Guardian Willbender class help

Dark Viper.2378

Ok so, I am really confused with a couple of stuff and there is no guide that is giving a straight answer, I know I have 3 virtues, but guardian has other passives that I just dont understand, can someone please give me details about those passives

(side question if u want to help, what website do u guys use for meta builds, im going Greatsword and sword/shield but i feel like thats not optimal, maybe something ranged for secondary weapon with greatsword?)

1 hour ago, Dark Viper.2378 said:

Ok so, I am really confused with a couple of stuff and there is no guide that is giving a straight answer, I know I have 3 virtues, but guardian has other passives that I just dont understand, can someone please give me details about those passives

(side question if u want to help, what website do u guys use for meta builds, im going Greatsword and sword/shield but i feel like thats not optimal, maybe something ranged for secondary weapon with greatsword?)

Greatsword have a leap (finisher which you can use on combo fields) and Sword have a 600 range teleport to target.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Greatsword#Guardian

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sword#Guardian

I would recommend to read up on wiki about all skills, traits and Gaurdian and Willbender on wiki.

Passives I would suspect you mean boons and conditions as those will be depending on what attributes you have on you armour, weapon and consumables (like food and nourishments). For Power build you would usually want Power, Precision and Ferocity to have high strike damage. On condition builds you would want high condition damage, long duration from expertise ans high Vitality (increase in HP, so have time get as much condition on target and wait until targets HP drop or get into downstate).  

Runes (upgrades on armour with 6th bonus that adds some special effects or increase other attributes) and Sigils on weapon also adds more damage or can be defensive like 3 condition removals on  weapon swap and Virtues (Guardians professional skills incl WB) counts as weapon swap for this type of sigils.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attribute_combinations

The main damage type from condition on Guardian, Firebrand and Willbender is fire. It have the highest condition damage that is close to strike damage (power based).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune

Rune of Baltazar is a good start on armour and duration increase for condition on weapon for fire damage (Malice or Smoldering).

There are different builds that are popular, but it is always best to self learn what is good or not so good depending on content you want to play. Remember that patches can also have impact on what build that is considered meta. Don't copy paste build that aren't made or have been updated after last patch.

Build Editor is rather good tool to see what kind of attributes you will get when you combine attributes (but it is only a tool to see what base numbers you can get - you need to test it on Golems that you can find in Lion's Arch Aerodrome (where raiders meet to go different places for doing raids). 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lion's_Arch_Aerodrome

EDIT:
As for Virtues those have an active (when you press key to activate that skill) and a passive which will be working in back ground (for Virtue of Justice it will do burn damage on target after a number of hits have been done: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Virtue_of_Justice#Willbender) until you use the active skill of that Virtue. There are traits which make Virtues keep the passive part active even when you use the active skill.

As an example if you use Virtue of Justice (default key bind: F1), then

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437
  • Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 5:57 PM, Dark Viper.2378 said:

Okay, for willbenders, they don't have passives anymore. Instead, whenever you use your virtue it grant you a buff which works like ordinary guardian passives. So for example, your Rushing Justice (F1) after you activated the virtue, now your hits will burn foes after certain amount of hits (5 times), other virtues will also have their effect triggered by amount of hits you do. Flowing Resolve (F2) Will heal you when you hit for certain amount of hits. Crashing Courage (F3) will grant you aegis and stability when you hit foes for certain amount of hits. And this will work really well against multiple foes.

If you're asking about normal virtues passives guardians have. Justice (F1), your attack will burn foes after certain amount of hits. Resolve (F2), you will regenerate health. Courage (F3), you will periodically gain Aegis. Whenever you activated your virtue, you will lose your passive effect until it fully recharges (This is also true for signets).

As for meta builds, you can check metabattle.com they have lots of builds for many game modes. Or snowcrows.com for exclusively for raids, I believe there are more sites, but these are the ones I know.

Also for willbenders, meta weapon set would be greatsword and sword/focus for power, and if you're condi, sword/torch  and scepter (You can leave the offhand empty for your scepter slot).