"A peak inside the Wizard's Vault"

4 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

But old rewards from previous "seasons" will remain obtainable at all times, so you can't really compare the system to that in other games.

We'll see how much aas we'll be able to earn per season, vs how much all the rewards in that season would be worth. If you can, say, earn 1300 aas per month, but the quarterly season would have visual rewards for total worth of 5-10k aas - with the price doubling when moved to "archive" (and, say, monthly material options worth 1k aas on top of it, that won't be moving to the "archive")...

(there's more than one way in which you can make a system use FOMO approach even when in theory nothing will ever stop being available)

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

The green prophet shard vendor should give you an idea of pricing. You can't even buy every currency weekly due to the cap being so low - leaving you with zero leftover. I'd expect the exact same from this BP as it's more than likely made by the same rewards team who think a weapon skin is a proper reward from clearing a CM 25 times in a game where the end goal is legendaries.  (weapon skins are not rewards in GW2 as long as legendaries exist)

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

11 minutes ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

The green prophet shard vendor should give you an idea of pricing. You can't even buy every currency weekly due to the cap being so low - leaving you with zero leftover. I'd expect the exact same from this BP as it's more than likely made by the same rewards team who think a weapon skin is a proper reward from clearing a CM 25 times in a game where the end goal is legendaries.  (weapon skins are not rewards in GW2 as long as legendaries exist)

Green prophet shard vendor wasn't aiming at being a refreshed take at login rewards, these two things are not the same and as such, for now it looks like a bad comparison.

11 minutes ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

(weapon skins are not rewards in GW2 as long as legendaries exist)

Nah, unique skins are very much rewards in gw2 and existence of legendaries doesn't have much to do with it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1

On 8/19/2023 at 4:39 PM, Kozumi.5816 said:

30 times even, and I merely use the Axe as KP. 😆

But as Sobx stated, skins are a reward, and the comparison of Strike/Fractal rewards with Daily rewards is quite a stretch.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

5AA could be equal in value to the current daily login system, averaged over 28 days. Since you already get 20 mystic coins each cycle and you can opt for mystic clovers in the final chest, I'd expect the worst case to be 5AA for 1 mystic coin. I could see it costing less, like 4AA. I may be overly discounting the value of the other rewards which could further reduce the amount of AA required per coin. 

The price could also start low and then increase with every few purchases before reseting the following week. 

This is all assuming they want to maintain the value of a login reward. If they wish to go after multi-alt-account users, 5AA could be of less value. 

12 hours ago, Scynte.1340 said:

5AA could be equal in value to the current daily login system, averaged over 28 days. Since you already get 20 mystic coins each cycle and you can opt for mystic clovers in the final chest, I'd expect the worst case to be 5AA for 1 mystic coin. I could see it costing less, like 4AA. I may be overly discounting the value of the other rewards which could further reduce the amount of AA required per coin. 

The price could also start low and then increase with every few purchases before reseting the following week. 

This is all assuming they want to maintain the value of a login reward. If they wish to go after multi-alt-account users, 5AA could be of less value. 

It wouldn't surprise me if they want to make just logging in less rewarding and make the dailies a bit more rewarding, so for people with 1 account who do dailies regularly its about the same, but people with multiple accounts just for login rewards and people who never do dailies will lose out.

Anet obviously aren't completely opposed to multi-account farming because it's been going on very openly for years now, but I suspect they see it in kind of the same way as people who used to farm black lion keys from the personal story. They're not going to ban it but they won't make any effort to protect it from being impacted by changes either. When they re-worked the personal story a few years ago farming black lion keys became much harder, before that some people would make characters, run through the story, delete them, remake them, endlessly to get keys, now they can only do it once per week. Similarly they've allowed multi-account farming for years, but now they want to change the daily rewards system they're not going to worry about hurting their profits.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Koekje.6402 said:

So it's still unknown whether the login rewards will be a thing?

It's known. They won't be a thing. From Tuesday on, for logging in you will receive 5 Astral Acclaims - and that will be all. The current login system will be gone.

And no, we still don't know how much those 5 aa will be able to buy, but probably not much.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It's known. They won't be a thing. From Tuesday on, for logging in you will receive 5 Astral Acclaims - and that will be all. The current login system will be gone.

And no, we still don't know how much those 5 aa will be able to buy, but probably not much.

Oh. Welp if they want to make it more grindy than it already is, I'm out.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Koekje.6402 said:

So it's still unknown whether the login rewards will be a thing? Effortless rewards are important considering the game's economy is so grindy, even for a single account. Getting MCs or that final chest feels so good.

We know we will get 5 astral acclaim for logging in. We also know that many of the things currently in login rewards (including laurels, mystic coins and crafting materials) will be available to purchase with astral acclaim. What we don't know yet is how much each reward will cost and therefore whether 5 AA per day (or more importantly 140 per 28 days, since the current rewards are weighted towards the end of the cycle) will allow you to buy a comparable amount of items.

BTW we also know we'll get 10 AA for each daily achievement (but not how many dailies we can do), 40 per weekly (and that we can do 6 weeklies) and an unknown amount from quarterly special achievements. So a conservative estimate (assuming 1 daily per day, it's very likely to be more) gives a minimum of 345 Astral Acclaim per week for someone doing everything. We just have to wait until tomorrow to find out the actual numbers.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Scynte.1340 said:

I think it is more likely that you buy them from the vault as a bag of 2, 4, 6, or 8 coins, or even as a single option of 1 bag of 20. What it will cost we will have to see. I am more interested in what other items will be in there.

• Like 1