Discover the Wonders within the Wizard’s Vault in Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure

39 minutes ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

i don't see the comparison here to alt account farmers, who bought 50+ accounts with half a paycheck when the game was $9.99 usd.

Is it the price or the quantity that is tripping you up, because you can get HoT on sale at about that price, and I can promise you I've seen plenty of "passive" afk farmers multiboxing, on choya pinata, drakkar, Dragonstorm (before they fixed it), and just the old classics like volatile magic.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, WRay.2391 said:

To be fair, daily login rewards was introduced as a compensation for paid core Tyria accounts to compensate when it became free to play.

Well, not exactly. Daily login rewards were part of a replacement of the original daily and monthly reward structures. Daily logins provide roughly the same quantity of rewards you used to be able to get by completing the daily category every day as well as the monthly category every month. Same rewards, just acquired differently.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Shaman.2034 said:

Sorry if it's already been asked. What about Spirit Shards? I know a lot of veteran players have a metric charr-ton of them, but I'm always running out. The 3 from completing the general daily category was really helpful!

Spirit shards could be addressed simply by increasing exp and / or having more places to gain exp in the new system. Or they might also be something to spend AA on.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Acheron.1580 said:

Spirit shards could be addressed simply by increasing exp and / or having more places to gain exp in the new system. Or they might also be something to spend AA on.

That would be a lot of exp to stay equivalent though, 762k. I think Tomes of Knowledge would be really good to offer for AA, which covers Spirit Shard needs as well

2 minutes ago, Shaman.2034 said:

That would be a lot of exp to stay equivalent though, 762k. I think Tomes of Knowledge would be really good to offer for AA, which covers Spirit Shard needs as well

I also thought that losing tomes of knowledge would be felt, so yea that's very reasonable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WRay.2391 said:

What exactly needs to be backed up? You had free to play, you pay, you get login rewards as one of benefits.

That daily login rewards were added as some sort of compensation for the paying players rather than the ftp, instead of you know, replacing the old monthly rewards. It's unfounded.

Edit: which is funny because it basically is coming full circle to having to once again work for your rewards. Again whether you, I, or the devs agree with it, someone made the conclusion that the current system is costing them money and that's probably a strong motivation for why it's being changed. You are still getting 5AA when you log in, which I guarantee won't have the same purchasing power as what you had before, but because you are still getting something they can effectively say they don't need to issue a refund because you are still getting what you are using the accounts for: something for nothing.

Edited by Acheron.1580
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Acheron.1580 said:

That daily login rewards were added as some sort of compensation for the paying players rather than the ftp, instead of you know, replacing the old monthly rewards. It's unfounded.

This is what I said. It was compensation to paying players in comparison to ftp. At some point in time you could add login rewards to your account as one of benefits by paying real money. What is the difference in terms of rewards will be for paid core Tyria accounts vs ftp accounts after SotO? If none - value totally taken away.

• Confused 3

5 minutes ago, WRay.2391 said:

What exactly needs to be backed up? You had free to play, you pay, you get login rewards as one of benefits.

You said this:

24 minutes ago, WRay.2391 said:

To be fair, daily login rewards was introduced as a compensation for paid core Tyria accounts to compensate when it became free to play.

And that's just not true. That's not why it happened or what it was for. Daily login rewards were a restructuring of rewards that paid accounts already got. It was not compensation, because it wasn't any additional rewards.

It is one of the things they took away from F2P accounts as part of the F2P restrictions. F2P accounts have many incentives to purchase a full account, and this could be interpreted as one of them. But to veteran players with paid accounts (from back when paid accounts were the only option), daily logins were a horizontal move. A change in reward format. That's all. It was not and is not compensation involving anything to do with F2P.

Source: I was there when it happened and was directly affected by the changes myself 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WRay.2391 said:

This is what I said. It was compensation to paying players in comparison to ftp. At some point in time you could add login rewards to your account as one of benefits by paying real money. What is the difference in terms of rewards will be for paid core Tyria accounts vs ftp accounts after SotO? If none - value totally taken away.

Except for, you know, all the content to actually play the game. And again, you still get your pittance of AA for logging in. Oh unless it also requires a level 80 to unlock the wizards vault. Oh wouldn't that be hilarious.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

this is simply incorrect, the gem exchange is just that; an exchange. the more people who buy gold with real money actually lower the prices for everyone else, so it lets other players get premium content more casually with their normal gold income.

daily login rewards being farmed is the opposite, while some of the mats are sellable on the trading post almost no one sells them and instead hoards them to help create legendaries and other similar tradeable equipment using account-bound materials, for their main account. the majority of materials sold on the trading post are coming from players who don't need to use them for anything, mostly new players who desparately need the gold.

to be fair, someone who isn't "in the know" likely wouldn't understand how this works.

Almost no one sells them? um didn't Arena Net say 95% of mystic coins are from daily login rewards.? There are currently 63,309 mystic coins on the trading post right now. You are telling me you know why the majority of people are selling them based on what data? Like where are you drawing your conclusions from?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Of course by “discover,” we mean “receive in exchange for currency acquired by completing objectives,” and by “wonders,” we mean “reward items,” but that’d be a very cumbersome title indeed...

