Thiefs abusing stoic and tower glitch

Random dude.5089

1 hour ago, Random dude.5089 said:

your bringing no valuable to the conversation brother , also your new on this forum session looks like , your probably got bored of wvw cause of the hackers and bug abusers and wanna act as the knowledgeable guy who knows it all and  is too good at the game that bugs ain't gonna impact his gameplay , just stay away from forums please , your encouraging bug abuse ,  a bit obnoxious.

I didn't find suggestions for nerfing or removing thief portal as a fix for terrain pathing bugs too valuable either. All its done is generate predictable conversation around how to counter the portal. How about suggestions for getting the exploit fixed instead?

43 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I didn't find suggestions for nerfing or removing thief portal as a fix for terrain pathing bugs too valuable either. All its done is generate predictable conversation around how to counter the portal. How about suggestions for getting the exploit fixed instead?

if your in depths with coding and bug fixing , then go ahead , i mean i don't know ? i play video games not design them , its not my job to do bug fix , and since it was never fixed , even tho its obvious that they already know about this , cause the stoic and some towers and the air keep glitch was in the game for more than a year , i didn't play before that so i wouldn't assume it was more than this , but either its not fixable so i suggested this ideas since  thiefs  will struggle to take t 3 towers with iron hide if they glitch in alone so we can react to it at least , rather than teleporting the whole blob that is gonna take the boss down in about a minute before we even open our minimap and check for contested areas , so removing the portal will make only thiefs be able to take down turrets which is hard for most of them , since all of them are squishy and can get taken down by t3 lords.

Also having portals on thiefs is not even an issue , like since when u saw thiefs use portals in pvp other than bug abuse ? i mean cmon.. 

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

The Stoic exploit has been reported many times. And people in this thread have said it needs to be fixed. ANET has NEVER fixed it. They know it's there but refuse to do anything. Shadow Portal just added to the problem since the thief can now just exploit in and bring in more friends. Shadow Portal should either be excluded from WvW or reduced to only the player. But the exploit itself really needs to be fixed.

Edited by Heibi.4251
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Random dude.5089 said:

so i suggested this ideas since  thiefs  will struggle to take t 3 towers with iron hide if they glitch in alone so we can react to it at least , rather than teleporting the whole blob that is gonna take the boss down in about a minute before we even open our minimap and check for contested areas , so removing the portal will make only thiefs be able to take down turrets which is hard for most of them , since all of them are squishy and can get taken down by t3 lords.

ah so that is why you think portal is essential.

in fact thief can solo all tower/keep lords quite easily. alpine towers are especially easy. only need to stay on max melee range and use staff auto attack with IP trait and its actually quite fast as the lord helps you take them down by shooting into your reflect (3rd staff AA).

Edited by bq pd.2148

1 hour ago, Heibi.4251 said:

The Stoic exploit has been reported many times. And people in this thread have said it needs to be fixed. ANET has NEVER fixed it. They know it's there but refuse to do anything. Shadow Portal just added to the problem since the thief can now just exploit in and bring in more friends. Shadow Portal should either be excluded from WvW or reduced to only the player. But the exploit itself really needs to be fixed.

And when they do pull the devs that handle map geometry and artwork off other parts of the game to fix terrain in WvW, we get weird open corners on Stoic where walls do not appear to meet and physics do not work the same. xD

I don't have a lot of faith in the number of reports on these exploits because the quality can be bad as evidenced in another thread.  Videos of someone porting players in shows nothing about the actual exploit itself.  And players are usually quick to assume hacks, cheats, and exploits on such limited information.  This distorts the actual impact the exploit has on the game.  It may not be as widespread and game-impacting to cause it to be rated a higher priority bug to fix than something else.

Just because a bug exists doesn't mean it's going to fixed sadly, and map changes have always been the least likely to have resources placed on them.  The only time I recall that was done was when they made a whole slew of changes at once to desert bl.  Compare with exploits like the engi rifle jump change that re-introduced engi's ability to leap onto walls getting fixed pretty fast.

/shrug

38 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Then why make suggestions for fixes at all?

