New dailies/weeklies [Merged]

I have been playing for 2 days and I have been able to buy the new Griffon skin, I have obtained 50 gold and 20 mystical coins.
This system is for players who really play and not for those with multi-accounts who with 5 minutes a day in 1 month obtained hundreds of golds

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/135714-math-comparing-old-and-new-dailys/

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

The easiest improvement would be to keep the Secrets of the Obscure format with the 3 dailies and the blue coins while also giving you the option to choose each daily from a large pool.

Or you can go with the second easiest to implement reroll option where you have a limited number of RNG rerolls on each of the 3 daily quests with a feature to go back to previous options. 

And get rid of the weekly lock. No one wants that.

Edited by Gunslinger.7031
  • Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 12:31 AM, Chyro.1462 said:

My friend is still at icebrood saga but I got him the expac as a gift.

Now he has dailies requiring him to do rifts (can at least spawn them for him) but also now a daily to go do stuff in Horn of Maguuma (expac maps) - so he'd have to spoil himself on the story or miss out on the daily reward. This is really bad design anet.

My friend has HoT/PoF but not EoD, and also bought SotO.  They are at the beginning of the HoT story and now have to do an event in the Horn of Maguuma for the daily.  I can't see how anyone thought this was a good idea.

• Like 1

Tbh this new daily design reminds me like a badly copy pasted version of ESO's endeavors and these are just as bad because some require you to have all DLCs. 
The dailies in gw2 were fine. They should have jsut brought back monthlies and weeklies instead and especially raise the AP cap to 30k. 
Well, I didn't do dailies anymore (except WvW so I can progress Gift of Battle reward track in times where I wasn't so active in WvW anymore) as they don't give AP for me for years but I'm mad the login rewards got removed. I used to get neat stuff from these like black lion keys or even a precursor from the exotics box once. 

Edited by Cynder.2509
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What do you mean it doesn't work? What I quoted said dailies are "one week", but dailies are on daily reset and weeklies are on weekly reset. How can you say "doesn't work" and say "which means tomorrow" which is what I say? 😄
Of course it's on next refresh, that's what you keep being told and that's what the game says.

I think blaming it on the UI is a bit disingenuous, but one can simply... dislike having to deal with changes that locks you down a path when for most of the game lifespan one was able to pick the dailies they wanted to do.
Like, this really is the one think I don't understand with the new system, and I don't see a single reason as to why would anyone prefer it over the old, more flexible system. By removing the log in rewards they're already dealing with what was the problem then (free rewards without engaging with content). Isn't that good enough?

Why lock the player with a certain type of content if it turns out they'd rather do something else later that day? What is the benefit for Anet? for the player? What they did basically ensure that I will never, ever turn on PvP, for fear of being locked with 3 pvp dailies to do that I can't swap back.

Edited by Deihnyx.6318
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Cynder.2509 said:

Tbh this new daily design reminds me like a badly copy pasted version of ESO's endeavors and these are just as bad because some require you to have all DLCs. 
The dailies in gw2 were fine. They should have jsut brought back monthlies and weeklies instead. 

Nah, chose one and just get improve the rewards instead of adding more weekly and monthly chores.

Preferably, I would rather we get rid of dailies and just have a weekly OR monthly in case you can't login everyday with improved rewards but I doubt any game dev would do that as it plunges their daily player count.

Edited by Gunslinger.7031
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Deihnyx.6318 said:

I think blaming it on the UI is a bit disingenuous, but one can simply... dislike having to deal with changes that locks you down a path when for most of the game lifespan one was able to pick the dailies they wanted to do.
Like, this really is the one think I don't understand with the new system, and I don't see a single reason as to why would anyone prefer it over the old, more flexible system. By removing the log in rewards they're already dealing with what was the problem then (free rewards without engaging with content). Isn't that good enough?

Why lock the playing in a certain way if it turns out they'd rather do something else later that day? What is the benefit for Anet? for the player? What they did basically ensure that I will never, ever turn on PvP, for fear of being locked with 3 pvp dailies to do that I can't swap back.

I think I like the new system more, but it sure can be improved and has some unnecessary hurdles. First of all, wiggly chests were better than having to open window to click on the chest each time you wanto to redeem the reward for the completed objective. That's a weird and imo completely unneeded nerf of qol. Secondly, as much as it's not a huge issue for me, I agree that more options (with capped daily completion to 4, so it's not an increase in daily currency acquisition) would be good to see. I was previously writing about anything "between 6 and 12" total daily objectives -currently I think with the ability to pick preferred modes, having 6 options (not counting 5AA login "task") should easly be enough. We don't need as many as before because we can already exclude whole categories we dislike.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I think I like the new system more, but it sure can be improved and has some unnecessary hurdles. First of all, wiggly chests were better than having to open window to click on the chest each time you wanto to redeem the reward for the completed objective. That's a weird and imo completely unneeded nerf of qol. Secondly, as much as it's not a huge issue for me, I agree that more options (with capped daily completion to 4, so it's not an increase in daily currency acquisition) would be good to see. I was previously writing about anything "between 6 and 12" total daily objectives -currently I think with the ability to pick preferred modes, having 6 options (not counting 5AA login "task") should easly be enough. We don't need as many as before because we can already exclude whole categories we dislike.

