Unpopulare opinion ...... this PvP as it Stands now is absolute garbage

Myror.7521

On 7/26/2023 at 5:10 AM, Myror.7521 said:

As title Said. I can not enjoy PvP anymore. The Meta is full of omega AoE spamy dump kitten. Even while you might want to Play Builds that would actually need brain to be good Played. They all end up been ways underperforming. Yes this meta got the most diverse of  Builds/Classes. But i feel like litterly every single one of them relies on something spamy/broken. Please do something against this kitten A-Net! Its not even funny and it makes (at least me) peops quit the gamemode.

"The loss of The Holy Trinity: Identity/Roles Is The Greatest Defeat Of Guild Wars 2"

When Anet  intentionally attacked the deep roots of The Holy Trinity; they also attacked the life and meaning of Guild Wars

Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow Are The Continuing Consequences of Anet Actions

--Mark Guild Wars (1) The Last Guild Wars-- Guild Wars 2 Dead

"You Can't Kill What Is Already Dead"

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Batalix.2873 said:

The fact that you advocate for restoring rifle AA and removing Mechanical Genius without proposing any counterbalance completely invalidates this in any mode.

To the point before it was buffed. A point which it sat for several years and not only did it not overperform. It was considered weak. 

As I pointed out in my previous post. Anet recognized rifle was weak. Overbuffed it, and turned the auto into three round burst. Then nerfed down to a state weaker than where it began. I am not asking for the old overperforming three round burst damage back. I am asking for Hip Shot's damage back. 

Mechaical Genius on the other hand is not only unecessary, it's poorly designed. This is is a passive that is designed to make mech harder to play in PvE, and it's argubaly bad at it's job there. 

In PvP it straight up encourages the player to play poorly. This should never be the case for any class mechanic. Period. 

10 hours ago, Batalix.2873 said:

I would be fine with both, provided Mechanist lost ALL access to weaponskills. No class should have two sources of simultaneous and sizeable ranged AA damage. -Mech *is* Mechanist's weapon, it should be using *that* more and not *need* a weapon. Design should have always leaned into that instead of letting lazy Mech players afk at 1200 range.

In that case, remove Bristleback from the game. Bunker Druids should not be abusing this hard hitting pet while also doing decent ranged damgae themselves. Especially bunker druids running axe and stacking might on both themselves and their pet. 

...No, obviously this is a bad point. There are contexts under which having two simultanous sources of damage is balanced. Anet has done a good job of both toning down the bot's damage via other nerfs (The bot no longer fires Aim-Assisted Rockets for example. This was a significant drop in pressure). They also made the jade mech ignificantly squishier and easier to deal with. 

Even if Anet implimented these changes the Rifle Mech build would still be nowhere near as good as it was at it's peak, and it was arguably only good in lower ranks even at said peak.

You're thinking of Mech in a PvE context where the ability to sit at 1200 range and maintain uptime on a static raid boss is a massive advantage. In PvP, Mechanist is incredibly squishy, vulnerable to conditions, easily countered by projectile hate and LoS, rendered temporarily useless by a good tempest, easily bulliable by mobile specs like Herald and Willbender. Ect. Ect. All weaknesses which keep this build in check and should act as sufficient counterbalance. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 6

On 8/4/2023 at 5:46 PM, thc enjoyer.4976 said:

You can't be mad at the players, be mad at the devs and the decisions made that led to a barren wasteland of a pvp lobby. 

Why not? They aren't free from consequence, especially when they capitalize off the inaction of uncaring devs.

This isn't Portland or San Francisco Online, people are still responsible for and deserve to be held accountable for TOS violations that contribute greatly to the state of things, pushing away dedicated vet players.

If you owned a store and someone robbed that store, would you blame the thief for stealing or society for creating them? We're Gw2 players, of course we're going to blame the thief.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2023 at 2:31 AM, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

If you owned a store and someone robbed that store, would you blame the thief for stealing or society for creating them? We're Gw2 players, of course we're going to blame the thief.

*two days later*

"... wait a minute-"

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Haha 2