Discover the Wonders within the Wizard’s Vault in Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure

1 hour ago, Vidit.7108 said:

Maybe coins will crash like when strikes helped to flood the market

It's not strikes that decreased MC price. It was due to lowered demand due to gen3 legendary crafting recipes not using MCs and having lower requirement for clovers. Also, due to banning a certain market manipulator. Strikes at best balanced the loss from Fractal CMs, and we already know that source had a negligible impact on MC generation.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

36 minutes ago, Tami.8573 said:

I am unhappy that you seem to "lock" the dailies behind SOTO. I'd like to see that you make it accessible for everyone (or everyone that has an expansion).

Have you read the full blogpost? they state quite directly in there that the system will be available to everyone even those who do not own SotO

it also should be accessible to f2p players, even tho the blogpost does not clarify on that, because old dailies were accessible to them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

56 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

They've risen because people expected 3rd gen legendaries to use as much MCs as 2nd gen ones, when actually they ended up requiring even less than 1st gen. And there was also the "small" case of market manipulation by one tp baron that fueled it by using item duping exploits.

Yes, but in order to balance the loss from passive generation the active generation capability would have to be really significant. Even if overall "buying" power would remain comparable to the old system (which likely it won't), the mere fact of switching from passive to active is going to reduce supply by a significant factor. To compensate for that, the new "daily" rewards would need to be significantly better - and by that i do not mean just two or three times better, but at least order of magnitude better. That's even without considering how likely most of the buying power of acclaims will likely be spent not on materials, but on visuals/aestethic rewards.

Do you really think it's likely to happen?

I think Anet can balance gains of MCs quite easily because there are limited supplies so it will happen as Anet will want it to happen in the long run (with likely market shocks at the release).

If I assume that you will be able to buy the same amount of coins and clovers per month as you get now from daily logins (and rare forger daily) thats just a big plus for me. Because there are not many daily rewards I care for so I can work towards those I like. This also means I dont have to login every day, which I already don't, so my gains will only increase. Again this is under assumption the monthly pool stays the same. 

I think in the end the price of coins will be in the 1g range (after potential Anet adjustments) and it will be easier to get them for most players because they won't have to actually login every single day for it but will just prioritize it with vault purchases. We might even see the opposite, that even many casual players that only login for the weekend will be able to get a lot more of them than they do now. Also these legendary starter packs might eliminate some requirements for MCs and will also drive the price down. Let's see in general I see this as very positive for majority of the player base.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

I think Anet can balance gains of MCs quite easily because there are limited supplies so it will happen as Anet will want it to happen in the long run (with likely market shocks at the release).

If we have learned anything over the past almost 11 years in this game, it's that Anet is not great at balancing.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

As we're now approaching page 22 of this thread 🤪

• Gotta say it... GuildWars is awesome, whatever Anet do with it.  I've been playing since the release of GW1 18 years ago (and so have many others).  The graphics are amazing, the soundtracks are phenomenal and the story and gameplay are thoroughly engaging.
  • For those that get really heated when reading this thread...  it's just a game.... chill 😉 
  • Not only is it just a game... it's a FREE game (after you've bought the core).  How many other games have been available, truly awesome AND free for 18 years!
  • Do Anet get everything right all of the time... nah, no one does... but they are geting better and the comms is definite improvement on a few years ago.  There's always room for more improvement though 😉 

As for SOTO... I can't wait.  Based on the last 18 years it'll be just as amazing I'm sure.  Will everything work perfectly on day 1... I doubt it... but that's what the patches are for. 🤪

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Stygian Abyss.7203 said:

As we're now approaching page 22 of this thread 🤪

• Gotta say it... GuildWars is awesome, whatever Anet do with it.  I've been playing since the release of GW1 18 years ago (and so have many others).  The graphics are amazing, the soundtracks are phenomenal and the story and gameplay are thoroughly engaging.
  • For those that get really heated when reading this thread...  it's just a game.... chill 😉 
  • Not only is it just a game... it's a FREE game (after you've bought the core).  How many other games have been available, truly awesome AND free for 18 years!
  • Do Anet get everything right all of the time... nah, no one does... but they are geting better and the comms is definite improvement on a few years ago.  There's always room for more improvement though 😉 

As for SOTO... I can't wait.  Based on the last 18 years it'll be just as amazing I'm sure.  Will everything work perfectly on day 1... I doubt it... but that's what the patches are for. 🤪

I do love the contrast between your upbeat post and forum user name. 😄

———————

One other thing about this new system I mildly dislike is the move back toward weeklies.

