Lightning Flash 900range and is not stunbreak.. So much CC, but it does not show in combat log.. ​ 💩 ​

Loke.1429

Compare the following and be disgusted at bs balance (wvw):

Elementalist.
💫 Lightning Flash (35s Recharge time) 
Cantrip. Teleport to target area.
Damage: 80 (0.3)?
Radius: 120
Range: 900

Mechanist.
💩 Shift Signet (40s Recharge time)  
Signet Passive: Increases movement speed. Boons you gain are copied to your mech.
Signet Active: You and your mech shadowstep to the target location. Removes conditions on you and your mech.
Conditions Removed: 2
Movement Speed Increase: 25%
Breaks Stun
Range: 1,200

Guardian.
💩 Judge's Intervention (32s Recharge time)  
Meditation. Teleport to your target and burn nearby foes.
Damage: 27 (0.1)?
Burning (3s): 393 Damage
Number of Targets: 5
Radius: 240
Breaks Stun

Thief.
💩 Infiltrator's Signet (28s Recharge time)
Signet Passive: Regenerates one extra initiative every ten seconds.
Signet Active: Shadowstep to your foe.
Initiative Gain every 10 seconds: 1
Breaks Stun

Mesmer.
💩 Blink (35s Recharge time) 
Manipulation. Teleport to a target location.
Breaks Stun

Et cetera? 🤮

Edited by Loke.1429
  • Like 7
  • Confused 2

Mechanist shift signet is strong but that requires you to play Mechanist. And if you lose against a Mechanist in WvW, I have many questions regarding your own skill.

Infiltrator signet and Judge's intervention require a target to be used, they arent free movement skill.

Mesmer blink is a better version of teleport

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, KrHome.1920 said:

1. Shadowstep is the most overpowered skill in the game and the main reasons people complain about thief since 2012.

yes

2. Core necro would be happy to have a skill like lightning flash.

i always thought that the worm was an issue... imho it should have a 1/4 cast time 

3. Ele doesn't need an escape, it just tanks the blob.

you lost me there... usually it's warriors, revenants and willbenders that literally jump into blobs actually manage to kill something and survive... ele will never do that, it's either manage to kill something and die or get in a blob, not kill anything because to survive you need full tank build + minstrel and maybe survive on the way back... this unwarranted ele hate is getting boring/annoying...

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, RazieL.5684 said:

this unwarranted ele hate is getting boring/annoying...

Haha yes. Mainly by players that have 0 idea how ele works. I was bm'd in wvw recently after being killed by 3 players for "playing ele". After I pointed out that Cata was the op spec and that I was playing power scepter dagger Weaver - he proceded to explain to me that Weaver has perma stab and perma reflect. #facepalm. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Exzen.2976 said:

Haha yes. Mainly by players that have 0 idea how ele works. I was bm'd in wvw recently after being killed by 3 players for "playing ele". After I pointed out that Cata was the op spec and that I was playing power scepter dagger Weaver - he proceded to explain to me that Weaver has perma stab and perma reflect. #facepalm. 

yeah this nonsense with the perma reflects, especially for weaver, is some bs that has been creeping around the silver ranks lately

• Like 1

I'm old enough to remember a nasty little combo elementalist used to do with fresh air and the dagger earth skills. And this was a enabler for that.

I was around when they took the stun break of this skill, been a while but I think was because this was seen as a offensive skill, or at least they wanted it to be like that. That and cantrips were heavy on the stunbreak and they wanted to move it to another skill type.

1 hour ago, BobbyT.7192 said:

I'm old enough to remember a nasty little combo elementalist used to do with fresh air and the dagger earth skills. And this was a enabler for that.

I was around when they took the stun break of this skill, been a while but I think was because this was seen as a offensive skill, or at least they wanted it to be like that. That and cantrips were heavy on the stunbreak and they wanted to move it to another skill type.

Well, Churning Earth has been reworked now and does a fraction of the damageand is no longer a stationary channel skill.

There's little reason to take LF offensively, so really should be looked at for a bit of a rework. 

• Like 1

Soothing Disruption causes all Cantrips to grant Vigor and Regeneration on use.  This was an integral part of cantrip ele, which was a PvP/WvW force for many years.  The nerfs made to Lightning Flash back in 2020 were done under the assumption that Eles were taking Soothing Disruption.  Prior to then, Lightning Flash was sort-of an "everything" button.  Sure, it wasn't a stun break, but that's about all it was lacking.  It was good for avoiding damage, it did O.K. damage itself, it was great for securing big hits, it could be used while stunned to avoid big hits, and it also gave the much needed PvP boon Vigor.  It wasn't until recently that the cooldown reduction was removed from Soothing Disruption.  

The dev's perspective of Lightning Flash is wholly tied to the assumption of Soothing Disruption.  You'd have to reconcile that issue before we'll see any improvements to the skill.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ragnarox.9601 said:

you forget "No path available" in 70% situations for this uber excellent skill with no stunbreak.

This isnt exactly an issue proper to this skill. All teleportation skill can suffer that effect but I highly doubt it is 70% of the time. Having used teleport skill a lot, they sure work very very well on pretty much all terain.

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Soothing Disruption causes all Cantrips to grant Vigor and Regeneration on use.  This was an integral part of cantrip ele, which was a PvP/WvW force for many years.  The nerfs made to Lightning Flash back in 2020 were done under the assumption that Eles were taking Soothing Disruption.  Prior to then, Lightning Flash was sort-of an "everything" button.  Sure, it wasn't a stun break, but that's about all it was lacking.  It was good for avoiding damage, it did O.K. damage itself, it was great for securing big hits, it could be used while stunned to avoid big hits, and it also gave the much needed PvP boon Vigor.  It wasn't until recently that the cooldown reduction was removed from Soothing Disruption.  

The dev's perspective of Lightning Flash is wholly tied to the assumption of Soothing Disruption.  You'd have to reconcile that issue before we'll see any improvements to the skill.  

Soothing disruption in its current form should be no barrier to reviewing LF. Id be surprised if many players even take that trait nowadays. Also Vigor isn't hard to come by - its free on the arcane traitline, on phoenix, fireworks runes etc. The reasons it was held back have all gone. Release the chains anet. #MakeLightningFlashGreatAgain

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It should just get an cdr per target hit at the same time making it have a bigger aoe and hit 3 targets. Most movement skill should act like this there way too many movement skills that reward you for ruining away and not using them aggressively.

• Like 2

On 7/26/2023 at 8:40 AM, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

This isnt exactly an issue proper to this skill. All teleportation skill can suffer that effect but I highly doubt it is 70% of the time. Having used teleport skill a lot, they sure work very very well on pretty much all terain.

You should try that skill in wvw, I dare you. I just wish this skill shared same teleport like thieves shortbow skill. 

Edited by Ragnarox.9601