wsr

gashen.3874

it,s 10.00am saturday morning and wsr have just taken stonemist castle, so thats another week ruined.

last week it was fow  and that went the same way. when are anet going to realise that we do,nt all enjoy fighting lost causes and running around like headless chickens

i,m sure with a bit of will and a little effort you cold sort this mess out. SOME HOPE

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2

You're in first week/match-up after Re-Link. When all teams are shuffled around, and all match-ups are entirely random.

In a couple of weeks, the servers will have won/lost until they're in Tiers with other mostly similar Worlds.

It's a bit premature to complain about population balance before the Worlds gotten into somewhat decent tiers. And even then there's so many variables like play time, coverage, fair weathers etc, that you'll probably never see a "fair match" at any given moment.

• Like 3

stick to your name you might have more success like that, i mean that overpopulated   servers such as wsr and fow                  are ruining the game,i have just come off ebg and there are 5 people on seafarers rest trying to beat vastly superior numbers. until anet change how wvw runs add functions it will never change, there is just no balance its like pizzing in the wind

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, gashen.3874 said:

stick to your name you might have more success like that, i mean that overpopulated   servers such as wsr and fow                  are ruining the game,i have just come off ebg and there are 5 people on seafarers rest trying to beat vastly superior numbers. until anet change how wvw runs add functions it will never change, there is just no balance its like pizzing in the wind

You're a full server that just got stacked with blob guilds from Piken, what do you mean? How is this anets fault that your players refuse to play the game when it gets a little hard? L2P.

Edited by Absurd.2947
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, gashen.3874 said:

it,s 10.00am saturday morning and wsr have just taken stonemist castle, so thats another week ruined.

last week it was fow  and that went the same way. when are anet going to realise that we do,nt all enjoy fighting lost causes and running around like headless chickens

i,m sure with a bit of will and a little effort you cold sort this mess out. SOME HOPE

For those of us NA, I think this is one of those differences in regions. Mind explaining? I do admit, due to some of these differences I do wish there was a data center between where we could have been better mixed together without vast latency issues. 

Hope, your hope is the WR project. The when, sorry don't know on that front.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

For those of us NA, I think this is one of those differences in regions. Mind explaining?

EU player here, I don't get it either. SM gets flipped all the time.

I think it's more of a SFR being disorganised thing since they've just gotten an influx of new players and things haven't settled yet.

WSR and Underworld seem like a pretty fair matchup for T1

• Confused 1

Just now, psizone.8437 said:

EU player here, I don't get it either. SM gets flipped all the time.

I think it's more of a SFR being disorganised thing since they've just gotten an influx of new players and things haven't settled yet.

WSR and Underworld seem like a pretty fair matchup for T1

Looking at scoring via the sites, it may also be one of those where the three way server system isn't working as intended. The WR project won't solve when 1&2 jump the third especially when 1 is constant and 2&3 trade spots over skirms. That's where scoring and end of week may come more into play more than the WR project. Rule 2, if in question, attack the side that holds SMC. Rule 22, double teaming the side that holds SMC is fair.

2 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:
9 hours ago, gashen.3874 said:

For those of us NA, I think this is one of those differences in regions. Mind explaining? I do admit, due to some of these differences I do wish there was a data center between where we could have been better mixed together without vast latency issues. 

Hope, your hope is the WR project. The when, sorry don't know on that front.

In EU there are multiple previously empty servers that were filled with transfers (FoW, RoS and WSR). They were literally tier 9 servers of the past.

Since they are all transfers, they can easily outnumber and outskill enemy in EB since enemy servers will easily have 30-40 casuals or PvE pugs farming pips that would never care about WvW enough to spend gems to transfers. Lot of these casuals will just get max participation and go afk.

Also since SM gives significant combat advantage (Objective auras, Tactivators, Respawn, Siege, Lord, Stealth Fountain, First Engage), they can hold it all day and enemy commanders will typically be stupid enough to go feed them there. This ensures they also keep their activity high between tags and makes it hard for enemy tags to build numbers.

They aren't better WvW players but just have more WvW players on the map before it gets full. Of course most residents of these worlds don't understand why those servers feel so much easier to play in. Since GW2 is mostly PvE players, new players aren't distributed equally but choose server where their PvE friend is, so the high PvE populated servers.

Think of it as there being 3 Maguumas on EU but they'll play around 13 hours a day just hanging around SM with 30-60 people depending on timezone.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

In EU there are multiple previously empty servers that were filled with transfers (FoW, RoS and WSR). They were literally tier 9 servers of the past.

Since they are all transfers, they can easily outnumber and outskill enemy in EB since enemy servers will easily have 30-40 casuals or PvE pugs farming pips that would never care about WvW enough to spend gems to transfers. Lot of these casuals will just get max participation and go afk.

Also since SM gives significant combat advantage (Objective auras, Tactivators, Respawn, Siege, Lord, Stealth Fountain, First Engage), they can hold it all day and enemy commanders will typically be stupid enough to go feed them there. This ensures they also keep their activity high between tags and makes it hard for enemy tags to build numbers.

They aren't better WvW players but just have more WvW players on the map before it gets full. Of course most residents of these worlds don't understand why those servers feel so much easier to play in. Since GW2 is mostly PvE players, new players aren't distributed equally but choose server where their PvE friend is, so the high PvE populated servers.

Think of it as there being 3 Maguumas on EU but they'll play around 13 hours a day just hanging around SM with 30-60 people depending on timezone.

Riba, I appreciate the insight. I admit, one should never post at 4 AM so will use that to rethink the OP's posting. I will have to also temper my replies considering not everyone enjoys the games within the games that can occur. Some people don't like to play some servers. Some, do. This week and last, its been like old times and its been a blast, especially when you can encourage people to make bad decisions. 🙂 I appreciate the extra insight, and rambling aside, hope your bags are full my friend and as always I hope you have good hunting!