Hot Take: Warrior should just be removed from the game if it's going to remain Unsupported to this level.

FellFalls.3750

See above ^

Ideally again: They just hire someone who knows, and gives a kitten about making Warrior fun / good. But failing that I legit just rather it be removed so the marginal development time of designing band-aid weapons can go elsewhere. This is not sarcasm, I'm serious.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Fixing Warrior is simply to much work at this point. 

Over half the traits on Core needs to be changed. 

The only weapons that I consider good are Mh dagger and both axes. The rest need changes. 

"looks at utility skills* ☠️

Spellbreaker is over nerved. 

Berserker needs it's entire class mechanic reworked if it ever wants to be usable as other classes. 

Bladesworn should not even exist. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 5

@DanAlcedo.3281 thats not entirely true. The trueth is. Warrior sucks only in terms of PvP (mainly cause its a melee Fighter not allowed to deal good amount of dmg). In PvE however this class is totaly fine while you know what you are doing. Only some QoL fixes are needed there. Since A-Net do not rly care about PvP they might never fix this Problem..... sad but true^^

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Myror.7521 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 thats not entirely true. The trueth is. Warrior sucks only in terms of PvP (mainly cause its a melee Fighter not allowed to deal good amount of dmg). In PvE however this class is totaly fine while you know what you are doing. Only some QoL fixes are needed there. Since A-Net do not rly care about PvP they might never fix this Problem..... sad but true^^

If I could, I would make a balance patch for Warrior alone that's bigger then normal balance patches. 

😅

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

If an entire game mode is painful to play for a profession, its probably not the gamemodes fault.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

Correct.

3 hours ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

If an entire game mode is painful to play for a profession, its probably not the gamemodes fault.

No, it's the gamemode. the skills that hit have been normalized to not do enough damage or, if they do hit, their benefits on hit have been normalized. 

I'm completely fine making my way into someone's face if I can hit them like a truck once I get there, but somewhere along the line the incessant nagging of the people going "nyooo downt hit me two hawrd u-u" got to the devs and they haven't sorted out where the line between "you get mocked if you get hit by/go down to this" and "This has no excuse hitting this hard/being this tanky" is. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

It depends on how you view PVE balance. Warrior has at least one amazing PVE DPS build (Spellbreaker) but the other 2 especs jump through far more hoops with more caveats than the overwhelming majority of other specs. Not to mention the entire defensive/support (read: healer, and also Quickness since Berserker sucks to play) side of the game is practically unavailable to Warrior.

Well you should see mesmer.

Jokes aside a lot of the weapons need to be reworked and bladesworn as a whole needs an overhaul. (DT is a nice concept but the traits, skills, and weapon needs to be reworked so you might as well change DT too)

Spellbreaker using hammer was meta in spvp not too long ago, and berserker is not unusable tho.

• Like 2

@Jzaku.9765 actually im mainly playing Berserker right now. It shines in an easier rotation with high instant DPS. Meanwhile Spellbraker is solid dps with high CC and boon remove. Bladesworn on the other hand it good against targeds with relative low life since it get reaaaaly high dmg  in short timewindow.

So what we could say is warrior is Specialized into doing dmg against specialy bosses and Situations.

warrior is fundamentally flawed

and everything is designed around flawed class mechanic, which make it basically impossible to fix at this point.

unless the entire class gets a redesign

pretty sure herald was supposed to be a warrior elite spec, but while fixing warrior's flawed design with standardized energy regeneration and 50% standard energy starting point, they just decided to make another class instead, which is why they designed core rev from herald, and not herald from core rev..

imagine a mechanic with an energy bar that can be filled by hitting enemy and every weapon literally have different hit rate and attack speed, how to even balance this mechanic with all these weapons and all kind of crap that's related to said mechanic

like warrior is the only class that is unable to execute it's main class mechanic without being in combat, that is also 70% of warrior's effectiveness, which is crazy

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 8/3/2023 at 8:13 PM, Lighter.5631 said:

warrior is fundamentally flawed

and everything is designed around flawed class mechanic, which make it basically impossible to fix at this point.

imagine a mechanic with an energy bar that can be filled by hitting enemy and every weapon literally have different hit rate and attack speed, how to even balance this mechanic with all these weapons and all kind of crap that's related to said mechanic

like warrior is the only class that is unable to execute it's main class mechanic without being in combat, that is also 70% of warrior's effectiveness, which is crazy

I do agree core Rev was designed w/ herald in mind. (Obviously since they were in development at the same time.

I don't agree that Rev was going to be a warrior rework.

I do 1000% agree with this tho ^. I don't think it's impossible to fix. I just don't think they care to. As sad as that is to say.

Making Fast Hands baseline & adding 2ndary burst skills, (depending on your 2h weapon or 2nd weapon set) or literally anything else that you could do with your adrenaline based on your e spec or core would be great easy starting steps. Guess it's just not a priority.

• Like 2

@GoldSilva.8950 I think warr would actually be pretty easy to fix but sadly A-Net did not want to. Best example was the one use not on hit Idea. They mentioned Adrenaline health and berserkers Power will proc on use not on hit but they changed their mind for idk No real reason and not gain it a try with the said Patch xd

No for real. some things should actually proc on Skill use and not only on hit. This would be a hughe QoL change for warr. For example Berserk uptime. Why not make it gain +X seconds longer duration for Berserk mode on rage skill use. This alone would be actually good. (But also making going on and off Berserk baseline)

Edited by Myror.7521

On 8/3/2023 at 2:43 PM, Infinity.2876 said:

Jokes aside a lot of the weapons need to be reworked and bladesworn as a whole needs an overhaul. (DT is a nice concept but the traits, skills, and weapon needs to be reworked so you might as well change DT too)

If they overhaul Bladesworn like people are asking in this thread, I fear it will...be exactly like every other spec in the game thus I probably won't play it.

