing to do with the quoted developer. And ele spent years being total crap too, everyone is acting like ele has been favoured/op since launch. I think people are forgetting how completely ridiculous/dominant Firebrand and scourge were for YEARS in wvw.

the thing is that incompetent players just search for something to blame but themselves... they hear a rumor that one dev plays ele now ele is on the chopping block even though it's mediocre and there are way more outrageous things out there like thieves, mesmers, rangers, guardians and necros but it is not convenient to blame yourself for your own failures so just blame the class that the dev plays... because obviously it can't be me, it's the dev that is making his own class overpowered... /s

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Exzen.2976 said:

(1) I never said he did it,  but he is 100% taking advantage of it. 

(2) I haven't seen any indication that people have made it appear like ele has been OP since launch. 

(3) I've never had an issue killing Fb or scourge with any of the three classes I have used for wvw. 

Thief was the most fun... incredibly quick work.

(a) Scorpion wire to pull them to me.

(b) Shadow Strike (I traited poison on dual wield)

(c) Repeater from the Shadow Strike.

(d) Scorpion Wire

(e) Shadow Strike

(f) Repeater

(g) Scourge is now dead.

Guaranteed win every time.

• Confused 1