Right, even just 5-6 options with a cap of 3 would already give some breathing room, with maybe 1 or 2 that are shared across players so people who want to play together can.
And yeah, having to click on the UI is definitely a weird decision as well.

LIke I said somewhere else It wouldn't take much for this system to be perfect. I hope they can at least address that.

Edited by Deihnyx.6318
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Deihnyx.6318 said:

Right, even just 5-6 options with a cap of 3 would already give some breathing room, with maybe 1 or 2 that are shared across players so people who want to play together can.
And yeah, having to click on the UI is definitely a weird decision as well.

LIke I said somewhere else I wouldn't take much for this system to be perfect. I hope they can at least address that.

For calrification, when I say "cap of 4", I include the login reward, maybe part of the issue is that people could avoid redeeming 5AA in order to complete one more objective to get more AA. In that case, yeah, cap of 3 regular dailies, while the login 5AA shouldn't count towards the cap, so the players have no reason not to take it.

4 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

A total of 6 would be a vast improvement, and it can be equally divided over 1, 2 or 3 categories.

Yup, looks good to me 😄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Personally, I do not understand all those who complain. You can orient your choice according to your game mode which is personally the pvp. And what a joy to know that I can now do the entire daily / weekly section just in pvp. In terms of rewards, the only ones who can complain about receiving fewer rewards are those who have 10, 20, 30 or even 50 accounts and who simply did not play. With this new system, a single account can indirectly get up to 1,000 gold per quarter by buying whatever is available and can even earn various skins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Arya.3628 said:

Personally, I do not understand all those who complain. You can orient your choice according to your game mode which is personally the pvp. And what a joy to know that I can now do the entire daily / weekly section just in pvp. In terms of rewards, the only ones who can complain about receiving fewer rewards are those who have 10, 20, 30 or even 50 accounts and who simply did not play. With this new system, a single account can indirectly get up to 1,000 gold per quarter by buying whatever is available and can even earn various skins.

I play all game modes. I usually dont schedule what I will play the next day. 

In the past I would play wvw or pvp and usually just complete dailies naturaly. Maybe I had one left and did an easy one from another mode. If it was a daily dungeon or jp I might do them cause I like them and many people did it on the day. 

Now I will probably just do pvp ones because those most straightforward and dont really require me to do some stuff I dont like. 

And if I wont play pvp I just wont do them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arya.3628 said:

Personally, I do not understand all those who complain.

Before, we had a choice of 12 to do our three dailies from. Now, there's only three that Arenanet decided for us.

How is this loss of freedom of choice not understandable?

1 hour ago, Arya.3628 said:

And what a joy to know that I can now do the entire daily / weekly section just in pvp.

You could choose to do your three dailies only in sPvP before, too.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4

Yes it would be an improvement if there was a vendor with a buy and sell dialog for the AA items. I question the logic of adding a new interface for a single in-game currency, when ANet is targeting a new expansion release each year. New maps bring new currencies. What is so special about AA that we need to treat it differently to the dozens of other currencies? Or is this the start of a trend that will see the addition of a new currency shop UI (maybe that's a better way to describe it than storefront) every epac release?

I'm mostly disappointed that out of all the possible ways to fix the daily rewards system, this is what we get.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

Quote from Reddit I like the most: "The best part of the old daily system was that you could pick among many activities to hit the magical 3 and then you could do more if you wanted." Why do I need to choose now? I play mostly PvE, but I like to do PvP or WvW daily sometimes. Maybe let us do daily tasks in all modes (no stupid choice between gamemods) and just give rewards for completing 3 of them? It's just that simple. Same rule for weekly.

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

Even that isn't so easy for some of us - I own EoD but am only up to HoT. I'm quite story focused so I don't even want to exist in Cantha for another few months...

The dailies needs to take into account your actual story progress and avoid giving you any dailies in maps you haven't visited yet.

This. I bought the dragon saga thing in June; I've just finished core, not started LWS1, let alone HoT or PoF, and my dailies are Cantha. I don't mind the changes of interface or stricter selection. I'd prefer choice, but if that's the way they want to change it, I can adjust. However, removing the choice of avoiding story-breaking dailies (by doing PvP or WvW when they come up) is frustrating. If the story completeness of the most-completed story character on the account was considered during daily randomisation to avoid selecting areas (or mini dungeons or whatever) not yet unlocked that would make the experience different, but less frustrating.

