Graphical and performance issues since last patch?

I've noticed several issues I didn't have before. For a few weeks tops.

-Glitches: Textures bugging out: WvW stairs for instance being invisible, weird black horizontal artefacts appearing on the screen briefly when switching weapons (drawn for instance), my charr's textures being all bugged out, dyes not changing correctly (IN THE CHARACTER PANEL ONLY) when switching templates (might be an older bug)

-Performances/stuttering/frame drops: Also on the performance side, i've noticed stutters that weren't there before, and frame drops/frame pacing issue that annoy the s out of me. I've tried reinstalling properly, options low, high, windowed. I've reinstalled the game properly, no add-ons,  uninstalled and installed  several graphic card drivers, uninstalled windows updated, tried all the settings possible. It happens ONLY in GW2.

No issues on other games.

I run a i7 6700k and a GTX1080. 16GB of RAM.

Anyone else? 😕

Edited by Demeth.5816
  • Like 1

I see a lot of complains about the frame drops and stutter. Am I going crazy or what? I almost don't wanna boot the game anymore, it's really not an pleasant experience.

I've tried everything, it happens ONLY in GW2. I've reinstalled drivers, reinstalled the game completely, tried every graphic settings.

It didn't happen a month ago. 😞

Edited by Demeth.5816
  • Confused 1

It's really hard to make suggestions without going through a frustrating list of questions as to what specifically you tried and what your underlying hardware and configurations are.

As for why it wasn't happening a month ago, vendors are constantly releasing patches and other updates.  The latest Windows update supposedly has some potential issues too.  It could be anything.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Haha 1

I've specifically tried the newest Nvidia driver, cleaned installed an old one, the one I had supposedly around May, no difference 😕

I might look into Windows update then, it's the only thing I haven't tried.

This is only on GW2 though, neither low  intensity games like lol with high fps, nor taxing games with 40ish fps like God of War have this issue. I've also tried with/without g-sync, with/without frame cap, etc etc..

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Demeth.5816 said:

I might look into Windows update then, it's the only thing I haven't tried.

Have you looked at Windows Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling (HAGS)?  That is supposed to take some CPU processing and shove it off to the GPU, but also has been known to cause stuttering too.

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Have you looked at Windows Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling (HAGS)?  That is supposed to take some CPU processing and shove it off to the GPU, but also has been known to cause stuttering too.

That's a good idea but sadly it is disabled and always have been iirc

• Sad 1

when you get graphics issues, you shouldn't upgrade to the latest driver but instead downgrade to a known stable version. this is a bit of misconception that upgrading will fix everything but most of the time it just creates more problems, especially with an older game like this one.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ZerotheFang.5890 said:

yeah I have guildies that have seen the same things I do and they have different graphic cards it's sadly the same as the issue causing jade maw's tentacles to be rainbow colored it has to do with the last patch they need to fix it

You mean the disco tentacles?  That was a bug with a missing texture and got fixed.  Not the same thing.

7 minutes ago, Demeth.5816 said:

It happened at the same time though, iirc

Yea.  The Disco Tentacles came with the July 18th patch and was fixed by July 20th.  Some other NPCs were rendering with missing limbs too.

I had a missing texture on an SMC wall in WvW that time too on my 1080 Ti.  The texture would disappear when I moved the camera.  Haven't seen anything since though and no performance issues (other than the server lagging).

@Demeth.5816 I know your pain, this has been a ongoing issue since early february for me, read my posts about it, still has not been fixed, after 2 hours the game starts to show signs of microstuttering with everything you do, from running, mount movement, combat, its a engine issue with DX11, never had any issues before February, Tried everything there is and stopped giving a kitten about the game, also tried contacting support which just got reanswered by a bot with GW2 does not support W11, so i tried W10 same kitten different day 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Melody.8123 said:

@Demeth.5816 I know your pain, this has been a ongoing issue since early february for me, read my posts about it, still has not been fixed, after 2 hours the game starts to show signs of microstuttering with everything you do, from running, mount movement, combat, its a engine issue with DX11, never had any issues before February, Tried everything there is and stopped giving a kitten about the game, also tried contacting support which just got reanswered by a bot with GW2 does not support W11, so i tried W10 same kitten different day 🙂

I just checked your post and someone has the absolute same issue as me, from artifacts when swapping weapons to stutters when opening hero panel and overall microstutters. I knew it wasn't my pc! What did they change that it messed up the technical side of it 😞 I'm playing less and less because I can't stomach it anymore it really bothers me 

While entering the north gate of SMC I noticed that the gate was in a perpetual state of exploding. No one else seemed to notice when I called it out or just didn't care to answer since a big battle was in progress. Don't know how long it lasted but I stayed in the area a few of minutes taking on stragglers trying to rush in and the animation was still going on.

Of course I reported it.

Edited by Widebody.5071

1 hour ago, Widebody.5071 said:

While entering the north gate of SMC I noticed that the gate was in a perpetual state of exploding. No one else seemed to notice when I called it out or just didn't care to answer since a big battle was in progress. Don't know how long it lasted but I stayed in the area a few of minutes taking on stragglers trying to rush in and the animation was still going on.

Of course I reported it.

You mean like this?  If so, that's a really, really old bug.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/26/2023 at 1:04 AM, Demeth.5816 said:

I've noticed several issues I didn't have before. For a few weeks tops.

-Glitches: Textures bugging out: WvW stairs for instance being invisible, weird black horizontal artefacts appearing on the screen briefly when switching weapons (drawn for instance), my charr's textures being all bugged out, dyes not changing correctly (IN THE CHARACTER PANEL ONLY) when switching templates (might be an older bug)

-Performances/stuttering/frame drops: Also on the performance side, i've noticed stutters that weren't there before, and frame drops/frame pacing issue that annoy the s out of me. I've tried reinstalling properly, options low, high, windowed. I've reinstalled the game properly, no add-ons,  uninstalled and installed  several graphic card drivers, uninstalled windows updated, tried all the settings possible. It happens ONLY in GW2.

No issues on other games.

I run a i7 6700k and a GTX1080. 16GB of RAM.

Anyone else? 😕

Kinda same here. Since last patch/festival i noticed stuttering/frame stall when u drop down to lets say Bandit area in the festival arena. Also noticed Moas not rendering lets say in W6 lamp room. 

All drivers and everyhing is up to date and other games have no issues so yeah, i guess they broke somethin with last patch. Clearing gw2 cache or clearing directX shader cache wont help either.

Edited by Carnifex.3275
  • Sad 1