Back when we had monthlies, it made the game feel like a chore to me. I’m a get-the-things-knocked-off-the-list kind of person. Having a honey-do from ANet every month makes me anxious to spend all my time at the beginning of the month targeting that list.

I ended up just deciding to ignore monthlies because of it.

As someone who often plays just a few times a week, if the rewards are good, I’m going to have to resist letting it take over my play.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Back when we had monthlies, it made the game feel like a chore to me. I’m a get-the-things-knocked-off-the-list kind of person. Having a honey-do from ANet every month makes me anxious to spend all my time at the beginning of the month targeting that list.

Back when we had both weeklies and monthlies, I would never manage to complete both, I would do either weeklies or monthlies depending on the month, quite often none tho 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Is that why it took them 6 years to stabilize MCs market situation?

What is stable? What it the target price you deem acceptable? How much deviation is still acceptable to be stable?

I don't know how was before ~2017 when I started playing but as far as I'm playing mystic coins are stable. With maybe exception pre-EOD launch which I think was driven by player hype and speculation. Definitely more stable than real life investment markets within this timeframe.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

I don't know how was before ~2017 when I started playing but as far as I'm playing mystic coins are stable. With maybe exception pre-EOD launch which I think was driven by player hype and speculation. Definitely more stable than real life investment markets within this timeframe.

Ah, so you basically know nothing about the whole MC issue.

They started at around 20s price, and it was stable until Anet changed the daily system they were coming from. Since then, they started to keep going up, with us being assured that it's temporary, and that it's going to stabilize. Any moment now.

Too bad, the price kept rising and rising. Anet started to introduce new supply sources, which slowed the trend a bit, but it still kept rising, higher and higher. With people on forum on monthly basis assuring everyone else that everything is fine, because, surely, this time the price is going to stabilize any moment now.

The situation after EoD launch was the first time since then that the price actually went down and stabilized. As far as crafting mats go, MCs are completely unique in this. And it's exactly because their source is extremely limited and highly controlled that makes their situation so volatile.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Ah, so you basically know nothing about the whole MC issue.

They started at around 20s price, and it was stable until Anet changed the daily system they were coming from. Since then, they started to keep going up, with us being assured that it's temporary, and that it's going to stabilize. Any moment now.

Too bad, the price kept rising and rising. Anet started to introduce new supply sources, which slowed the trend a bit, but it still kept rising, higher and higher. With people on forum on monthly basis assuring everyone else that everything is fine, because, surely, this time the price is going to stabilize any moment now.

The situation after EoD launch was the first time since then that the price actually went down and stabilized. As far as crafting mats go, MCs are completely unique in this. And it's exactly because their source is extremely limited and highly controlled that makes their situation so volatile.

Yeah, not familiar with that period. Could be completely Anet's inability to stabilize the market. Could also be that they were actually waiting to stabilize over time and see where it lands and more important the impact on the price of final crafted items (i.e., legendaries). The goal is probably not to stabilize a specific material but to have a specific target in gold (and probably more important in game play time required) for legendary equipment. So if MCs are steadily going up and other materials are steadily going down (i.e., T6 mats) it's actually what they are aiming for.

10 hours ago, WRay.2391 said:

From what I understood you get 5 AA for login. Then you can get another 5 for daily achievements. Not sure where you get 25, point me to the source if possible.

Rubi said login was 5, the daily stuff was 10. And we don't even know that you can only do 2 so really the 25 a day isn't necessarily correct either.

edit: sorry, the 25 for 2 gold and 3 spirit shards is probably not correct since Rubi said that it won't be a 1:1 from the old system, but it's also likely you can get more than the 25 AA a day, which are 2 different trains of thought and I apologize for mixing them up.

Edited by Acheron.1580
I shouldn't forums when I'm tired

1 hour ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

Back when we had both weeklies and monthlies, I would never manage to complete both, I would do either weeklies or monthlies depending on the month, quite often none tho 🙂

Ah I think I know what weekly you speak about it was the weekly wvw tournaments something they did like 3 times then scraped because it put  to much pressure on people to complete them and cloged up the wvw que more then what was already done.

• Like 1