Just dinged 80 on my soulbeast

Hello everyone, 

My first character is a soulbeast and he is 80 now. I like to PvP a lot and my go to character is weaver. But the problem is I was thinking I finish the first story plus living world season 1 and 2 and then continue with the story on my weaver. But the weaver must be lvl 80 correct? Also I need to start all over? How do you guys do? Do you have your main and play on other characters? I feel that soulbeast is too easy for me I like the complexity with weaver. 

any tips is much appreciated. 

• Confused 1

The story in GW2 is kind of like a TV show, or a series of movies. There is a continuous narrative that runs between them - the events of previous stories affect the newer one and characters will reappear and will reference previous activities, but functionally they're seperate and the game will not force you to play them all in order, just like how you can start watching a TV show with season 2 if you want to.

Your weaver does need to be level 80 to do anything except their personal story (which starts at level 10) but they do not have to have played previous storylines. They can go straight into Heart of Thorns (which is the next one after Season 2). All the characters will talk as if they completed the events of the personal story, Season 1 and Season 2. (That would happen even if you hadn't played it - if you start Path of Fire they'll act like you completed HoT and Season 3 as well.)

Oh, you will also be able to go back and play the stories you missed later on, you won't be locked out of anything by skipping ahead.

Whether you want to do that or not is up to you. I know one person who has 9 characters who all look the same and have similar names and he pretends they're all the same character and just changes professions, so he's got no problem with changing between them for different storylines. Other people like to repeat the whole story on each of their characters. I think a lot of people do just play whichever they feel like, and at least some skip the story entirely.

By the way you might like untamed. It's not as complicated as weaver, but more than soulbeast and it's got a similar mechanic of regularly switching between skill sets.

• Like 1