Legendary Breather

I bring this up about once a year. Still no legendary breather.

I've got all 3 sets of WvW armor. I've crafted every 1st & 2nd generation legendary weapon in the game. I've crafted a full component of legendary trinkets. I've also got a full set of legendary runes & sigels. The ONLY non-legendary piece of equipment I have on the 14 toons on my main account is the BREATHER.

C'mon Anet, help an OCD guy out. Give us legendary breathers.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

correction: The ONLY non-legendary pieces of equipment you have on the 14 toons on your main account is the BREATHER AND THE RELIC.

The relic doesn't come out til Tuesday, so currently he is right. Of course the breather also comes in 3 armour weights, so technically, right now there are three legendary items missing and next week there will be four. Of course we already know that the legendary relic will come out next year.

And about the breathers... not a word.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Lucy.3728 said:

Well, not many spots left Anet can use for legendaries.

After the Relic there has to come the breather.

But I guess Anet will invent legendary tools before. (Also an asked feature)

I doubt legendary gathering tools will ever be a thing. I'd think those tools are a nice seller in the gem store.

And of course there will be new sets of legendary armour out next year sometime. They seem to be coming with all kinds of spiffy effects, so people might want to get them just for that. Point is that Anet can come up with all sorts of things before they would even consider making legendary gathering tools. 

• Like 1

Breather could work for a future expansion with wather themed setting. The largos are interesting and could fit into the new design philosophy where they want to explore different smaller stories where other chars can get important.

Also the jeweler to 500 - since nothing has been announced I don't think they'll bring this for relics. (Thogh maybe for a legendary relic this could be interesting.)

Gathering tools - I doubt that. We have the unbreakable estuff from gem store and they probably don't want to make something ingame that is as good as them. Bags would be interesting though. Legendary bag = a maxed one (32 slots) upgraded further so you could freely swap between the special funktions. (Normal, collecting crafting staff first, invisible - and all the other variants there are.) + then usable on all chars.

• Confused 1

Surely Anet would rather that the player base just forget about underwater content?  Rebreathers would just encourage players to demand that Anet fix underwater combat.  Several classes have always been terrible once they get into water and Anet continues to ignore that.  

It seems that Anet would rather spend resources elsewhere.  We used to have a structured player vs player map that had water sections.  Anet claimed that it was removed from the spvp map pool because it was unpopular.  What if that map was removed so that Anet could continue to ignore aquatic combat balancing?  

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Anet claimed that it was removed from the spvp map pool because it was unpopular. 

I liked it when I played it 2012 with my ranger.

I also like to play underwater with my rev in wvw. I can even kill thieves there, which rarely is possible, for me, over the waterline.

13 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

I liked it when I played it 2012 with my ranger.

I also like to play underwater with my rev in wvw. I can even kill thieves there, which rarely is possible, for me, over the waterline.

I don't know. Are thieves terrible at aquatic combat? It could be that the thieves are afraid to get into the water with you because they have no clue how to fight there.  If they are running an elite specialization they basically lose it once they dive into the water. 

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Please make it so it also functions as air filter.

Hmmm perhaps only an ascended version functions as an ai filter? And you only get the recipe after running through the event at least once.  I assume they wanted it to be inconvenient and annoying for some reason, so we probably need to experience it at least one time.

Legendary Spacial Bag

50 Slot

Split in 5x 10 slot rows where you can right-click any row to manualy give those 10 slots a function like drawing in gear or crafting mats or consumables first, or make them invis slots. And also the option to re-color the backgrounds/frames of any of those 10-slot partitions. 😄

Also (somehow) makes it available on every char like through the armory system. Perhaps it gets its own +1 bag slot that doesn't count towards the bag slot limit, where its automatically equipped on every char once you unlock it (perhaps unable to unequip the bag, since there's no reason to - only move it up and down among the other bag slots). One can dream ^^

Edited by Chyro.1462
  • Confused 1

On 8/20/2023 at 5:18 AM, Luthan.5236 said:

Breather could work for a future expansion with wather themed setting

EoD was all about a dragon that we knew as "Bubbles" who was an underwater dragon. If they wanted to release the breather with a themed expac they missed that train.