Nobody is here expecting anything to be fixed or giving ideas based on how much knowledge they have on video games design , i just gave my points since anet also read forums , im having some little hope left so maybe they gonna pay attention to wvw one day , im not gonna repeat myself again , read what i typed , i gave my point of view on the fixes that they can make , maybe it can work , maybe not , no need for further discussion on "why are you giving you opnion" like wtf bro xD

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Random dude.5089 said:

your bringing no valuable to the conversation brother , also your new on this forum session looks like , your probably got bored of wvw cause of the hackers and bug abusers and wanna act as the knowledgeable guy who knows it all and  is too good at the game that bugs ain't gonna impact his gameplay , just stay away from forums please , your encouraging bug abuse ,  a bit obnoxious.

On the contrary ,the account is new but the user been here since prelaunch.

And there are less hackers and bug abusers than system abusers and toxic parrots.

And I condone none of these 4 categories,but the toxic parrots are the worst kind in my book.

The glitches which you cannot post here due to rules been already reported multiple times,whenever anet gets to it .....they will be fixed.

The unjust parroting by people who have made ruining other people's lives a sport isn't going to be fixed by anet,and no one who did it will ever go apologize to the ones they wronged because the anonymity of hiding behind the monitor is convenient.

A recent example of the situation you are promoting is this:

A YouTuber walked with his large group into a keep lord and found him dead because a group of thieves had sneaked in during a previous breach.

The thieves beeing less in number decided to not engage and left without engaging or revealing themselves.

The YouTuber instead of moving on weaved a story about hackers that one shoted the lord and that they can get everywhere and cap everything and used it as clickbait to get more views thus more money.

This was fuel for toxic parrots to blame anyone they deem a threat ,and this was just the latest instance of it.

Your problem is that you became a toxic parrot that promotes taking the tools off another class and play style,for the sake of your peace of mind without balancing it for both sides of the attackers and defenders.

Your proposition isn't well thought and it would remove depth from a mode that been stale for years now and it would mostly benefit large blobs who don't invest in scouts and defences.

And there are system and 3rd party program exploits that have rendered most portal thieves useless nowadays,why are those not mentioned by you?

Now if you don't mind please get off your "someone died and made me god" attitude and research the topic deeper and see both sides of the coin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Random dude.5089 said:

no need for further discussion on "why are you giving you opnion" like wtf bro xD

Thanks.  I'll keep that in mind next time I read posts telling others they bring nothing valuable to the discussion rather than recognizing that good scouting is a far more practical suggestion that players have on hand without ANY game changes than anything else presented so far.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Biermeister.4678 said:

Or you see the teefe run to the said exploit area and shadow step in then shadow step to the lord after he spike kills the scout. It is not being upset over losing an objective but losing one to an exploit that never has been fixed after years of reports is the problem.

Not the first time I had people exploit into an objective I was guarding,nothing a paint  trap and a stack or two of traps and a few stunlocks didn't fix.

And as far the OP goes,he also has a post about stealth which highlights that he isnt as objective as he should pun intended.

15 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Thanks.  I'll keep that in mind next time I read posts telling others they bring nothing valuable to the discussion rather than recognizing that good scouting is a far more practical suggestion that players have on hand without ANY game changes than anything else presented so far.

Telling me to scout 2 keeps and towers is nothing valuable , as a roamer everyone scout and move on the map , like what else your trying to tell me ? "no kitten i should scout even if there is no bugs cause zergs might try to take my keeps too lol. also roamers having fun in wvw is them scouting in dueling and if i try to deny enemy teams camps and bring down their recources while my whole my zerg is trying to take their keeps , or rather i should stay afk at my other towers and keeps and do none of that , must be a fun time playing wvw ? like what are u talking about mate , just think before you type , bug abusing is gonna change my whole fun just because i need to scout for hours nonstop , like i said , its gonna be a 9 hour job at that point , im gonna be forced to play like an npc , thats only purpose is to be worried about bug abusers , did i realy have to explain common sense too cmon buddy.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Grave.5683 said:

On the contrary ,the account is new but the user been here since prelaunch.

And there are less hackers and bug abusers than system abusers and toxic parrots.

And I condone none of these 4 categories,but the toxic parrots are the worst kind in my book.

The glitches which you cannot post here due to rules been already reported multiple times,whenever anet gets to it .....they will be fixed.

The unjust parroting by people who have made ruining other people's lives a sport isn't going to be fixed by anet,and no one who did it will ever go apologize to the ones they wronged because the anonymity of hiding behind the monitor is convenient.

A recent example of the situation you are promoting is this:

A YouTuber walked with his large group into a keep lord and found him dead because a group of thieves had sneaked in during a previous breach.