Read on

I've got an answer to some questions I've seen frequently in this thread, so I'm going to add them here to make sure they're easily found!

• Q: What about Mystic Coins, Laurels, Mystic Clovers, gold, and achievement points that we were getting with dailies? 
    • A: Gold, Laurels, Mystic Clovers, and Mystic Coins can all be purchased in the Wizard's Vault for completing your daily objectives. Daily achievement points will still be available as well, you'll earn them by completing your Wizard's Vault daily objectives.
      • *Edited to specify that Mystic Clovers are available as well* 
    •  One change the Wizard's Vault brings for these daily items is that you can choose the order of what you get. So for example if you are currently focused on Mystic Coins, you can keep buying those and save the other items for later.

• Q: Are there still daily login rewards?
    • A: There will be one objective every day for logging in. This objective gives 5 astral acclaim (standard daily objectives give 10).

What's happening with Chest of Black Lion Goods?  Those were nice when I could get a Mystic Forge Stone once in a while.  Sometimes in very rare situations a Black Lion Key.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, Shaman.2034 said:

You said this:

And that's just not true. That's not why it happened or what it was for. Daily login rewards were a restructuring of rewards that paid accounts already got. It was not compensation, because it wasn't any additional rewards.

It is one of the things they took away from F2P accounts as part of the F2P restrictions. F2P accounts have many incentives to purchase a full account, and this could be interpreted as one of them. But to veteran players with paid accounts (from back when paid accounts were the only option), daily logins were a horizontal move. A change in reward format. That's all. It was not and is not compensation involving anything to do with F2P.

Source: I was there when it happened and was directly affected by the changes myself 👍

Thanks for correction, I just wrote something opposite if what I meant, will edit.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, maceojc.2756 said:

Almost no one sells them? um didn't Arena Net say 95% of mystic coins are from daily login rewards.? There are currently 63,309 mystic coins on the trading post right now. You are telling me you know why the majority of people are selling them based on what data? Like where are you drawing your conclusions from?

i think that statistic is being misinterpreted, as clearly the supply from fractal challenge motes was too much and had to be nerfed. if that was the case, then the majority of mystic coins can't be coming from daily login rewards, or the nerf would've been pointless?

there was long discussion threads about this back when that change was made. the general consensus has been that arenanet was referring to all mystic coins in the game, including the hundreds of thousands still hoarded by players from back when they used to sell to merchants for mere silvers, not specifically those on the trading post. in this case, they're definitely from the daily login rewards, but obtained over many years of time comparatively.

when talking about this issue back during the leather shortage, arenanet said players still had tens of thousands of stacks of leather to sell. they said the issue wasn't the obtainability of leather, but just that players weren't selling it.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

i think that statistic is being misinterpreted, as clearly the supply from fractal challenge motes was too much and had to be nerfed. if that was the case, then the majority of mystic coins can't be coming from daily login rewards, or the nerf would've been pointless?

there was long discussion threads about this back when that change was made. the general consensus has been that arenanet was referring to all mystic coins in the game, including the hundreds of thousands still hoarded by players from back when they used to sell to merchants for mere silvers, not specifically those on the trading post. in this case, they're definitely from the daily login rewards, but obtained over many years of time.

Fractals may be simply nerfed because reward was skewed comparing to other game modes. Anet regularly makes similar changes to balance rewards. They actually mentioned that this will NOT affect TP price as this source is small in terms of overall percentage.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

They nerfed fractal mystic coins and buffed EOD strike mystic coins so they were never nerfing the amount of mystic coins you could get they were just trying to get ppl to switch to strikes which as you pointed out had nothing at all to do with daily login rewards.. which is what we are talking about now.. BUT that doesnt address you saying hardly any1 sells daily login rewards or how you came to that conclusion? As I see for example over 63,000 mystic coins on the Trading POST. As for your comments about the more people buy gold the cheaper it is for the rest of the players I think that's a very astute economic analyzation. Imagine that nerfing the gold from daily login reports will Drive UP the price of mats. AND Drive down the supply of GOLD. Making the gold sold from the gem store more valuable and counteracts the very decrease in value you were talking about.

1 minute ago, WRay.2391 said:

5 days login reward as 2 gold is not bad? It's actually insta SotO pre-purchase refund for me.

The 25 was you have to complete 3 objectives to earn the 2 gold now and you should have to do that after since the login give 5 and Ruby said the ones you do give 10 each it lands on 25 for a daily after.

So yea it should require the same and not just login for 2 gold right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

The 25 was you have to complete 3 objectives to earn the 2 gold now and you should have to do that after since the login give 5 and Ruby said the ones you do give 10 each it lands on 25 for a daily after.

So yea it should require the same and not just login for 2 gold right?

From what I understood you get 5 AA for login. Then you can get another 5 for daily achievements. Not sure where you get 25, point me to the source if possible.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, WRay.2391 said:

From what I understood you get 5 AA for login. Then you can get another 5 for daily achievements. Not sure where you get 25, point me to the source if possible.

Ruby Bayer said this in the OP in response to questions in this thread...

• Q: Are there still daily login rewards?
    • A: There will be one objective every day for logging in. This objective gives 5 astral acclaim (standard daily objectives give 10).

So logging in and doing two activities gives you the 25 AA.

Edited by Chichimec.9364