WVW BOTS SITUATION..

Astyro.3910

1 minute ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Behind the windmill or on the hills north of southcamp? That a side, you are seeing bots in the dueling areas? 

They used to hang around north of the south camp. Near the sentry.
Last time I noticed them was 2-3 years ago. Always a duo and not jumping over obstacles, pathfinding was always weird ways around obstacles.

If they have improved they may still use that spot.

3 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

EU or NA? No names, single server or multiple? Haven't seen any NA for a while now. Before it seemed to be a single server. Last time we played them didn't see any so it seemed like they had been tracked down else the software no longer worked. Mileage will vary.

i think we also have golems bots now. EU servers. notice people spawn golems bots everywhere during fights, they do the same thing, golem walks and drop supply traps lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Last time I noticed them was 2-3 years ago. Always a duo and not jumping over obstacles, pathfinding was always weird ways around obstacles.

notice usually around the spawn camps. mostly in ebg.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Lucy.3728 said:

2-3 years ago? ......When was the last time you saw them?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Astyro.3910 said:

i think we also have golems bots now. EU servers. notice people spawn golems bots everywhere during fights, they do the same thing, golem walks and drop supply traps lol

I admit, I am not sure what a golem bot is. Do you mind if I ask to clarify?

• Haha 1

Didn't bot company stopped servicing GW2 some years ago (around right after the time New World was released) because due to the size of the player base it was not profitable enough compared to the work to be done each time there was a patch?
We used to have 2 on our server (they were kind of a local celebrity tbh 😄 ) but i have not seen them since...

• Thanks 2

I was about to call this whole bot thing some kind of joke,then today I saw a jq bot inside stoic doing a scripted rotation of patrolling and sniffing.

Zero deviation from it's path,always jumping on the same spot mounting and sniffing on the same spot and so on for couple hours and gliding to the exact spot.

Guess someone is multiboxing and has set it up to send pms to his other account,most likely shared participation too for extra profit.

• Thanks 3

The first Guild Wars has bots in both PvE and PvP. The most notorious is Random Arenas where those bots will report you for leeching even though you are fighting. The Great Temple of Balthazar has the chat spammed with various gold and item selling sites. I would post a screenshot but at least one of them still services Guild Wars 2. That site sells gold, materials, and Legendary weapons including the Aurene weapons.

In Guild Wars 1, you can mostly ignore these bots but in an open world game like GW2 they will be in your face. If history is any indication then all aspects of Guild Wars 2 will become a botfest once Arenanet moves on to another title.

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2023 at 11:26 AM, Grave.5683 said:

I was about to call this whole bot thing some kind of joke,then today I saw a jq bot inside stoic doing a scripted rotation of patrolling and sniffing.

Zero deviation from it's path,always jumping on the same spot mounting and sniffing on the same spot and so on for couple hours and gliding to the exact spot.

Guess someone is multiboxing and has set it up to send pms to his other account,most likely shared participation too for extra profit.

i wish was a joke friend ;). yeah that's about right, the big problem when they run in zergs is hard to identify the bots but you can notice right away the enemy number double up most of the times.  this things been happening for a long time and Anet just don't do anything about it. well as far I know at least. all we can do is keep send reports....

On 7/26/2023 at 5:02 AM, hugeboss.5432 said:

Bots don't really disrupt the matchups much, so I don't actually have a problem with them really [+usually easy to deal with]. But hackers on the other hand, cause massive disruption to the game & should be constantly monitored & dealt with swiftly.

So if a enemy group of 60  (or 2, also happens often) come to your tier 3 keep to take it and you need to defend against this groups and you lack of 15 players because they are taking up 15 slots and are for sure not gonna come and help out in a fight in a keep. This is not a problem?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

20 hours ago, Leaa.2943 said:

So if a enemy group of 60  (or 2, also happens often) come to your tier 3 keep to take it and you need to defend against this groups and you lack of 15 players because they are taking up 15 slots and are for sure not gonna come and help out in a fight in a keep. This is not a problem?

To be fair and to frame this, you are saying that 25% of your server are bots? Could think of other issues with the 15 but this is a bot thread so won't go OT there.

23 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

To be fair and to frame this, you are saying that 25% of your server are bots? Could think of other issues with the 15 but this is a bot thread so won't go OT there.

Well he could also be saying that he need a 75 man zerg to deal with with the enemy 60 man zerg, since we know the map cap is at least 75 so if they lacked 15 players on a queued map where everyone else is helping that means they also already have around a 60 man zerg. It's a little diffuse scenario. 

Pretty sure it would also be maybe 1 actual bot and 14 players waiting for EBG because they need to hit that EBG zergling high.

14 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Well he could also be saying that he need a 75 man zerg to deal with with the enemy 60 man zerg, since we know the map cap is at least 75 so if they lacked 15 players on a queued map where everyone else is helping that means they also already have around a 60 man zerg. It's a little diffuse scenario. 

Pretty sure it would also be maybe 1 actual bot and 14 players waiting for EBG because they need to hit that EBG zergling high.

Not sure. I agree I have seen bots deployed in the past in WvW, but over the decade its been low in WvW versus other game modes and of limited success. Last one I could ID was years ago, NA wise. Being one of those topics, it makes asking questions harder, to try and help find issues and answers to send in support tickets. It also leaves me wondering is there a difference in issues in EU vs NA. Answers will...have to wait. Sleep calls, I hope.

On 7/28/2023 at 12:27 PM, Astyro.3910 said:

i wish was a joke friend ;). yeah that's about right, the big problem when they run in zergs is hard to identify the bots but you can notice right away the enemy number double up most of the times.  this things been happening for a long time and Anet just don't do anything about it. well as far I know at least. all we can do is keep send reports....

Yea that's right you're in the middle of a fight then another similar size zerg show up boasting another 30-40 fighters. Our keep was getting hit from both sides by 2 zerges that outnumbered our side actively on line, it seemed like a total of 80 players while we were only around 25-30. Not to mention the red-green coalition that comes to each other rescue when the other is in trouble.

Edited by Widebody.5071