The thieves beeing less in number decided to not engage and left without engaging or revealing themselves.

The YouTuber instead of moving on weaved a story about hackers that one shoted the lord and that they can get everywhere and cap everything and used it as clickbait to get more views thus more money.

This was fuel for toxic parrots to blame anyone they deem a threat ,and this was just the latest instance of it.

Your problem is that you became a toxic parrot that promotes taking the tools off another class and play style,for the sake of your peace of mind without balancing it for both sides of the attackers and defenders.

Your proposition isn't well thought and it would remove depth from a mode that been stale for years now and it would mostly benefit large blobs who don't invest in scouts and defences.

And there are system and 3rd party program exploits that have rendered most portal thieves useless nowadays,why are those not mentioned by you?

Now if you don't mind please get off your "someone died and made me god" attitude and research the topic deeper and see both sides of the coin.

So your telling me im toxic cause im trying to give suggestions to take off something thats rarely used in thiefs kits , and i was thinking very carefuly on what to type , so it doesn't affect the classs and made sure that their portals is not used in one single impactful pvp scenario , and that the portal is giving more tools to the bug abusers , also if you read very well , i said remove it in wvw only , means you can't use it in wvw no shi t right ? , or make it only usable for you like someone suggested that  here , how is that toxic i don't get it ? , also its not my peace if mind only , its my whole team peace of mind and all other servers too , i played on na and eu , and we getting tower and keep yoinked just cause you decided to go have fun somewhere instead of scouting 24/7 , i still don't understand whats your point here , im here legit explaining common sense and you think shadow portal rework or removal is gonna help only " me" and my peace of mind ? like what , im not the only guy here who don't like this bug fiesta, just read other comments in this topic and you'll see that im not the only guy need that peace of mind , i need to explain common sense nowdays i don't know bro , and what coin on both sides , "ohh no they gonna remove shadow portal" thief is a dead class without it , like give me a break brother , i'll raise you this : Tell me one thing thats gonna be affected if shadow portal was removed or reworked , go ahead , since im the toxic guy here , explain why with some solid argument instead of accusing me of being the villain here mr nice guy.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Random dude.5089 said:

Telling me to scout 2 keeps and towers is nothing valuable , as a roamer everyone scout and move on the map , like what else your trying to tell me ? "no kitten i should scout even if there is no bugs cause zergs might try to take my keeps too lol. also roamers having fun in wvw is them scouting in dueling and if i try to deny enemy teams camps and bring down their recources while my whole my zerg is trying to take their keeps , or rather i should stay afk at my other towers and keeps and do none of that , must be a fun time playing wvw ? like what are u talking about mate , just think before you type , bug abusing is gonna change my whole fun just because i need to scout for hours nonstop , like i said , its gonna be a 9 hour job at that point , im gonna be forced to play like an npc , thats only purpose is to be worried about bug abusers , did i realy have to explain common sense too cmon buddy.

There's stuff that you personally have control over and stuff you don't. You have control over bug fixes or removing skills? Common sense dictates a focus on the stuff one does have control over.

That's why it's practical. What can players do right now to deal with the situation while the fire department is taking their time arriving? Which advice do you think a new player would find more valuable? Stuff they can do right now or worrying about stuff out of their control?

And your example about sitting around is absurd when painter traps exist. Any good scout heavily utilizes those.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

There's stuff that you personally have control over and stuff you don't. You have control over bug fixes or removing skills? Common sense dictates a focus on the stuff one does have control over.

That's why it's practical. What can players do right now to deal with the situation while the fire department is taking their time arriving? Which advice do you think a new player would find more valuable? Stuff they can do right now or worrying about stuff out of their control?

And your example about sitting around is absurd when painter traps exist. Any good scout heavily utilizes those.