I don't know if you've notice, but this is a pattern in this game. Sometimes you just have to let people have the thing they like and if you don't, move on to something else.

LoL the crappy thing is, I know they are eventually going to cave to you guys. Anyone who enjoys just playing BS now will just have to suck it up. *Oh, now you can walk and dodge while using dragon trigger and here, you can use core bursts outside of DT... And you don't even have to charge DT, you just click it... We'll have to nerf the damage/effects and put a shared 10sec cooldown on them... And hay, well just toss the gun saber in the trash, you just click f2-4 for different dragon trigger bursts. We'll have to take all these other effects away like the aegis and stuff but it'll be soooo streamlined.*

Just put daring dragon back and leave it alone. I'm actually enjoying the game.

Edited by Leo G.4501
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

But how else can you play GW2 on hard mode besides playing the games weakest class that once had unique features that Anet decided to nerf and remove with three elite specs that all are dps with one literally preventing movement? 

GW2 Warrior, the game on hard mode. I still stand by my stance that the last time Warrior was good was at launch, when I played Warrior and was hooked into this class. 😛 Every time I pop my head back in its amazing to see how things have actually managed to get worse. Like you think "surely they are done basically removing Warrior from the game" but nope, they still come up with new ways to screw Warriors over. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Leo G.4501 said:

If they overhaul Bladesworn like people are asking in this thread, I fear it will...be exactly like every other spec in the game thus I probably won't play it.

I don't know if you've notice, but this is a pattern in this game. Sometimes you just have to let people have the thing they like and if you don't, move on to something else.

LoL the crappy thing is, I know they are eventually going to cave to you guys. Anyone who enjoys just playing BS now will just have to suck it up. *Oh, now you can walk and dodge while using dragon trigger and here, you can use core bursts outside of DT... And you don't even have to charge DT, you just click it... We'll have to nerf the damage/effects and put a shared 10sec cooldown on them... And hay, well just toss the gun saber in the trash, you just click f2-4 for different dragon trigger bursts. We'll have to take all these other effects away like the aegis and stuff but it'll be soooo streamlined.*

Just put daring dragon back and leave it alone. I'm actually enjoying the game.

FWIW: Gunblade being on F1 is fine, but removal of weapon swap is what needs to be changed. Though Gunblade itself is still in a wierd spot. The ranged components are cool, but the added aftercasts are bad. They also need to tweak the damage on it more as well.

DT as a mechanic is bad. The 2.5s self root that you cannot move during that requires a resource to access so that you can charge another resource is bad design.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

FWIW: Gunblade being on F1 is fine, but removal of weapon swap is what needs to be changed. Though Gunblade itself is still in a wierd spot. The ranged components are cool, but the added aftercasts are bad. They also need to tweak the damage on it more as well.

DT as a mechanic is bad. The 2.5s self root that you cannot move during that requires a resource to access so that you can charge another resource is bad design.

I'm just saying, I'm tired of them "reworking" specs. I'm tired of them pulling the rug out of current builds to homogenize skills and traits over and over to the point the thing doesn't resemble what it was. Amend to specs? Sure. Rework? At this point, it's not going to change tides to get people to play it while also alienating the players that may already enjoy the spec or have adapted to it. Ultimately, you're not going to ever get a "clean" rework that is just good. You're only ever going to trade bad mechanics for other bad mechanics, or worse, mediocre mechanics that neither impress or entrance players.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Leo G.4501 said:

I'm just saying, I'm tired of them "reworking" specs. I'm tired of them pulling the rug out of current builds to homogenize skills and traits over and over to the point the thing doesn't resemble what it was. Amend to specs? Sure. Rework? At this point, it's not going to change tides to get people to play it while also alienating the players that may already enjoy the spec or have adapted to it. Ultimately, you're not going to ever get a "clean" rework that is just good. You're only ever going to trade bad mechanics for other bad mechanics, or worse, mediocre mechanics that neither impress or entrance players.

And I'm tired of Warrior being treated like an afterthought. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

They should rework adrenaline decay.  Atm it decays almost instantly after being out of combat. What if it didn't decay? What if it would be set to 0 only on a map switch, waypoint use, and resurrection/rally? 

It's annoying in PvE, can't get to another mob before adrenaline is lost, can't really get any usage of Adrenaline Mushroom...

Imagine just being able to use Signet of Fury and just have full adrenaline out of combat. 
I would be okay even if it wouldn't last permanently but if it would start decaying after like 30 or 20 seconds, hell, even 10 seconds would feel like heaven at this point.

On 8/3/2023 at 5:42 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Correct.

No, it's the gamemode. the skills that hit have been normalized to not do enough damage or, if they do hit, their benefits on hit have been normalized. 

I'm completely fine making my way into someone's face if I can hit them like a truck once I get there, but somewhere along the line the incessant nagging of the people going "nyooo downt hit me two hawrd u-u" got to the devs and they haven't sorted out where the line between "you get mocked if you get hit by/go down to this" and "This has no excuse hitting this hard/being this tanky" is. 

You know what, your right.

But with the current itteration of warrior, the only thing they can do is bump up the numbers (as we've seen with the neutered arc divider in PVE) to make it competetive. And if that keeps happening the baby kitten crying is going to increase exponentially. No one likes playing against a stat check.

They could return damage to CC attacks, that would be a nice start in my eyes.
For example:

-Backbreaker, the skill where you litteraly hit someone so hard they stay down for a good 3 seconds, does no damage.
-Earthbreaker, the skill where you throw yourself with all your might on someone, shattering the earth with the sheer force of the blow, does no damage.

Its absurd...