Better late than never.

I would rather they delete the breather slot altogether.  All its ever been is like some vestigial growth.  It's a slot that does nothing like 99.9999% of the time.  Just get rid of it and turn all breather skins into helmet skins.

Legendary food (e.g. bottomless bowl of ________) that you can reuse and that never wears off until you overwrite it with another buff is something I could get behind.

Edited by Will.9785
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Will.9785 said:

I would rather they delete the breather slot altogether.  All its ever been is like some vestigial growth.  It's a slot that does nothing like 99.9999% of the time.  Just get rid of it and turn all breather skins into helmet skins.

Legendary food (e.g. bottomless bowl of ________) that you can reuse and that never wears off until you overwrite it with another buff is something I could get behind.

It's done something alright, it has forced us to need 7 runes for a full set as well as having an extra infusion slot, to make sure you have to get 1 extra, otherwise you'll loose agony resistance underwater. 

Edited by jason.1083

1 hour ago, Will.9785 said:

I could to but in addition to the buffs we players get food and utilities also serve as a gold and mat sink, and permanent legendary food would close or at least reduce that sink.

Legendary ring from PvE > legendary breather. The latter works fine as ascended celestial, because nobody needs to min/max for the aquatic ruins fractal. And there is no other place in the game where one wouldn't be better off using celestial anyway. But gating the last legendary ring behind 2 months of WvW is causing some PvE players to rage quit the game entirely. Hence a PvE ring should be added before a breather is.

On 8/19/2023 at 10:12 PM, Zebulous.2934 said:

Surely Anet would rather that the player base just forget about underwater content?  Rebreathers would just encourage players to demand that Anet fix underwater combat.  Several classes have always been terrible once they get into water and Anet continues to ignore that.  

Well it is part of the current game and there are still rebreathers needed for that content. So I don't think that Anet wants people to forget about it. It's kind of hard to forget when you keep running into it and is part of the world after all. Some of the waypoints are even under water.

On 8/19/2023 at 10:12 PM, Zebulous.2934 said:

It seems that Anet would rather spend resources elsewhere.  We used to have a structured player vs player map that had water sections.  Anet claimed that it was removed from the spvp map pool because it was unpopular.  What if that map was removed so that Anet could continue to ignore aquatic combat balancing?  

Sure and this is probably why we don't have them (yet). I mean gen2 and gen3 legendary weapons do not have underwater weapons. But the fact remains that there are underwater areas as part of the world that we do need breathers for.

And I do understand the completionists wanting to have all gear as legendary gear. Besides, I'm not even sure how much work it would be for Anet to create legendary versions of the breathers. They wouldn't need a new skin and honestly if they want to make it easier for themselves, just don't make a new collection for them but just make them craftable using lots of mats as usual. That seems a reasonable implementation for something that is an afterthought piece of gear but nonetheless still a piece of gear in the end.

1 hour ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Some of the waypoints are even under water.

You hardly need a breather for them. Even in Orr you can fight under water and miss the last armor piece and probably won't notice any difference.
Do you invest in breathers and upgrades for them for your pve open world chars?

Last time I needed a breather in pve was that kodan dungeon with large underwater parts incl. heavy fights.

22 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

You hardly need a breather for them. Even in Orr you can fight under water and miss the last armor piece and probably won't notice any difference.
Do you invest in breathers and upgrades for them for your pve open world chars?

Last time I needed a breather in pve was that kodan dungeon with large underwater parts incl. heavy fights.

I have 17 characters, all at level 80 and all of them have an ascended breather from Bitterfrost. I guess need is a strong word, but if I had legendary runes I would get 7 of them as well. In fact I'm thinking about getting them before we get the legendary relic next year.