I can only use one , and i already do , and it doesn't realy matter when you see tons of people already at lord , in order to defend you gotta have time so everyone stop what they are doing and come for base defense and if i call that 30 peeps teleported at lord while they are slaping the sh it out of him already , its kind too late , you gotta see scenarios before you come to conclusion " just use traps" its about how much time you have to react not about seeing the thief , thats why the contest sword apear when you hit something on an objective , not until you start fighting the Lord , thats pretty much common sense tho i know , but i don't know do i need to explain more ? also like i told the guy before , im not here asking for help "please how can i deal with this nonsense" im here suggestion thing for anet , even if they wont realy care about it , im just having conversation with peoople who see that bug abusing is not okey and its been that way for a year by now so i have no idea what do you mean by fire department , but if hes taking a year to arrive , the kitten house is already burnt to ashes brother , and what makes people quit wvw is the abusive bugs that never get fixed one way or another , there is people who legit stay afk at camps to upgrade their team keeps and towers , while a thief just yoink his 2 hours of gaining no rewards but to contribute to their team which is fun by itself , and also again if thief shadow portal is that impactful i just wanna see one thief using a portal in his kit somewhere , yes there is only bug abusers who uses it , so might as well remove it or rework it.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Grave.5683 said:

Not the first time I had people exploit into an objective I was guarding,nothing a paint  trap and a stack or two of traps and a few stunlocks didn't fix.

And as far the OP goes,he also has a post about stealth which highlights that he isnt as objective as he should pun intended.

yeah and 90% of people agree with me in that post tho , the irony , i mean either you here cause you enjoy debates which understandable , hope your having a blast or , ur a thief player worried that he won't be able to teleport his squad and abuse this exploit , and i respect both , i mean you do you , anet been neglecting wvw bugs for quit a long time , so im here crying about it , which is fair , i mean what else do you do in forums anyway but crying , thats the beauty of it.

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Random dude.5089 said:

i just wanna see one thief using a portal in his kit somewhere , yes there is only bug abusers who uses it , so might as well remove it or rework it.

i mostly have portal equipped as it lets me choose fights with minimal resource cost of a single utility slot. it is also not wasted in fights as it is a stunbreak, gap opener and grants stealth. further it has utility value, for example i used it earlier today to significantly cut down travel time building a cata at inner air keep as i was alone.

1 hour ago, bq pd.2148 said:

i mostly have portal equipped as it lets me choose fights with minimal resource cost of a single utility slot. it is also not wasted in fights as it is a stunbreak, gap opener and grants stealth. further it has utility value, for example i used it earlier today to significantly cut down travel time building a cata at inner air keep as i was alone.

Alright fair enough , finaly someone answering the question instead of giving me tips on how to deal with exploits for hour , that sound like a fair use of the portal , maybe then make it usable for thiefs only that would be a fair rework , but anyway i discussed enough in this topic , we will see when the expac release is gonna drop if they gonna surprise us with some wvw bug fixes.

2 hours ago, Random dude.5089 said:

i just wanna see one thief using a portal in his kit somewhere , yes there is only bug abusers who uses it , so might as well remove it or rework it.

How do you know that only bug abusers use that skill?  You didn't need one thief player posting here about how they use it for other things to answer this question for you.

16 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

How do you know that only bug abusers use that skill?  You didn't need one thief player posting here about how they use it for other things to answer this question for you.

because i played before server merging and played against almost all servers with tons of deadeyes and daredevils and corethiefs and non of themever used a shadow portal?  because thief is a meta class and i encounter a lot of them everytime in wvw ? because i lost stoic and air keep without walls being touched or contest cross specialy tier 1 and tier 2 ? because using portals in wvw is not good in duel kit since thats what thief is made for , being realy good at dueling. and non of the meta builds using this ? if thiefs portals are impactful and very usable you would see streamers and meta builds using them , i could say remove shadowstep , but its used in every build thiefs have , the whole narrative of this post changed from "anet if fixing some bugs is gonna be an issue , so here some ideas to make it less impactful without hurting the thief class" to " scout better" like bruh , no wonder they don't care about fixing bugs thats one of dem reasons  , but still , its not in my hand to fix anything , i just gave my point of view , and anet have the large opotunity to think and have better ideas.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, dead.7638 said:

Intended feature at this point.   Why do you even care, 10 yrs later?  

i didn't play for 10 years , and i wont mind if they don't fix it , im not gonna quit my playstyle cause of this , but sometimes its nice to post a friendly reminders to anet that we still give a sh it about this exploits.

• Confused 1

On 8/8/2023 at 8:12 PM, bq pd.2148 said:

shadow portal is not a shadow step. and while it might be used to get more people in after using a bug to get inside, it is not used to get in there in the first place. 

May want to elaborate as when keeps flip, and im on my thief, I am one of those ones that stay in for the flip and keep from getting killed while keeping a port inside so....yes its used to get into it the first place and im def not using a bug to get inside 😛