Jump to content
  • Sign Up

How is this considered balanced?


Recommended Posts

https://imgur.com/XjHhFNg

How is this considered alright?

A move that takes our class skill (steal), the use of four additional moves to stack Malice, and a stealth entry just to setup.....

This is in WvW with full Ascended/Legendary Zerker with all infusions maxed out in power, all consumables (Food/Tech). This is as strong as it gets minus might stacks....and it hits for 1300 (2700) w/ full malice.....

My Ranger Lonbow Auto attack is 1250...just for comparison. And my ranger Rapid Fire Sic'Em OWP which is all of 0.5 second steup and 3 button presses hits for around 50k unblockable......

The entire Deadeye talent tree has been brought in line (balanced) to be as strong as other classes auto attacks lol.

Really sucks because I enjoyed DE...but it literally does the least damage in the game now. It's not even repped on Snowcrows anymore aside from D/D....which isn't really DE, they are just using it to give Backstab Malice lol.

No wonder no one plays this games PvP anymore...no clue how to balance and 10 years of people requesting downed state be removed from SPvP and WvW just to fall on deaf ears....

I guess they are reaping what they sowed now though with that last profit report....you get what you deserve in the end......

Edited by Luclinraider.2317
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

 I also see target cap is 5 on that skill is that new?

nah

Quote
November 29, 2022
  • This skill now pierces foes not targeted by Deadeye's Mark. Damage dealt to unmarked enemies is reduced. Players can now move while using this skill.

if anyone is in the way they get shot through, up to 4 people, for reduced damage.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

nah

if anyone is in the way they get shot through, up to 4 people, for reduced damage.  

Ohh I see.
 

ya that kind of change doesn’t surprise me. That’s how they have dealt with trying to balance damage for years: AOE does less damage, single target does high damage…people complain in both cases, and there’s no middle ground you either have a completely borked one shot skill or a completely squirrel AoE and when either gets numerically buffed or nerfed it just leads nowhere (borked AOE or squirrel single target)

I have a few comments from ages ago now talking about target cap being one of the primary balance issues the game has. The fact that it exists relegates players to be shoehorned into a particular box…and there’s no solution to it so long as it exists in the form that it does. 

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

Ohh I see.
 

ya that kind of change doesn’t surprise me. That’s how they have dealt with trying to balance damage for years: AOE does less damage, single target does high damage…people complain in both cases, and there’s no middle ground you either have a completely borked one shot skill or a completely squirrel AoE and when either gets numerically buffed or nerfed it just leads nowhere (borked AOE or squirrel single target)

I have a few comments from ages ago now talking about target cap being one of the primary balance issues the game has. The fact that it exists relegates players to be shoehorned into a particular box…and there’s no solution to it so long as it exists in the form that it does. 

Healthy Competitive approach would be to remove it. Wouldn't you agree?

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Healthy Competitive approach would be to remove it. Wouldn't you agree?

To remove target cap? Yes. but it's not that simple, not the only thing. With the removal of target cap has to come something that I just call dynamic non-linear tradeoffs. Dynamic meaning that the tradeoff is governed by autonomous skill usage by the player, and non-linear meaning that the tradeoff is not a linear penalty (like for instance the -300 stat for putting a skill on your bar) rather, a non-linear mechanic that scales with the number of combatants in a fight.

Target cap removal is a very radical change, and is tied into the lag component of the game, which is why I don't bring it up that often, as it's unrealistic to expect Anet to ever change it. Ideally target cap wouldn't exist and skills would be designed in such a way where this would not be a thing... but non-linear dynamic tradeoffs work to balance the game even when there exists a target cap, so I tend to talk about those aspects more whenever I talk about proposing a solution to that problem.

If you want examples of Dynamic Non-linear tradeoffs, look no further than Guild Wars 1, in which skills had no target cap, and most skills had these particular kinds of tradeoffs that balanced them at all scales of a fight.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...