Also, I understand the not auto rewarding on completion due to the point cap, but an audio sting or something on daly completion would be useful so that I notice!

• Like 2

I think the new system is a good idea personally. Yes atm the interface feels not clunky but sparse there's not much on it, ArenaNet themselves did say more would be added in time and this could overcome the issues you are feeling about with the new UI element.

For me I love the way you can restrict the daily objectives to wvw pvp or pve to personal taste, but for the daily you only have 4 if you select pve only, I don't necessarily agree with this as it vastly limits your options to complete the daily so adding complete 4 out of 8 options or something would be good or allowing you re-roll.

My biggest gripe is i'm a legendary collector I work towards a weapon complete it then move on to the next, to make them I ofc need gifts of battle which atm are limited to wvw title track only. I used to do the land claimer or big spender to get the potions to work towards the gift of battle. This now is impossible as the track reward potion is removed and there is no other option. I wouldn't even mind if it was 1K AA to buy the gift directly or be able to buy the progress reward potions. So I'm very annoyed at this as i don't wvw as I don't like the fact it has become zerg vs zerg rather then the fun it was at the game launch

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

The new rewards are a huge improvement to the dailies.  I don't see how the OP can say everything is worse when this is so much better. 

The important thing is that the new daily achievements offer theoretically higher rewards, but due to the lack of choices (4/4 compared to 4/12) the realizable rewards will be lower than the maximum amount for most players, as it is not feasible to complete some of those dailies in the time many players have available to play.

If you read the post it does state that I'm in favor of the new AA rewards themselves. It's a good replacement to the daily login rewards. I mentioned that specifically. Sorry, that message was probably buried in the text and unclear. I want to see the old daily achievements returned that offer more player choice. The only change that would be needed is to reward the new AA currency in addition to the old daily achievement rewards. Both of both worlds and less work for ANet.

The only change that was needed to allow the old daily achievements to support the new Astral Acclaim currency , was to add AA rewards to the pre-existing daily achievement rewards. Limit the number to completed dailies that award AA to 3 or 4 or whatever is needed, and add the new AA currency vendors to the game world. Simple, efficient and intuitive.

The Wizard's Vault UI is not necessary to achieve this. I know this is a personal aesthetic preference, but I prefer in-game vendors, like every other non-gem currency. AA is just another currency used to buy the items previously granted by the daily login. Lets not lose sight of the forest for the trees here.

Edited by Vecta.3475
Clarification of theoretical vs realizable rewards
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

I wouldn't say that it's inferior in every way. The Wizard's Vault rewards are an improvement over the previous dailies (though a huge nerf to daily log-ins). I also prefer weeklies over dailies and the WV gives me both.

If they increased the daily log in rewards to 10 AA at least and gave multiple choices for dailies, I would consider it a nice upgrade overall. As is right now, I imagine that some players won't even to bother to log in due to the abysmal log-in rewards. Even after logging in, some players will just log off if the daily choices are awful or they don't have access to the areas.

I don’t like this update as a whole, but I like weeklies. I like it when the game gives me bigger objectives that I can do at my own pacing over the week as opposed to minor objectives that must be done that day. I'm actually doing the weeklies on all my alt accounts, which is fun and the rewards are great.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 8/23/2023 at 9:04 PM, Peruna.7942 said:

The problem i have with new dailies is that me and my best friend seem to have DIFFERENT dailies every day..? is this a bug or is it supposed to be like this?

Old dailies brought people together and kept old maps alive.

This seems counterintuitive, or am i just missing something? 😕

This I feel quite strongly. When I felt like it I did the "Complete events in zone X daily" and it was always nice and busy there. I want that back please.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

The new rewards are a huge improvement to the dailies.  I don't see how the OP can say everything is worse when this is so much better.   Really the OPs hyperbolic title just destroys any argument they could possibly make.

Honestly I could have titled the post better. This was my first post. I don't know yet how to craft a title to gain traction. I'm sorry that the title was so controversial. I'm open to discuss how the new system (not only rewards) is better to what I have proposed, but to dismiss a post based on a hyperbolic title seems a little over the top.

I will try to be use a toned down title if I ever write another post.

Well. I've done the all-new, all-different dailies since SoTO launched, and I finished up the weekly today. Had something like 885 AAs or thereabouts, I forget. Haven't bought SoTO yet, so couldn't get any SoTO exclusive rewards. Decided to go for an ascended armor chest on my new Herald, on which I run two builds, one condi, one power, depending on circumstances and/or my mood. Figured I'd get a Viper's piece for the condi build. Cool. But wait! There is no Viper's armor in the chest. Uh... does it say that, somewhere, and I just didn't notice it?

• Sad 1