"Near Impossible to Get" Guild Decoration Currency - Mordremoth's Bane Guild Decoration

I love decorating my guild hall in GW2 but found some items are behind a huge paywall making them nearly impossible to get.

In order to purchase Deluxe Charr Copter, Deluxe Vine Wall, and Deluxe Wyvern Trophy as a guild decoration, I need Mordremoth's Bane Guild Decoration. 

According to the Wiki, this item is acquired from the Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns - Deluxe Upgrade which was introduced in 2015. It currently sells for 2400 gems (which I think is roughly the price of HoT+PoF today). Buying (one instance of) all three  guild decorations would be approximately $10 cheaper than Elder Dragon Saga Complete Edition with 3 GW2 expansions and LW2-5 (currently $99.99 or 8000 gems).

Unless I am missing something, can we all agree this item shouldn't be behind a 2400 gem paywall for each (one) guild decoration and that there should be an in-game method of purchasing this guild decoration?

Has anyone purchased the Deluxe Upgrade recently and is it still a popular purchase amongst GW2 players? 

Let me know if you agree or disagree or if you've purchased the HoT Deluxe Package recently. I appreciate any feedback from the GW2 community!

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The price is higher than I would be willing to pay, but that may be more a matter of my lack of interest in GH decorations than anything else because I dont have a problem with that price point for things that do interest me.

Have you considered asking guildies for donations for the hall? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Have you considered asking guildies for donations for the hall? 

What would you donate, gold to convert to gems? It sounds like it is not a kp trophy or randomly acquired materials it is something that is only obtainable for cash or premium currency.

I dont decorate guild halls but it would be nice if you could do more than throw gold/$ at it for sure. 

That decoration was just part of the bonus of buying the deluxe edition of hot, just like the magical lights emote will be locked behind the soo deluxe 'paywall'. As mentioned, if you don't want to pay that price don't buy it, but there's no reason players who were willing to pay should have their purchase devalued for your benefit . . .

As far as my willingness to buy it that would be a meh. I'd spend on that before cosmetics, but it would be pretty far down my list. I did buy the deluxe vanilla with gold to gems and that had some nice benefits, def don't regret it. So maybe one day . . .

3 hours ago, Kabuto.2093 said:

What would you donate, gold to convert to gems? It sounds like it is not a kp trophy or randomly acquired materials it is something that is only obtainable for cash or premium currency.

I dont decorate guild halls but it would be nice if you could do more than throw gold/$ at it for sure. 

If it can be purchased (I thought that was mentioned in the OP) for gems then getting donations of gold from guild members to convert to gems might work.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

If it can be purchased (I thought that was mentioned in the OP) for gems then getting donations of gold from guild members to convert to gems might work.

You're not wrong! You could get donations to purchase this item. If I wanted to buy one of each (three in total), it would cost 7200gems = 2600g. Heaven forbid you want multiple decorations!

My complaint is that in order to acquire this item I need to find people who have recently bought HoT Deluxe or I would need to re-buy the expansion over and over again which is kind of silly.

3 hours ago, Gop.8713 said:

That decoration was just part of the bonus of buying the deluxe edition of hot, just like the magical lights emote will be locked behind the soo deluxe 'paywall'. As mentioned, if you don't want to pay that price don't buy it, but there's no reason players who were willing to pay should have their purchase devalued for your benefit . . .

As far as my willingness to buy it that would be a meh. I'd spend on that before cosmetics, but it would be pretty far down my list. I did buy the deluxe vanilla with gold to gems and that had some nice benefits, def don't regret it. So maybe one day . . .

I appreciate your comment and I also completely agree with what you are saying! I checked all the other Deluxe Upgrades and they all include account bound skins or outfits, etc. You're magical lights emote is a rare skin and so it makes sense to be part of a deluxe (unique) package. The item I am talking about gives you the ability to purchase one decoration for one guild of your choice. Imagine you need to pay 800 gems for each time you wanted to use the emote lol. It's goofy.

Unfortunately, I do not want to pay the price, hence I will not buy it. I'm not asking Anet to "devalue" for my benefit -- players who were willing to pay $75 in 2015 have already had their purchase "devalued" as the cost of the HoT Deluxe Upgrade is now $30. It's normal for items to be "devalued" since it has been like 8 years! However, since this item is for a guild decoration (one time use) for one guild, I am hoping there is some consideration of separating this from the HoT Deluxe Upgrade. Note, ALL other single-use items in Deluxe packages can be purchased individually excluding the Mordremoth's Bane Guild Decoration.

This item was part of one of the first Deluxe Upgrades and was just poorly packaged in my opinion. I hope Anet reconsiders this item.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, BrainDeadMonkey.7269 said:

You're not wrong! You could get donations to purchase this item. If I wanted to buy one of each (three in total), it would cost 7200gems = 2600g. Heaven forbid you want multiple decorations!

I don't think you can buy the HoT upgrade more than once per account. 😉 So either three members buy is separately, each choosing one of the three mentioned decorations, or you get only one of them. I got the vine wall for my GH.

• Confused 1

Yeah I think the idea was probably that there are only three decorations, and typically a lot more than three ppls in a guild. Even considering that not everyone buys the deluxe edition, and obvs many ppls are in more than one guild, there were probably a surplus of those going around at launch . . .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1